• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~songs within ur heart~

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Are there any songs that connect with a deep emotional well inside of you? What are they? Why do they make you feel sad/euphoric/infuriated/etc? Do you even like these songs?

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
King of Anything by someone that I honestly can't even remember right now. That's a song that always strongly affects my emotions, for the positive. Since it's all about saying screw you to everyone that tried to control you it makes me happy, even if I can't say the same thing to most people that have a hold on my life lol.

#isthenumbersign
Years
King of Anything by someone that I honestly can't even remember right now. That's a song that always strongly affects my emotions, for the positive. Since it's all about saying screw you to everyone that tried to control you it makes me happy, even if I can't say the same thing to most people that have a hold on my life lol.
Sarah Bareilles!

I'd have to say anything by Christina Perri. Arms and A Thousand Years really get to me emotionally. They don't exactly make me sad, but it's just emotional, lol no way to explain it. I definitely like them, but it's not something I listen to everyday, since then it's not as impacting.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Perfect by Pink. I can relate to it a lot, mainly because of the fact that I'm insecure. When I'm listening to that song I get all mushy inside and I feel like crying. My emotions flow whenever I hear it. Great song; made a huge impression on me the first time I heard it.

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm gonna cry thinking about it, haha. But Pickup Truck by Kings of Leon will always be that song for me. I always skip it when it shows up. It's a masterpiece, but it's just hard to listen to without remembering mistakes I've made. It's a song for me and someone special. And back when he said it was his feelings for me in the song, I didn't really understand till after I messed up. ...Okay I'm in McDonald's and I'm gonna start crying if I don't stop, so I'll leave it there. I don't need people staring.

Fun fact: The lyrics have been in my blog header ever since the album was released in late 2010. I don't have the heart to ever change it, really.

droomph

weeb
Years
Zoology by Knife Party. It's my most listened song, and for a good reason too. It makes me feel like myself. I'm not very "conventional" in character, and neither is this song's instruments.

also everything by feed me, skrillex, any artist that regularly puts in spastic beats :D because that's who I am!

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
Hmm. There are many songs. Each one of them triggers a different part of myself - but I'll list the three that have the most effect on me:

- "This Day We Fight!" by Megadeth - It's my motivational song. The speed and agressiveness of the guitars pumps my blood and relieves my stress - plus the lyrics which make me go "Come at me bro!" at any challenge.

- "This Godless Endeavor" by Nevermore - My eyes open in pure amazement at such a masterpiece of metal - such songwriting skills, performance and epic sound are just asdfasdasg - And it also shares some of my views on religion on its lyrics.

- "Journeyman" by Iron Maiden - Yes, from a myriad of amazing and legendary Iron Maiden songs I chose their only song entirely played on acoustic instruments. It's a calm, still well-written and nice sounding instrumental with lyrics that touch my soul in a way few other songs do. My mind and soul feel free whenever I listen to this song.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Cough Syrup by Young the Giant. It's a beautifully dark song; a cry for help. However, I don't feel sad, but rather, empowered when I hear the chorus. My heart soars to all new sorts of levels when I listen to this song. I can't go one day without listening to it, even if it's just for some dozen seconds or so from my cell phone... Thanks, Mac!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
'The I Love You Song' from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I'm not sure how much of a connection I have to this song, but it's definitely one that elicits ridiculously strong emotions from me, more than any other piece of music. If I'm anything other than deliriously happy, it can often make me cry if I sit down to listen to it absent mindedly. It's from a musical, so I empathise with the characters singing the lyrics, but it's more the music and those damn harmonies that get to me every time. I can't relate to any of the stuff that's being sung about (broken up families, mental illness, delirious expressions of love), but it gets me every time.

Back