• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainstorm VI

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    The Rainstorm VI
    The Team (Overview)

186.png
    149.png
    598.png
    454.png

The Team (Detailed)

186.png

Politoed @ Focus Sash
    Drizzle
    Bold

252 HP, 158 Defence, 100 Special Defence,
    • Surf
    • Double Team
    • Toxic
    • Protect
    Politoed is a lead to summon the rain into the field, then Surf as a useful STAB with an added boost from the rain. Toxic and Protect are essential for toxic stalling and it is hard to kill with the Double Team, the Bold Nature, and all the HP, Defence and Special Defence EV's.

149.png

Dragonite @
    Multiscale
    Modest

252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    • Thunder
    • Hurricane
    • Roost
    • Dragon Pulse
    The Thunder and Hurricane always hits in the rain, with Dragon Pulse as a reliable stab move. The Nature and EV's mean it will have a formidable Special Attack. The Roost is for when it's HP drops low.

598.png

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Iron Barbs
    Careful

252 HP, 252 Special Defence, 4 Defence
    • Gyro Ball
    • Power Whip
    • Toxic
    • Leech Seed
    As it is so slow, the Gyro Ball hits for massive damage with the STAB bonus which the Power Whip also gets. Toxic is good for toxic stalling and Leech Seed for added damange and HP gain. I have put a almost all EV's into HP and Special Defence this makes it able to take a lot of damage from special hits and even if a physical move hits it, its heavy base defence should normally withstand it and the Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs combination means that 7/24 of the HP is taken off. Also in the rain, fires power is halved.
    454.png

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
    Dry Skin
    Adamant

252 HP, 128 Defence, 128 Special Defence
    • Protect
    • Drain Punch
    • Poison Jab
    • Payback
    With the dry skin ability it gains 3/16 of its HP every turn, which combined with Protect means that it can recover 3/8 of its HP without taking a hit. The Drain Punch adds to the HP recovered and so also a powerful, reliable STAB move with good type coverage. The Poison Jab is a stron STAB move also, with Payback dealing serious damage to Psychic types, who it has a four times weakness against.

I need two more pokemon, preferably at least one swift swim sweeper, can anyone offer any viable suggestions

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just so you know, Swift Swim and Drizzle are banned on the same team. Its either one or the other.

Double Team is also banned is competitive play.

Ferrothorn wants an entry hazard, preferably Stealth Rock over Toxic as you lack it currently and it ensures many KO's. Spikes are also an option over Gyro Ball and likewise Thunderwave over Leech Seed. Stealth Rock is the most important however. Sassy is also better than Careful to power up Gyro Ball (make sure you have 0 speed Ivs too). Rocky Helmet is a gimmick and i really wish people would stop using this. Ferrothorn wants Leftovers always or its durability is drastically cut short.

As for Politoed;

Politoed @ Chesto Berry
    EVs 252 HP / 186 Def / 72 spDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, - Atk)
    Trait : Drizzle
    - Scald
    - Hypnosis
    - Rest
    - Perish Song

This is my favourite Politoed set at the moment. Scald and Hypnosis are there to cripple many things that stop him. Rest lets you heal and thus maintain your weather. Perish Song is nice to phaze things like BS SmashPassing teams which you currently have no defense against.

Toxicroak;

Toxicroak @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Evs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Trait : Dry Skin
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch / Ice Punch / Stone Edge / Payback

This set lets you play defensively with Toxicroak. Bulk Up is awesome in the rain as it lets you heal and tank over many things. Drain Punch is for further healing and STAB. Substitute protects you from status and the like. The last slot is up to you. Sucker Punch is nice thanks to its priority and works nicely with Sub as that forces them to attack you basically. Ice Punch hits Gliscor, Stone Edge hits Gyarados and Payback is the most powerful option vs ghosts and psychics but is otherwise outclassed.

For your last few slots you should abuse things which benefit from the weather; Starmie, Tornados, Thundurus, Rotom-W, Virizion, Azumarril, Scizor are all fantastic choices. There are many more but its up to what you want those last few slots to do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    I agree with Dark Azelf on Scalding Politoed. You'll take out a lot of physical attackers with the surprise burn. A Politoed I ran for a bit looked like this:

Politoed @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/200SpA/56Spe
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Drizzle
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Haze
    -Encore

It's such a random setup, but bear with me. A lot of people will try to be clever and send out a Thunder spammer against Drizzle Teams, seeing Politoed in the front (and a reliable Azumaril or other ready in the wings). Usually, this is Zapdos or Dragonite, and those both try to be clever and predict that you'll switch immediately. Stay in and Ice Beam. 90% of the time, I was picking off those threats immediately because they chose a move they thought would hit a ground Pokemon (so have one of those to distract-Usually something that screams "I'm a Ground Pokemon!" is best). With Politoed's bulk, you'll easily survive all but STAB Electric or Grass. Encore is great for leads that try to be tricky (Politoed benefits from Choice Scarf and Choice Specs, two of Trick's favorite swaps) or set up, and Haze is for emergencies, but you can easily choose another move as you gain comfort with the build.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    thanks, so can someone else recommend a sweeper, preferably a physical one

Back