• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to set up a Partner battle, Not working. Requesting assistance

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
  • I was trying to set up a Partner Trainer depending on the starter you picked, and I wasn't sure how to go about it. So in my efforts to wing it, I did a:
    "If Starter Chosen Variable == 1
    Add partner: 4
    Else; Starter Chosen Variable == 2
    Add partner 5
    ..."
    And so on and such forth.
    Problem I'm running into right now is this
    Spoiler:

I have been unable to figure out how to fix it after struggling with it for a good portion of 4 hours. I see that "ExtendText" is mentioned, and I've tried following the instructions provided in the ExtendText.txt, but it didn't seem to do anything. Perhaps I was using it wrong, I'm not sure.
    If there's a way I can fix this, can someone please tell me? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Years
  • Your script is longer than one line. A line shouldn't never beginning with an "(". Try this:

pbRegisterPartner(
    PBTrainers::SCRenko_Sanae,"Renko")

I'm not sure what you mean with extendtext, but if you want to activate it, you simply must open the .exe. The textbox will then expand.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Right Click Extenedtext.exe, properties, then set administrator, problems with Vista and what not.

Back