• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More subcultural fashion Pokemon in the future?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I remember falling in love with Gothorita's evolution line, when they first appeared; being a fan of Gothic Lolita fashion, which it was clearly inspired by. And, to my knowledge, there don't seem to be any other pokemon that are based off of fashion; at least none as obvious as Gothorita. I could be wrong.
    edit: actually, Scraggy seems to be based off the hip-hop/ punk subculture and their fashion trends

So my question to you guys- if Pokemon were to continue making Pokemon that are based off of subcultural fashion trends, what would you want to see? A visual-kei Pokemon is high on my wishlist .

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Gardveoir could be said to be the preppy subculture representative. Smeargle is certainly the artsy culture's rep. Honchkrow is Jazz or pimp, 100% certain of that one. Mismagius is the new-pagan culture.

I think the three starters for X and Y are all representative of the anime subculture, but that's a bit of a stretch.

If we put our heads together I am sure we could find others as well. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Gardveoir could be said to be the preppy subculture representative. Smeargle is certainly the artsy culture's rep. Honchkrow is Jazz or pimp, 100% certain of that one. Mismagius is the new-pagan culture.

I think the three starters for X and Y are all representative of the anime subculture, but that's a bit of a stretch.

If we put our heads together I am sure we could find others as well. :P
    I didn't include the ones you listed, because while they are based off of subculture, they're not necessarily a fashion subculture, like the Gothorita and Scraggy line. They're more along the lines of music and art religious subculture (I actually had no idea Mismagius was based off that).

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    An army-themed pokemon.. Star wars-themed pokemon.. Mediaval-themed pokemon.. and more dragons or a new type :)

that is fashion for me :)

Back