• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube aspirations?

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
  • So, in March I was looking at these YouTubers, and noticing that I want to have a life making and filming things I love, and also create friends while I'm at it, so I just out of pure happiness, started a channel.

It's how they show their opinions of things and people, that really grips me, and I just want to show other people what I think, on a global scale, to have a voice.

Who else has had aspirations about making videos on YouTube, and why?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm also impressed of the vast majority of the youtubers out there who are letting their voices out and be heard all around the internet!

I also have that inspiration (or aspiration for that matter xD) but I'm only lacking one thing: a pretty good webcam...and maybe a room makeover but that wouldn't matter. I have a lot of opinions I'd like to show off, as well as to review, but I can only do those in writing. The one thing I'm afraid of is the community itself. Like... I might say something and trolls will come crawling in and try to destroy me or something. But hey, it's possible that that I'll end up doing video blogs someday!

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • I'm also impressed of the vast majority of the youtubers out there who are letting their voices out and be heard all around the internet!

I also have that inspiration (or aspiration for that matter xD) but I'm only lacking one thing: a pretty good webcam...and maybe a room makeover but that wouldn't matter. I have a lot of opinions I'd like to show off, as well as to review, but I can only do those in writing. The one thing I'm afraid of is the community itself. Like... I might say something and trolls will come crawling in and try to destroy me or something. But hey, it's possible that that I'll end up doing video blogs someday!

Yes, the usual problem is getting the equipment needed to actually start a YouTube channel, but when it starts, it's actually a rewarding experience. The simplicity also makes it great, all you need is a webcam/camera and a voice, and you're ready to rumble.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • That's really awesome that you guys want to pursue a career with YouTube! I watch a lot of daily vloggers and those who post weekly videos, and I must say these people do not get the credit they deserve (at least not in the comments section of their videos). With daily vlogging specifically, it's super time-consuming, and you sorta have to force yourself to make your life as interesting and entertaining as possible to satisfy your viewers. It's difficult. Definitely not something I'd be interested in, more so because I have a boring life, and regardless, I don't really want to publicize my life to anyone anyways. I'll admit, though, that watching the lives of others is extremely amusing, and I've replaced cable television with YouTube lol. Even if you don't daily vlog and just post weekly or monthly videos or whatever, it still takes quite a while to perfect your video. You need the lights, the decent camera, the background, a preferably good computer with some nice editing software, and most importantly.. time.. I really envy some YouTubers.. I know it takes a while to start up on YouTube, but once you're at a decent number of subscribers, you're pretty much on a sailing ship. People who have made careers out of YouTube seem to be living really fun lives, and hey.. they're making money out of something they enjoy. I say go for it and see how it goes! :) Good luck with your endeavors!

Years
  • I wish I could pursue a career in making videos, but I just don't feel the motivation to do so, even if that means that I only have a webcam and a microphone. But I am also not that photogenic of a person and I do not like embarrassing myself and I am not open to comments on how I look by others. However, I am also a very opinionated person so if that meant making vlogs, I could just wind up rambling on about nothing.

Years
  • I've considered it, and been told I should, but I don't have the motivation, or the time, and I'm not sure how interesting I actually am haha

Back