• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon novice

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Hi, I'm new on here. We didn't have gameboys or anything when I was younger so at the age of 18 I am finally filling in that huge gap in my life and have started playing pokemon :) I've started on Fire Red, using an emulator.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Good for you, I haven't played Pokemon Fire Red yet, but I started playing Emerald. Well, welcome to the community, and I hope you have lots of fun!

Years
  • YAY new Pokefans. :D That's awesome, you're never too late to start playing. Oh, and welcome to PC Jess!

FireRed is awesome. Good game to start with. My recommendation would be to play the games in order of generation, personally. Older games like Red/Blue and Gold/Silver have since gotten remakes though (FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver) so some might argue that the older games aren't worth it to play anymore, but I don't think that's true. The older games had this distinct charm to them and hooked a lot of people when they were released, so it's always fun to play them to see what exactly those games were that everyone was so into back then. As for newer games, I definitely recommend Platinum and Black/White (plus Black 2 & White 2), too! Hope you have a blast playing and make sure to stop by our Pokemon game discussion sections to chat about them if you like. n~n

Have a great time! If you ever need help, you can ask our members here in the appropriate Quick/Simple Questions threads. So for example, if you need help with FireRed, you'd hop on over to the Advance Generation Gaming section and make a post in the Simple Questions thread at the top. We'd love to help out.

Great meeting you and make sure to read the rules, yes? Other than that, see you around!

Years
  • Hello Jess, and welcome!

We're all Pokefans or at least we are, because we are called the PokeCommunity for a reason! You started playing in the 3rd Generation like I did, although I started with Ruby rather than FireRed lol. I've been a fan since the 1st Generation though, and I remember first watching the anime. I've played all of 4th and 5th Generation but I love 5th Generation the best, because of my fave Pokemon.

You should get around to playing Platinum sometime because it was much better than Diamond & Pearl, and the 5th Generation games are also a must-play, especially Black/White and Black 2/White 2. They were such great games! Cirno has probably directed you to the Advance Generation Gaming section, but feel free to check out some of the other sections too!

I hope you stick around as an active member here, and feel free to ask me or a moderator if you need anything!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Back