• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Send The Welcoming Committee!

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Hiya all!

My brother plays pokemon but he hasn't updated to the new games and hates forums and the like but I am the complete opposite! I LOVE forums and I have Pokemon Y and enjoy it very much! I enjoy it so much that I beat the E4 and as soon as I did I restarted ALL OVER! No transfers or nothing!

I think this time I am going to go with Froakie and raise all new pokemon this time around and can't wait to get my game started tomorrow morning! I love forums and I love being active and making friends and the like, but hate trading FOR crazy strong pokemon early in my game because it makes it to easy and I find that kind of like cheating for me (no offense to those of you who enjoy playing that way, we all have our opinions and likes and dislikes!) and I have never done something like that.

I am easy to get along with and enjoy helping others with whatever I can and would like some tips for this time around! Is there a "Dream World" for Pokemon Y or something of the like? What are some pokemon you guys enjoyed raising? I was thinking of going with Froakie, Bunnelsby and maybe Fletchling. Also been thinking about Goodra, Larvitar, Helioptile and Aurorus. Any opinions on these pokemon or maybe others I should consider?

It was nice to introduce myself and hope to meet you all soon and hope to be chatting with a few of you here tomorrow!

Ciao!

Years
Forums are the booomb! Glad to see you here and welcome, Ruyu. :D I've made so many friends during just two years of being here so that's something that'll likely happen to you as well provided you stick around.

But yeah, have a blast starting your Pokemon game - I'm really itching to buy Pokemon Y so I can replay through the story but apparently Pokemon Bank/Transporter only works for one save file so it'll be hard moving new 'mons over. Either way X and Y are really great games. And no, there isn't a Dream World for the sixth generation games sadly.. :( I personally enjoyed raising Meowstic because of their relatively diverse movepools and Talonflame was pretty useful too, but it's all up to you.

Have fun and contact a staff member if you need anything! <3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Welcoming Committee has arrived, brought to you part by Aura Blackquill! Now, how bout some chocolate while I greet ya? Ah, but really, welcome to the forums champ, and you seem like a really cool dude already! Great to meet you. :3

Isn't Pokemon Y just amazing? I really love playing the games too. s much as I liked playing the pokemon V games, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y were really big step-ups from them. I started off with Fennekin myself, but, Froakie was pretty cool to use too! I love the variety on it's moves when it evolves, and it's ability is just amazing; it's able to copy the type of the move that it just used the previous turn! It's really handy! And yeah, I can totally agree with you on saying that I'd rather train in-game pokemon myself and progress through the story than trading for strong pokemon and just.. destroying everything in sight. Tempting as that sounds, I just feel a bit more fair training everything myself!

As for your question, there was a Pokémon Global Link for the games that was launched on October 12, 2013, which I suppose you can call that 'dream world' but, no one really does. You can get Poké Miles on the PokéMileage Club there, depending on the number of points collected! For your other question, I still really love to raise some personal favourites like Eevee, Roselia, Trapinch,etc, but, I love using Fennekin, Sylveon, and Florges too. I think what you're raising so far is excellent, but just remember to try and keep that variety for type advantage, so you'd become more adaptable in battles. :3

Hope this all helps! Check out the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y board if you would like to talk about the games there too! Great to have you here, and I wish you happy and great time on the forums! Let us know if you have any more questions, and we'll answer! And see you again! Cheers! :3

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Any of you guys also happen to enjoy the TV Series called "House MD" with Hugh Laurie? Would LOVE some friends who watch and enjoy that series, I watched all 8 seasons in less than a week and it's amazing! Watched them multiple times now!

Anyone else here enjoy this series?

Edit: My electric type will be Pikachu for sure! I forgot I had access to his evolution line this game! Amazing!

Ciao!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Did someone say House!? 8D

That's one of the few things I've ever really like on TV that wasn't a cartoon or anime!

Also, welcome!

Years
And hello to you too Ruyu! Welcome aboard!

I love forums as well because they helped me make so many friends that I couldn't do in real life so yeah I can tell how excited you are about being part of us now. I happen to have picked Froakie as my Kalos starter in X as well, because I always tend to go with Water-type starters most of the time plus he's got the coolest evolutions of the bunch. Aura has recommended the X/Y section if you're interested in discussing various topics on the 6th Generation games.

Aside from that, PC has way more topics you can contribute to, Pokemon or not because we always like to please everyone's taste. Anyways, have fun and enjoy your time at PC and make sure you read the rules, plus the staff and the more experienced members are always there if you ever need a helping hand. I'll be sure to catch you around the forums Ruyu!

- Hikari

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
Hello and welcome to the PokeCommunity, I joined today and I have to say you are going to have so much fun here. Everyone here is so kind and welcoming.Anyway welcome Ruyu! Three cheers For Ruyu, hip hip wooray!

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Thank you all so much for the welcomes and the kind approach!

@BakingBluePotatoe:
Spoiler:

What do you guys think I should do with my moves for my Greninja, Diggersby, Talonflame and Raichu? Here's what I was thinking (Moves I am unsure about choosing will be in parenthesis, please help me decide and if you think I should use a totally different moveset then tell me. If you think I should replace a pokemon with a different one, tell me. Also, help with the two free slots of pokemon if you can please!):

Greninja: Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Scald, (Rock Slide OR Grass Knot)
Diggersby: Earthquake, Brick Break, Surf, Bounce
Talonflame: Fly, Flame Charge, Steel Wing, (Will-o-wisp, Roost OR Brave Bird)
Raichu: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Toxic, Hidden Power [(Whichever I get)]

This is what I am thinking. If you think I should replace a pokemon, change a moveset or have tips on the current pokemon or have tips on who I can add to the last two slots, please I prefer if you were to post here but if you so desire, you may PM me the recommendations, and the hints and tips you have!

Thank you all so much!

Ciao!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'M LATE ON THE WELCOMING COMMITTEE. Shawn forgot to pick me up, so I have arrived to your introduction by BAREFOOT. Such sacrifice, very awesomeness.

I kid. :P Welcome to PC, Ruyu! You should probably ask the peeps at the Battle Center if you want to find what other Pokemon is best for your current team. Are you playing XY or are you trying out our battle server? If you haven't tried out the server, you should!

Forums are greeeeeat. You're going to have the best time in this community. We're the most friendliest, and the most awesomest out there. You'll enjoy the sections, the threads, the posts, and the people posting in them. It's even easy to make friends here as well, so you won't have much problems with that at all. If you have any questions, or need any help, you can ask any staff member in bold names. From personal experience, they are really nice!~

Have fun around PC, man. See ya around, don't hesitate to shoot me a message ok!~

Back