• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Verification of Banned Episode "Beauty and the Beach"

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 26, 2004
I am wanting to do a trivia question about the banned episodes of Pokemon, and I want to be sure the information is accurate. Can anyone possibly help with this? I'm going to give you the question I want to use, and you tell me if I'm right.

"True or false? An episode of Pokemon was banned because of nudity."
false (An episode was banned because of what happened in the episode "Beauty and the Beach" (US version title). At the beauty contest, James appears--and the contest is for girls--with inflatable breasts, and he inflates them. Also, there's a reference to where Misty's breast size is made fun of. James' inflatable breasts, however, get too big to where only the nipples are covered.)

I would like a source, if anyone knows, but if no one knows, any help in finding out would be helpful. Thanks.

Eagle Eyes

Q Man

Erm...
Years
Well, it was pseudo-banned, since the episode WAS dubbed AND played, but the cutting of all those scenes caused the episode to be far too short...

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
Years
Actually, they animated new content for most of the scenes that they cut out.

And yes, I have seen the clip. There's no nudity involved at all, and James doesn't inflate them to the point where only the nipples are covered, they're just ridiculously big, but still covered.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 26, 2004
Rifted said:
Actually, they animated new content for most of the scenes that they cut out.

And yes, I have seen the clip. There's no nudity involved at all, and James doesn't inflate them to the point where only the nipples are covered, they're just ridiculously big, but still covered.

Thanks for the info. I heard from a friend, who loves Pok?mon, that an episode was banned due to nudity, and I wanted to verify it. I couldn't find any info about the nudity, so I assumed there wasn't any. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

(I would still like to see the episode in its entirety, but I doubt they will release it.)

Eagle Eyes

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
The Japanese and dubbed US episode didn't have any nudity at all even though Ash and co. were in their bathing suits for about 96% of the episode (and I don't know if you consider that nudity) but the reason it was really banned is because of James's fake breasts. I really want to see that episode again. :shocked:

Tweak

i remember that episode =-= james makes a good female crossdresser. he's even better than jessie. hahaha xD well, u gotta admit for a guy that's pretty decent. -_-;;

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard they recently banned Tentacool and Tentacruel as well becasue of the use of a bazooka (Blaine episode is next thanks to TR's Ice Bazookas, then a Poached Ego, thanks to the net gun....). Can anyone confirm this?

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2006
yes the tanacrule one is banned and the safari zone 1

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Zapchu said:
i remember that episode =-= james makes a good female crossdresser. he's even better than jessie. hahaha xD well, u gotta admit for a guy that's pretty decent. -_-;;

Yup. James dress a lot like a girl sometimes.

I laughed a whole lot when James was dressed in a tutu with tights. That was looked plain wrong... :shocked:

Porygon

Banned
Years
Shadow said:
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard they recently banned Tentacool and Tentacruel as well becasue of the use of a bazooka (Blaine episode is next thanks to TR's Ice Bazookas, then a Poached Ego, thanks to the net gun....). Can anyone confirm this?
T&T is not banned, it was on YTV twice in a row recently. Don't know about Blaine's, but if you mean Ash's Gym Battle with Blaine, the one where Pikachu uses Rhydon's drill as a lightning rod, then no, at least not when I saw it so long ago? Also, APE is not banned; I saw it again in the KTLA PKA Reruns. Pity I missed ATWAT again? blaha?

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
I think your information is correct.
This episode was not shown on the English channel of Hong Kong.
Not sure about Cantonese version.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Porygon said:
T&T is not banned, it was on YTV twice in a row recently. Don't know about Blaine's, but if you mean Ash's Gym Battle with Blaine, the one where Pikachu uses Rhydon's drill as a lightning rod, then no, at least not when I saw it so long ago? Also, APE is not banned; I saw it again in the KTLA PKA Reruns. Pity I missed ATWAT again? blaha?
I said the Blain episode and APE are next if it was true that T&T was banned.

And looking around it seems T&T was banned by Kids WB only (so if they ever show Kanto again you probably wont see it) This may not be true either. Not everything on the net is true.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Shadow said:
I said the Blain episode and APE are next if it was true that T&T was banned.

And looking around it seems T&T was banned by Kids WB only (so if they ever show Kanto again you probably wont see it) This may not be true either. Not everything on the net is true.
T&T as in "Tower of Terror"?
I thought it was banned by WB because they think they might scare little children...

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
i thought T&T stood for tentacool & tentacruel. i heard that one was banned cuz of bazooka's too. it wasn't shown on cartoon network and they do most of the old kanto one's in order. i thought tower of terror was banned because its title resemble the 9-11 incident. i'm not sure though. if 9-11 had something to do with it i also heard a scare in the air was going to be banned too but as far as i know it hasnt.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
They temporarily changed the title of "Scare in teh Air" I think it is back to normal now.

And T&T is "Tentacool and Tentacruel." If I meant "Tower of Terror" I probably would have said ToT

Back