• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extra advice on new story

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ok,so it failed at Serebiiforums,im gonna need advice on it to improve it.The title is "Toon Intersection, Pokemon style.The Reality of Disney"

Spoiler preview(no forum edits,fresly cut/pasted from file):
Spoiler:

Microsoft Word Preview:

Attachments

• Toon Intersection,Pokemon Style,The reality of disney.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
Years
If you could put the Story Preview in spoiler tags, that would be greatly appreciated since I can't open Microsoft Word files.

Why did it fail at SPPF, there are tons of helpful and good authors there and ther's a fanfiction talk thread there and a Writer's Lounge. Is anyone helping you there?

I'll post more once I can actually read the preview.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
edited.though the MW preview looks better

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
Years
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=193665 Found your thread and it looks like you quit from SPPF cause you got some critisizim and couldn't take it, so you left so you wouldn't have to face truthful posts.

You wanna go improve, then go read the Fanfiction Guide's in the Writer's Lounge. Understand how to actually write a fic instead of rushing this load of blah, description, background into the discussions on the creation of Toon Intersection, actual spacing out between paragraphs.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Are you going to quit everytime that someone gives you some advice? Ignoring the first post on your thread, because that didn't actually give you advice, the second one did. She told you that it takes more than just ten minutes to write out a chapter.

It's true.

Chapters aren't really only a few paragraphs long. Your's are too short to really get anything across in terms of story, characters, or anything. You need more in these chapters. Show us the settings that the characters are in. Don't just say: "Bugs was in his hole in the ground". Show us the dirt hole in the ground. Is it dark, lighted, small, big, etc? Describe the settings and the characters. Sure, I have a mouse pad of Bugs Bunny, but what if there is the exceptionally rare case that someone doesn't know Bugs? What are they supposed to picture?

Also, your characters are out of character from what we know. Mickey Mouse isn't an evil dictator. He's just a cute mouse, everyone's friend and brings out the good in people.

And yes, there are Fanfiction rules. Every forum has them, at least the ones that I have been on, which is a lot. You need to read them and follow them. The ones on SPPf say to not post more than one chapter per post. Why? Because your chapters are supposed to be long, three pages at least. If you need to fit two in one post to create the illusion that they are long, then there is a problem.

Don't skimp out on writing. Take your time with it. No one is going to sue you if you don't post your chapters quickly. In fact, they will appreciate it, because it is a quality story.

Hope that helps.

Back