• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Caption Contest - February

Winner?

• [title="Gengar: 'I've been watching you from afar for a while, and...' Mareep: 'Oooh, thanks! Om nom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [title="It was not love, but rather Gengar performing an experiment after discovered he developed a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pokémon General Caption Contest

Welcome to the special Valentine's installation of the Caption Contest!

Time Period

The caption period will run from when this is posted until 12:00 AM February 15th. This gives you two whole weeks to enter your caption for the image! The voting will run the rest of the month, or until 12:00 AM March 1st. Afterwards the winner will be announced and awarded a nice shiny emblem!

Voting Rules

1. Don't vote for your own entry!
    2. You may vote for up to 3 people.

Get to Captioning!

This image was created by pettyartist on DeviantArt, be sure to check out her other work if you like this one! And now, without further ado...go!

Spoiler:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Gengar's just a sheep in wolf's clothing!

you know from the wolf in sheep's clothing phrase?!?!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Looks like love is just a shadow's depth away...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Narrator: And thus Gengar felt the awkward moment when you confessed your feelings for the girl you loved all your life, and all she did is eat the flowers, and smell the chocolates.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Mareep: OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Seriously, that's the best I can come up with now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gengar: So... after you eat the flowers I so kindly hand picked for you, my darling Mareep, we'll go make some sparks. However, we must wait until you evolve so we can thunderbolt through your glorious paddock, since you're underlevelled right now. ;)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It was not love, but rather Gengar performing an experiment after discovered he developed a rash from the flowers he held.

Alternate: Gengar knew that the way to a lady's heart was not through fancy words or midnight strolls, but through one's stomach.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's just one thing Gengar didn't know: Mareep wasn't female.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Gengar: Hey there, Mareep. Uhmm... Well... Will you be my valentine?

Mareep: Ohmigosh! How did you know daisies were my favorite? :D OM NOM NOM NOMMY NOM NOM

And that's what happened.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay, the extenuating circumstances has been worked out, so the winner for this round is Maruno! Congratulations!

Back