• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inactive forums and forum pleads.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
I'm considering removing or condensing and merging some forums. Any forum with less than 100,000 posts sets a poor example and impression on new members interested in joining active sections. We have a steady join rate, but the amount of people who stay aren't very high when you compare the numbers. It's obvious that the post count in forums don't satisfy the new members, so that's why I'm planning to do this.

Since people didn't take too kindly to my mod reviews (which are still in progress, I'm nearly done. I just need a few more things and then I'll post the results for all of you to see.), anyone with a forum less active than 100,000 posts should plead your case here.

Years
...you do know that includes Black and White, right?

Like, I am totally for getting rid of some of the crappy sections like Game Dev (Yessssssss) and the older gaming forums and TCG, but can you really get away with getting rid of B&W?

In other news, TAKE THAT *****ES OVP IS SAFE 8D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Like, I am totally for getting rid of some of the crappy sections like Game Dev (Yessssssss) and the older gaming forums and TCG, but can you really get away with getting rid of B&W?
Yeah, yeah. Yet my inclusion to game dev will make me millions some day. Other Voting Polls inclusion won't get you a job anywhere ever.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
The Black and White forum is exempt being the current up-to-date generation forum. Both Forever and Kaori, aside from their lack of partnership skills (which is going to contribute to my re-examination of their performance as moderators), are safe for now.

Years
Yeah, yeah. Yet my inclusion to game dev will make me millions some day. Other Voting Polls inclusion won't get you a job anywhere ever.

1) I have a job, and I'll be able to keep a job, tyvm. Also, don't forget I am a writer! I have the potential to make millions, too.
2) I highly doubt your silly little games will ever make you money.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Honestly, I think we could probably do this for under 50k. Or even 75k and just let the threads from the extra forums fall into OC like they used to. But 100k is a bit high.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
These are important forums on PC, but I don't think we really need them. HQ and the lounge are completely unnecessary to me. After all, my opinion matters, and I have to make the final decision around here.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
If it were a joke, Lightning wouldn't have replied. If it were a joke, I wouldn't have posted this at all. Jokes have no place in this forum as far as I'm concerned. It's for serious discussion on forum matters, and that's all there is to it. If you disagree, that's fine, so be it. But that's what it's here for.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Quality over quantity should be the standard, not how many posts a section had. Does that mean all of the newer but active sections should go because they haven't been around long enough to attract a huge arbitrary number of posts? O_o

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Yes. The newer forums just attract stupid members here and I'd really rather not have that. Any good staff member wouldn't want that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Exactly which forums would this affect? I'm too lazy to check because I know both my forums have over 100k.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
OK, so with the 100k rule, we are getting rid of or condensing:

Announcements
Questions & Feedback
Staff Lounge
VIP Forum
Style Studio
Black & White
Competitive Battling Center
Pokemon Gaming Central
Challenges
Advance Generation Games
Metal and Color Generation Games
Spinoff Games
Pokemon Anime
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Fan Fiction and Writing
Game Development
Video Gaming
Computers & Technology
Japanese Entertainment
Culture & Media
Tabletop Games

That's 21 forums, some of which are incredibly important to the fabric of the community. And for what? So that the numbers look prettier?

That's ridiculous. You're ridiculous. But nothing the mods have to say seems to matter to you anyway, so I'm not really sure why you bothered to post this here at all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Down with all of 'em. Good for nothin' forums taking up space.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, support the removal of the section that's promoting literacy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... wow. That's a lot more than I thought. Not sure if I wanna say that's a sad thing or not.

Back