• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen An Ultimate Fighting Machine returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I heard a rumor somewhere that the Berserk Gene from G/S/C could make a comeback, which I guess would explain Mewtwo's supposed new forme, and perhaps even explain why the Berserk Gene wasn't in HG/SS.

Here's my theory, in the situation that the new forme is legit: in G/S/C, the Berserk Gene was a consumable item that could be found in Cerulean Cave that raised the user's Attack power. If the Berserk Gene were to make a comeback, then that would lead me to believe that the Berserk Gene has been repurposed to be a forme-changing item like the Reveal Glass or the DNA Splicers in BW2, and that Mewtwo's new forme is a berserk forme that's more Attack-focused than its base forme. Perhaps with X and Y, we'll get more of a backstory behind the Berserk Gene as a sort of callback to Gold and Silver.

I for one think the prospect of Gen I and II Pokemon getting new formes is great; it's been something I've been wondering about since the release of Gen V, since the last three generations have had at least one Pokemon with an alternate forme, and yet no Pokemon from Gen I and II has ever had one.

I'd really like if that isn't true. Beserk Gene has also been rumored to reappear in roughly every game since its removal from the data coding in Ruby/Sapphire. It was rumored to appear in FR/LG and Emerald, but didn't. Someone said it would appear in D/P it didn't. Platinum rolled around still no Gene, and when the remakes appeared it was still gone. Its most likely been deleted for good just like Cacophony.

Also even if it gets an alternate form it may have no back story at all. Not all of them with form changes have stories. Even if they include it it can also be Post National dex.

I do feel like this would be a good moment to have the item appear again as it was missing in gen IV's gen II remakes. However what could cause the second forme as it's believed that it has two new forms. Unless we get a choice of which forme to turn it into using one item :)

I sorta remember them saying they just removed it since it was scrapped data to begin with like Cacophony. It didn't appear in the remakes because it wasn't supposed to exist or something.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
I sorta remember them saying they just removed it since it was scrapped data to begin with like Cacophony. It didn't appear in the remakes because it wasn't supposed to exist or something.
I always thought Cacophony didn't exist because it was just Soundproof with a different name. I would assume it was originally meant to be a signature ability for the Whismur line, given their tendency to emit loud noises, and how all three are supposed to resemble some form of loudspeaker, but as you can see they now all have Soundproof for an ability which does the same thing as Cacophony. So I assume that's the reason the ability was never used.

And Berserk Gene falls under a similar category; it's a consumable item that raises Attack, but we already have X Attack, which does the exact same thing. It could always be brought back with a new purpose since it never existed in the games since Gen II, but of course the same could also be said for Cacophony (perhaps it could raise the power of sound attacks, like how Iron Fist raises the power of punches).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I always thought Cacophony didn't exist because it was just Soundproof with a different name. I would assume it was originally meant to be a signature ability for the Whismur line, given their tendency to emit loud noises, and how all three are supposed to resemble some form of loudspeaker, but as you can see they now all have Soundproof for an ability which does the same thing as Cacophony. So I assume that's the reason the ability was never used.

And Berserk Gene falls under a similar category; it's a consumable item that raises Attack, but we already have X Attack, which does the exact same thing. It could always be brought back with a new purpose since it never existed in the games since Gen II, but of course the same could also be said for Cacophony (perhaps it could raise the power of sound attacks, like how Iron Fist raises the power of punches).

Cacophony was the Beta version of Sound Proof. So yes they were the same ability. It was removed later on.

I think Berserk Gene may have been beta item for X attack since you mention that. Which would be why it was removed.

As for is it possible for both to return in name alone? Yes, but then its a different item and not a returning one.

----
A little off topic:
Just noticed a huge kanto advertisement thing going on...Anime: Kanto Fair where they show the starters, showcase Kanto Pokemon in Unova...and Ash gets Charizard back...Ash is returning to Kanto for no real reason other than to end the season...Mewtwo promotions in B/W and Movie wise...Guys Gen 1 remakes for the 3DS OMG! XD If Mewtwo gets a new form watch...it'll happen just to go further into why he has a new form giving the remakes a further story again XD

All this Kanto business is just coincidence...don't think to hard about this. I'm just having fun~

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
on that off topic: It's speculated that Kanto may appear in these games so that way the need for any more RG remakes will be gone for now...also next year is the tenth anniversity of FrLg...I don't really know what to think of it as I'm still a little tired of Kanto despite gen V's break.

On topic: Maybe they can make two new genes, and say in game that scientists developed the forms using the berserk gene that was left over creating new genes, as a kind of reference to the now obsolete item.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I heard a rumor somewhere that the Berserk Gene from G/S/C could make a comeback, which I guess would explain Mewtwo's supposed new forme, and perhaps even explain why the Berserk Gene wasn't in HG/SS.

Maybe you could be given it towards the end of the game, and then when the game actually finishes then it flashes and a Mewtwo forme appears! And then becomes the final boss!

Years
I thought occured to me, what if it does have two formes, yet they're version exclusives, requiring the use of keys similar to those used in B2W2 to obtain the other forme changing item.

The final boss thing will be pretty epic if done right. Yet it'll sort of feel like the end of Pokémon due to a return to the original powerhouse...I don't want to see that kind of speculation pop up again...even though it always does...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The final boss thing will be pretty epic if done right. Yet it'll sort of feel like the end of Pokémon due to a return to the original powerhouse...I don't want to see that kind of speculation pop up again...even though it always does...

I thought Red would be more suitable for that spot, since Gen II was originally suppose to be the end of the Pokemon. Mewtwo as the final boss will feel anti-climatic, for you'll still be able to capture him, as long as you have a Master Ball with you.

Years
Unless they made it so that masterballs won't be able to be used...that'll be difficult...but yeah Red appearing would be better...that guy appears in every generation...

Guy

just a guy
Years
With heavy discussion of the "new" Mewtwo being confirmed and how it as well as the original Mewtwo might play a role in X/Y, I don't think there's anymore need to keep this thread hanging around. It has lived its purpose, so now it is time to put this thread to good rest.

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back