• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RGSS Error

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I was checking the pokedex and this suddenly happened.

Exception: RGSSError

BitmapCache:318:in `initialize'

BitmapCache:318:in `initialize'

SpriteWindow:819:in `new'

SpriteWindow:819:in `initialize'

SpriteWindow:815:in `each'

SpriteWindow:815:in `initialize'

SpriteWindow:805:in `chdir'

SpriteWindow:805:in `initialize'

SpriteWindow:222:in `new'

SpriteWindow:222:in `initialize'

I've also noticed that RGSS crashes a lot with no apparent reason.

I am using animated sprites how can I make it so the pokedex and pc only the first frame like the catch-pokemon-for-the-first-time-screen.It's so laggy right now.

Last edited:

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • :L That is the thing with animated sprites. They cause errors, and take up A LOT of filespace. They may look nice, but arent worth it until your game is done. I would suggest replacing them with static Battlers until your game is done.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Do you think that when I compress my game this error and the lag will disappear?

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • Do you think that when I compress my game this error and the lag will disappear?

Compressing the game wont. It is something it the script that shows the sprites. You have messed it up somehow. Try switching to non animated sprites and see if it still gives you the error

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I ran twice through a completely lagless pokedex and no error showed up,just those ugly gen 3 static sprites,yuck :p

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • THen get Gen 5 Statics. :L Just make the .gifs staic. Its REALLY easy

I ran twice through a completely lagless pokedex and no error showed up,just those ugly gen 3 static sprites,yuck :p
    Fronts
    Spoiler:

Backs
    Spoiler:

Just Sayin

Last edited:
    Back