• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    You do remember you can hack an ice/dragon/ghost pokemon according to your challenge,right?

Yeah, but the hacking for Ice types didn't work out so well.

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
    Years
  • Got WiG the Turtwig (slave), Plump the Bidoof, and Rex the Starly. Now training.

Made Plump and Rex both level 5.

Defeated Rival Damian - current team: Rex (Starly) level 9, WiG (Turtwig slave) level 5, and Plump (Bidoof) level 8.

Defeated Gym 1 - current team: Plump (Bibarel) level 16 and Rex (Staravia) level 14.

Defeated Team Galactic's Mars and saved the Windworks.

Fighting through Eterna Forest

Caught Bun-Bun the Buneary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Pokemon Emerald final update
    -Surfed to Evergrade city and entered victory road
    -Defeated Wally
    Wally.png

-After 3 tries got though victory road....
    The Elite four
    -Vs Sidney
    I HATE MIGHTHYENA! STUUPID SAND ATTACK! After it was kiled everything esle was easy
    ooo-1.png

Vs Phobe: Easy as pie Jasmine swept her
    oooo.png

-Vs Glacia: This one was oayish nothing good or bad happen, Jade done most of the work
    3-2.png

-Vs Drake and Wallace Jade done 99%of the work.
    4.png

5.png

MVP=JADE!

NEXT is Platium! I CAN FINALLY USE GYRADOS!

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Prime's HeartGold MonoIce Challenge Status!

Hey! Brining my final update of the Heart Gold Ice Challenge I had carried over from a previous thread - I suppose its up to the 'boss(es)' of the thread to proclaim me a form of champion in that department. However without screenshots - I'll try to get the battle detail with Red in detail!
    Trainer: Blake
    Type: Ice

Pokemon_Trainer_Gold_Sprite_by_bws2cool.png

***Team Status: Claiming a well earnt rest from a well earnt Victory!***

365walrein.png

Walrein(M)/Lvl68/Calm @ Leftovers
    Ability: Ice Body
    Moveset:Surf/Protect/Rest/Body Slam

460abomasnow.png

Abomasnow(M)/Lvl66/Rash @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Moveset:Ice Shard/Focus Blast/Wood Hammer/Blizzard

478froslass.png

Froslass(F)/Lvl65/Modest @ Lax Incense
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moveset: Destiny Bond/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Blizzard

473mamoswine.png

Mamoswine(M)/Lvl66/Adamant @ Muscle Band
    Moveset:Stealth Rock/Rock Slide/Ice Shard/Earthquake

461weavile.png

Weavile(M)/Lvl65/Jolly @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Pressure
    Moveset:Avalanche/Ice Shard/Screech/Night Slash

Battle Summary VS -PKMN Trainer Red

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

..... Which means I had finally beaten the game! (From the rules I had went by at least.) So I suppose I should include some little summaries!

MVP (Most Valued Pokemon): Oh how cruel, i'd surely judge them all equally - However in terms of who was the most versatile and effective, it would HAVE to be Walrein, also my starter pokemon - Flawlessey did he take damage with his 267HP and 198DEF/161SP.DEF Whilst washing and flattening foes with Surf/Body Slam combos. Protect stalling a +50hp heal from Lefties + Hail. Watching Spheal evolve into Sealeo was awesome - Watching Sealeo evolve into this beast, was priceless!

Though despite the praise I give Walrein - All team members were invaluable at the time, Froslass and its Destiny Bond/Sp.Atk stats pushing the scales in my side several times throughout the game - Mamoswines sheer force/Weavile's speed and Screech useage. Heck, even Lapras who was deposited after the #1 E4 runthrough gave considerable assistance. In case the dumbfounded occured, JYNX had to be removed from my final team in order to make way for a Rock Climber (The Geodude mentioned in my previous update)

However its been fun! And im sure to trade my team and the legendaries/starters I will recieve from POST-RED play into my Soul Silver cartirdge, allowing me to give life to a brand new team, which type I am unsure, perhaps Dark or Ghost - Maybe even Rock or Steel. I need to review team usage before that! Though I may even take up the ultimate challenge excluding B/W since I am without a copy.

Though all in all I hope thread bosses and/or other challengers take the time to read this, as my team may provide insight for someone's own - Whether using certain moveset's or strategies to tackle a future obstacle!

Ciao for now!
    - Prime
    (Blake)

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Final Update for Ice UMC!

Final Update (#4) on Black.
    • First things first, I fished up Dratini and evolved him into Dragonite for an HM Slave.
    • Then I made my way to Undella Town, where I fished up Pearl the Shellder.
    • Continuing on, I found myself in the Giant Chasm, where I caught Manny the Piloswine.
    • After Manny relearned AncientPower, he evolved into Mamoswine, and a Water Stone evolved Pearl into Cloyster.
    • After a bunch of EV training, I started grinding everyone, and defeated all the trainers I could find.
    • Then I took on Cheren, Morimoto, and Cynthia. They were all hard, especially those damn Simisear.
    • After using my Rare Candies to get everyone to L72, I took on the Elite Four again.
    • Shauntal: Manny and Peal combined here for the win.
    • Grimsley: Artic took out 5 Pokemon with Bulk Up + Brick Break, then Snow Cone finished the fight.
    • Caitlin: Crystal took down 3, Artic took down 2, and Manny finished off Gothitelle.
    • Marshall: Crystal Ice Beamed Breloom, then Pearl beat 3 with Shell Smash + Icicle Spear. Snow Cone and Artic finished up.
    Screens:
    Spoiler:

Hall of Fame pics:
    Spoiler:

Team Slick (Final):

584.gif

Snow Cone the Bashful Vanilluxe, ♂ - L72 @ Icy Rock
    Ability: Ice Body
    Moves: Ice Beam, Hail, Acid Armor, Blizzard
    Final Stats: 223/171/139/186/158/141
    Elite Four 1 co MVP, N/Ghetsis MVP
    614.gif

Artic the Hardy Beartic, ♂ - L73 @ Black Belt
    Moves: Thrash, Brick Break, Icicle Crash, Bulk Up
    Final Stats: 238/209/153/127/128/126
    Unova MVP, Elite Four 2 MVP
    615.gif

Crystal the Bashful Cryogonal - L73 @ NeverMeltIce
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Solarbeam, Reflect
    Final Stats: 205/100/68/188/232/195
    Elite Four 1 co-MVP

473.gif

Manny the Quirky Mamoswine, ♂ - L72 @ Soft Sand
    Moves: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Amnesia, Stone Edge
    Final Stats: 269/251/138/107/92/154

091.gif

Pearl the Quirky Cloyster, ♀ - L74 @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Skill Link
    Moves: Icicle Spear, Spike Cannon, Surf, Shell Smash
    Final Stats: 189/210/281/145/84/128
    Alder MVP

HM Slaves:
    149.gif

Dragonite - Fly, Waterfall, Strength, Dive

Last edited:
    Years
  • Had a 7 hour flight, so I got out my laptop and finished off the Grass-Hoenn portion of my UUMC!

I got through to Victory Road with a balanced team at about level 44. Thinking that the Elite Four was like in Kanto, with the highest pokemon at level 65, I decided I needed to do some serious training. But Even with my powerhouse, Sceptile, I couldn't OHKO any pokemon outside of Aron and Makuhita.

So off to the underwater grass just outside Sootopolis. OHKOing all the Chinchous, Clamperls and Relicanths that came my way. Also, using 3 Zigzagoons and a Linoone, did some item farming. Got Sceptile up to level 65! And then Cacturne to 47, used my 12 Rare Candies and got him up to 59. Then decided to challenge the Elite Four, ignoring my other members.

The Elite Four was a piece of cake, especially since I realised that my 2 powerhouses were WAY overlevelled. But I'll give a summary:

Used Breloom vs Sidney's Mightyena, was only level 46, give him a persim berry so after Intimidate, Mightyena used swagger and I 2KOed with mach Punch. But still too weak. So Sceptile finished the rest.

Used Cacturne to OHKO all of Phoebe's pokemon with Faint Attack, except for the lvl 51 Dusclops, which was a 2KO.

leaf Blade and Brick Break on Sceptile destroyed Glacia.

Dragon Claw on Sceptile destroyed Drake.

Used Breloom to Paralyse Skarmory with Stun Spore, and set up leech Seed on him. Then sent in Cacturne to growth 5 times, and beat Armaldo and Cradily easily. Got KOed by Metagross. Scpetile finished with EQ, then beat Aggron and Claydol easily. CHAMPION!!!!

The Team:
    pkrs003.gif

Forry the Sceptile
    Female, Rash, lvl 66
    Overgrow
    Leaf blade, Brick Break, EQ, Dragon Claw

pkrs035.gif

Punchy the Breloom
    Male, Impish, lvl 47
    Effect Spore
    Mach Punch, Headbutt, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Senorita the Lombre (forgot to evolve to Ludicolo lol)
    Female, Sassy, lvl 43
    Rain Dish
    Absorb, Surf, Rain Dance, Ice beam

pkrs120.gif

Texas the Cacturne
    Female, Docile, lvl 60
    Sand Veil
    Faint Attack, Needle Arm, Growth, Leech Seed

HM Slaves:
    Tropius: Strength, Rock Smash, Flash, Fly
    Tentacool: Dive, Waterfall, Cut

UUMC progress: 3/83. Sinnoh next!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    I'm doing Pokemon Red - Mono-type poison, I'll post my results later

97Tarsier, Pokemon Red - Mono-Poison
    • Picked Bulbasaur as my starter.
    • Narrowly defeated Gary's Charmander
    • Recieved Pokedex from Oak
    • Caught Nidoran-M
    • Trained both Bublasaur and Nidoran-M to level 10 before taking on Gary again.
    • Narrowly defeated Gary Pidgey with Bulbasaur's Leech Seed + Tackle shenanigans
    • 3-Hit KO'd Garys Charmander with Nidoran-M's Horn Attack
    • Easily defeated Viridian Forest.
    • Trained Bulbasaur to level 13 for Vine Whip
    • DESTROYED Brock's Gym with Bulbasaur's Vine whip.
    • This resulted in Bulbasaur becoming level 15
    • Nidoran learned Poison sting at level 14
    Saved Game at the route between Pewter and Mt. Moon

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • While trying to get into the radio tower a team rocket member mistook me for a new recruit and told me to go get a uniform form the tunnel. Well seems i found how to get in. Just as i was enetring Silver shows up and blows my cover then runs off to leave me to fight my through. Thanks buddy, really needed more battles. Long story short i beat proton, arianna and petrel. Then took on Archer, they were moderatly hard fights but as my bugs were there levels it wasnt extremely hard.

Walking back to mahogany town i headed through the ice path. Towards the end i saw that mysterious kimono girl again and saved her from being stuck. Arrived at Blackthorn

In the gym i met this extremely arragont girl, Claire, after beating her she said i still have to pass the test in the dragons den. Who made her the boss. The test was actualy some questions, phew. After answering Claire still didnt want to hand over the badge but after being threatened with lance hearing about she gave up. Eighth badge earned.

Elm said go the dancing studio and there tuned out to be 5 kinomo girls. They each had a stong eevelution and i had one bug left by the end of the battles. They took me to the whirl islands to catch lugi and so i did.

Making my way to the Elite four i realized there levels were too high foir me. So the long rocess of gornign began. I gad to get everyone form 40 to 46. Took me about three days.
    Elite Four
    Will's weakness to bugs was his downfall, cept for his xatu wich dennis used suxker punch on.

Koga couldnt poison me cause of Jagg and Spokes being steel so E4 no 2 down.

Bruno's fighting hardly hurt the ultimate bugs and the giant came crashing down

Karen thought she was so cool yet her whole team was taken down by cleo and dennis

Lance was really x 5 hard. Spokes used iron defense then payaback on gyarados, then came charizard. With hercules holding bright powder his air slash missed then he was gone with a rock tomb. Jaggs bullet punch took out aerodactyl. On his dragonite is thought ledian knowing ice punch would help. One ice punch took a quarter of his health. Cleo you are hopless. Hercules and Clamps took that one down. His other two were fainted byt some bullet punchs form scizor. I AM THE CHAMPION
    WOO HAHAH WOLOLOLOLO LALALALA YAYAYAYAYAY......
    finaly :) Now just Kanot and red

Team Ciax
    Cleo - Lv 46 ♀
    166.png
    Ice Punch, Silver Wind, Agility, Swift

Dennis - Lv 46 ♂
    168.png
    Spider Web, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Psychic

Spokes - Lv 46 ♀
    205.png
    Iron Defense, Bug Bite, Mirror Shot, Payback

Hercules - Lv 47 ♂
    214.png
    Close Combat, Bricke Break, Reversal, Rock tomb

Clamps - Lv 46 ♂
    127.png
    X - Scissor, Earthquake, Thrash, Swords Dance

Jagg - 48 ♂ E4 MVP
    212.png
    Bullet Punch - E4 MVM, Night Slash, Cut, X - Scissor

Also in Kanto i have beaten LT surge after travelling there by the SS. Anne

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Team Ciax
    Cleo - Lv 46 ♀
    166.png
    Ice Punch, Silver Wind, Agility, Swift

Isnt the only way Ledian can learn that move via Tutor? Which would mean you either spent lots of time in the Frontier - Which is unlikely. Or traded it over with the move from (Im guessing - The shard tutors in Platinum?)

Couldnt help notice it stand out due to my Weavile purposely lacking the move on my recent Ice run, is this still a rule carried over from the old thread?

Im not nitpicking, I congratulate you on beating lance, just obviously that move would make quite the difference against him - Albeit if it were 'illegal' to crudely put it. x)
    EDIT: Ah, I see earlier in the thread you chose to trade a bug no matter what the circumstance to possess both Spinarak+Ledian - Though you must have hatched the egg before giving it the tutor move from Platinum I suppose. I'd count that as a double fault. xD

On the real reason of this post - I believe im going for a MONO-DARK run next. So I can enjoy my favourites such as Shiftry. Though once I purchase a B/W copy - I'll likely ultimate challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Pokemon Platium update 1 (Gyms 1-5)
    -Named self Mew and named rival AHADkid
    -Got Poochma the Piplup
    -Hatched the Corpish egg and named her Hegina
    -Trained and got the Pokedex
    -Met Looker
    -Defeatd rival
    -Caught Koking the Magikarp
    -Water vs rock= OH MY EFFING GOSH THIS WAS EFFING HARD I MEAN REALLY WHAT THE EFF! I WAS UNDERLEVELED bUT STILL IT TOOK LIKE 7 TIMES TO GET THOUGH THE FIRST GYM!
    IMG0032A.jpg

-Defeated the grunts
    -Trained more and defeated Mars (Poochama evovled while traning)
    IMG0032B.jpg

-Caught Lucy the Shellos (Named to change later on)
    -Got though the Etreena forest
    -Faced the gym trainers and KOKING evovled!
    IMG0033A.jpg

-Water vs Grass= Hard was everyone would say I had to trai everyone to level 25 then it was easy....
    IMG0034A.jpg

-Defeated Jupiter and got the
    -Got to Hearthome city and got Showers te Eevee and evolved her!
    IMG0035A.jpg

-Water vs Ghost= HAULLJEH! IT WAS EASY! ONE TRY AND I DESTORYED HER YAY!
    IMG0036A.jpg

-Got though route 212
    -Water vs fighting= Pretty easy,no one died
    IMG0041A.jpg

-Defeated rival
    -Water vs Water=Hard EFFING GYARDOS AND THE FLICHING!
    IMG0042A.jpg

-Defeated the grunt
    -Trained everyone and Lucy evolved
    IMG0043A.jpg

-Got to Cleastic town

Team=
    IMG0044A.jpg

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Isnt the only way Ledian can learn that move via Tutor? Which would mean you either spent lots of time in the Frontier - Which is unlikely. Or traded it over with the move from (Im guessing - The shard tutors in Platinum

I actually traded it over to hg and taught ice punch then traded back, If it matters alot i can delete it and also it didnt help with lance at all, Ledians attack is that weak it only did a quarter of damage then she died. If i could restart Johto i wouldnt use her she is actually really really bad. :embarrass

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    OH GOD WHY AM I DOING A FIRE RED MONO OF FIGHTING?
    'Update' 1 : Brock Got Rocked
    lp1g.png

Yes, my name is Ganton. Silly old blind fools.
    lp2h.png

Taking advantage of blind old men since 1999
    lp3.png

DANANANANANANA BOX PARTY-MAN
    lp4r.png

Lulzy be joking.
    He be the joker.
    lp5.png

ONE OUT OF THREE FIGHTING TYPES OMG!
    lp6p.png

Before
    lp7.png

After
    lp8l.png

EASY, NEXT TIME : MOUNT ZUBAT, BILL TEH NERD, SKIPPING MISTY TO THE BOAT, LT.SURGE AND MAYBE EVEN MISTY AND OUR OTHER TWO CATCHES...
    Probably not, but maybe!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    Ultimate bug monotype

I defeated Brock on the second time of trying. I got to Mt Moon and caught a paras (Perez). After grinding in Mt Moon I got to cerulean city and Beat my rival Karl...now for the nugget bridge.

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I actually traded it over to hg and taught ice punch then traded back, If it matters alot i can delete it and also it didnt help with lance at all, Ledians attack is that weak it only did a quarter of damage then she died. If i could restart Johto i wouldnt use her she is actually really really bad. :embarrass

Fair enough - It wasnt as bad for my Weavile - Considering its retardedly high ATK. However for future reference, Ledian isnt really an attacker, I'd use her as a Light Screen/Reflect OR Batton Pass'er. Or perhaps a combination of the two, at least then she gains use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back