• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with editing mega evolutions?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • I have successfully created Mega Evolution, but now the sprites are shifted too far to the left. I know I can use the External Editor to change where the battler is, but wouldn't that affect ALL of the pokemon? Is there a certain size each battler has to be? I have used the smogon xy black and white style sprite project's sprites, but all of them are 96x96 px each. Do they have to be a certain size to be aligned correctly or what
    Thanks
    AGD/DSGS/PCGD

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • The sprites should be on a 80x80 canvas and the image doubled up to 160x160. You can look at the existing sprites for reference. A 96x96 sprite will appear at the same point of origin as the normal sprites, which is probably why it is shifting over.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • By Canvas do you mean the circle upon which the pokemon are standing on? Or the painting canvas?

So the pokemon itself should be 160x160 pixels and the canvas should be 80x80 px? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    By Canvas do you mean the circle upon which the pokemon are standing on? Or the painting canvas?

So the pokemon itself should be 160x160 pixels and the canvas should be 80x80 px? Correct me if i'm wrong.

The sprite that goes in the battlers folder should be 160x160 pixels total. This is a doubled up sprite though. The original sprite should have been 80x80. Your's was 96x96 and then doubled up I think is what you were saying. You need to fix this.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    A bug in Essentials means that, when a Pokémon changes sprites in battle, it isn't centred horizontally to account for the new sprite's width. This affects Mega Evolution and other form changes, as well as Transform.

To get around this, make sure the sprites are all the same width, or wait for the next version of Essentials to come out.

Back