• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Diancie team

Sirfetch’d

So this is probably my 5th or 6th team around mega-Diancie and was going to post it for some advice. I'm pretty happy with the team synergy overall but my main problem lately has been stall. So some advice for countering it would be really helpful. Here is the team as it stands:

719_mega_diancie_shiny_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hkazb.gif

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

thundurus.gif

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

keldeo.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]

latias.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock

talonflame-3.gif

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Calm Mind Diancie should run all-special attacks. It doesn't really need Diamond Storm to function:
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Psyshock
-Earth Power
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Diancite

Diamond Storm should be used on mixed variants:
-Rock Polish
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power/Hidden Power (Fire)
Nature: Rash
EVs: 64 HP/16 Atk/252 SAtk/176 Spe

or
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Protect/Hidden Power (Fire)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 16 Atk/240 SAtk/252 Spe

What Gliscor does best is stall breaking with Toxic + Taunt or Swords Dance with a specially defensive spread. Physically defensive spreads could still be used, though. 56 Speed EVs let Gliscor outspeed neutral Speed base 70s:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Knock Off/Facade
-Roost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 244 HP/8 Def/200 SDef/56 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb

or
-Earthquake/Knock Off
-Taunt
-Toxic
-Roost
Nature: Careful
EVs: 244 HP/8 Def/200 SDef/56 Spe

or
-Earthquake/Knock Off
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Protect/Roost
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 Spe

Otherwise, Therian Landorus is a better Stealth Rock setter because of Intimidate utility and more offensive presence:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone Edge/Knock Off/Rock Slide
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/8 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

or
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-turn/Explosion
-Stone Edge/Knock Off
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spe
Item: Soft Sand/Earth Plate/Focus Sash

The point of a Choice Specs set is to hit as insanely hard as possible. Since Water and Fighting have good coverage together, Hydro Pump should be run alongside Scald: one for the power to muscle past targets, and another if Keldeo can't afford to miss or feel like you don't need Hydro Pump's extra power:
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Scald
-Icy Wind/Hidden Power (Bug/Electric)/Taunt
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb

Sirfetch’d

I've been using RP Diancie on past teams so I wanted to go CM this time. I just thought it would still benefit from some hard hitting STAB by keeping Diamond Storm. Might go ahead and change that up though to Psyshock.

As for Gliscor, I've never really used it so I was unsure of what set to use. I'll probably end up changing to one of the Knock Off variants.

Thanks for the advice!

Might change out Keldeo altogether. Haven't completely decided.

Anti

return of the king
Years
i wouldn't remove diamond storm on diancie or else this team gets bodied by talonflame. i would increase the speed evs to max though, as you don't want to be forfeiting momentum to keldeo and your match-up with gengar is terrible so speed-tying it to hammer it with diamond storm would be appreciated.

not sure i'm feeling the stall weak as you really have a lot of weapons to break down defensive cores, though you are pretty megasaur (and to a lesser degree, amoonguss) weak, especially if it's paired with heatran. i think running the physically offensive spread on diancie might help with this problem, as a max atk diamond storm levels amoonguss (45%-53%) and offensive megasaur (ditto) while doing 33%-39% to the bold defensive megasaur, which puts it in 2hko range with a scald burn and stealth rock. it also helps with tentacruel, who is actually a somewhat annoying match-up for you, and ditto for cm clefable. that would also free up cm for protect or rp. celebi is tough to crack too so you'll have to play the hp bug perfectly and reveal it at the right time or try to nock it off with thund so diancie can get it into 2hko range easily.

another option would be to just run cm psyshock on the diancie and toss a landorus-t over gliscor, as it can kill sd talon with stone edge while the ones that are flying mono attackers can be handled by thundurus. i like this option less as i think calm mind diancie is a less consistent set than the all-out attacker, though i would consider landorus-t regardless.

run hydro pump over icy wind or hp bug on the keld, probably over hp bug actually since you really don't want to cede games to mega altaria. this will also help with your stall match-up and mega venusaur in particular once you burn it. also, don't forget the 0 atk iv.

some commentary on the team-building decisions would be nice.

Sirfetch’d

i wouldn't remove diamond storm on diancie or else this team gets bodied by talonflame. i would increase the speed evs to max though, as you don't want to be forfeiting momentum to keldeo and your match-up with gengar is terrible so speed-tying it to hammer it with diamond storm would be appreciated.

not sure i'm feeling the stall weak as you really have a lot of weapons to break down defensive cores, though you are pretty megasaur (and to a lesser degree, amoonguss) weak, especially if it's paired with heatran. i think running the physically offensive spread on diancie might help with this problem, as a max atk diamond storm levels amoonguss (45%-53%) and offensive megasaur (ditto) while doing 33%-39% to the bold defensive megasaur, which puts it in 2hko range with a scald burn and stealth rock. it also helps with tentacruel, who is actually a somewhat annoying match-up for you, and ditto for cm clefable. that would also free up cm for protect or rp. celebi is tough to crack too so you'll have to play the hp bug perfectly and reveal it at the right time or try to nock it off with thund so diancie can get it into 2hko range easily.

another option would be to just run cm psyshock on the diancie and toss a landorus-t over gliscor, as it can kill sd talon with stone edge while the ones that are flying mono attackers can be handled by thundurus. i like this option less as i think calm mind diancie is a less consistent set than the all-out attacker, though i would consider landorus-t regardless.

run hydro pump over icy wind or hp bug on the keld, probably over hp bug actually since you really don't want to cede games to mega altaria. this will also help with your stall match-up and mega venusaur in particular once you burn it. also, don't forget the 0 atk iv.

some commentary on the team-building decisions would be nice.

thanks for the advice anti! I'll update this later with some changes and some reasoning behind choosing each Poke. This was just something I typed up really fast because I was out of time/too tired to go into detail. I did decide to change out Glisc for Lando though as I felt it was just overall better, the intimidate switch in has shown to help me a lot in the past.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
thanks for the advice anti! I'll update this later with some changes and some reasoning behind choosing each Poke. This was just something I typed up really fast because I was out of time/too tired to go into detail. I did decide to change out Glisc for Lando though as I felt it was just overall better, the intimidate switch in has shown to help me a lot in the past.
If you want to use Diamond Storm on Mega Diancie, I wouldn't recommend using Calm Mind alongside it. Not only does it force Mega Diancie to run a Naive nature (which hampers the +1 Special Defense boost somewhat), but as a physical move, it takes up a moveslot that would have gone to a special move that would've been boosted by Calm Mind. All-out attacking Diancie or Rock Polish Diancie make the best use out of Diamond Storm, since they can afford to go mixed.

Back