• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen (Possibly) unused legendary overworld sprites in FRLG?

Kianna

blip blip
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    (Possibly) unused legendary overworld sprites in RSE/FRLG?

Whenever I go through the ROM and look at the sprites, I can't remember index numbers 134, 135, 136, 137 and 140, Mew, Entei, Raikou, Suicune and Celebi sprites respectively, ever being used in the game. Has anybody else seen these? Are they dolls in Lorelei's house/somewhere else?

EDIT: Posted a picture, it's a lot more interesting that way. :P (see below)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know that Mew can be found on Faraway Island through an event (Emerald only) and you see this sprite. I don't recall any of the other ones being in-game, however.

shawn0173

Pokemon: Metallic Flames!
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    i havent seen them as dolls either and i havent seen them as sprtes in the wild to battle either, maybe there is a secret location that noone knows about that has them lol eh probably not

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • They are just unused sprites,like the route 38/9,Saffron city and Team rocket music in ruby.
    They were propably intended to use in the game,but they weren't. That's why they have only one frame.

Kianna

blip blip
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    Got a picture of the sprites. :) I think they were in there just in case they needed them.

sprites.jpg

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are unused in FR/LG, but right now, I'm thinking about the Mew sprite. I do know that the Faraway Island event is in Emerald, so I have a feeling it might have been planned for those 2 games once. I don't really remember if I did see that exact sprite, though because it was years since I hacked my way into that event and I don't really feel like getting a rom and checking.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I think they might have planned to use the Legendary Beasts' sprites for capturing them since you can catch them in the wild but I guess they just decided to throw them into the wild after you finished the Sevii Islands' quests without you knowing and hoped you would have randomly encountered them.

Back