• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jimmyjoejohnson's sprite inserting tutorial for dummies

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
  • yes, as a matter of fact, today i got a usb adapter for my hacking computer ^^ this should speed things along alot quicker

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    I did what you said to do about the compression size, and the sprites are in but the colors are messed up. is there anyway to fix that?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • 1)Copy the pallette offset
    2)open up A.P.E and your rom(Advanced Palette Editor by hackmew)
    3)select "load from offset"
    4)paste your offset in the text box
    5)If it looks like the colors that you see...
    5.a)edit them by pieces of the Pokemon you see (if the bulb on bulbasaur is purple change the purple that you see to be green)
    5.b)If it doesn't then check the box of "compressed palette and do step 5.a
    6)I'm not going to do a pallete editing tutorial, so look around if you don't know how to use A.P.E

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    Sometimes the transparent color still shows up in the game. is there a way to fix that?
    this should be my last question O.K.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • resave your picture in irfanview and try using a *gif format, it tends to do better with transparency just remember to choose the right color

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2013
    When I write it to rom (With new OFFSET) it doesn't seem to save it to rom, once I
    go off it it changes back to the original picture. Can/how do you fix that?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    yea, its called HEX EDITORS and TILEMOLESETER and TILEVIEWER and MEMORYVIEWER.

perhaps you have mistaken me for one of those who can only use tools but I'm not that way, I know how to use hex editor and I know that you need to know ASM to insert compressed images in RBY. that's why I have asked if there is a code for automating the process of image compression in RBY..

Do you know a way (other than ASM) to put a chikorita sprite in pokemon blue version?

P.S.: all I know, or think to know, is that the compression algorithm should be similar to LZ77

Back