• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machamp

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
  • Machamp....

Hmmm...

Well, if it'll practice in a gym, surely the gym materials will be destroyed! :)

In our world, Machamp's awesomely uber...

But in the Pokemon World, Machamp's an ordinary Machamp who likes to throw punches with his trainer... Doncha know??? :)

P.S. Haiiiaaa!!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Fun.

Applying scientific logic to a world where there are living pieces of metal is very fun.

And that was really nice to know.

And that was only half-sarcastic, I'm serious.

But, it's not meant to make sense. Since when can a turtle create water out of the blue?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Wow.... XD; Very nice work there. But honestly, I don't think it's supposed to be taken literally, just taken as incredibly strong/fast. Besides, it's the Pokémon world, anything can happen :B

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Its kinda nice of telling us this... but... its only a game.
    Everything doesn't have to be related to real life.
    Still, quite interesting :)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    @ Ver. Blaze- Actually (as far as I know), the Japanese are supposed to be among the top nations when it comes to things mathematical. Of course one should never make assumptions regardless...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • When pulling its arms back, it shifts direction which means that a certain amount of g-force is applied to those arms. Considering the magnitude of this directional difference, the amount of time taken to correct it is negligible. Therefore, one can conclude that Machamp's punches have a general acceleration of 250m/s2. To calculate the g-force, we divide by the the gravitational acceleration of Earth, 9.80665m/s2. When Machamp fires or retracts a punch, (s)he feels 25.49G of force.

Now humans can endure this type of force on our muscles due to the soft tissue in our bodies: they absorb some of the force elastically and distribute it over time. Machamp is a completely different story, as its arms aren't soft, they're "rugged", i.e. hard, durable, etc. Humans can endure a constant 15G of pressure on body tissues, and individual instances of <30G force without suffering damage. But our friend Machamp can't. Without the luxury of soft tissue to deform and absorb the force, Machamp's arms should literally explode whenever it launches these rapid-fire punches it is apparently so well known for.

I figured it out :3

1, Like Gymno said, "rugged" simply mean rough and tough, not completely rock-hard.

2, You went by the gravitational acceleration of EARTH. God knows where in the universe the Poke-world is meant to be. It could even be a different universe, which could have a completely different set of rules of physics.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I enjoyed this. I agree that if it was put in the Pokedex, some serious research must be done. And how would they measure the speed of his punches anyway? That would take one serious high-speed camera.

I figured it out :3

1, Like Gymno said, "rugged" simply mean rough and tough, not completely rock-hard.

2, You went by the gravitational acceleration of EARTH. God knows where in the universe the Poke-world is meant to be. It could even be a different universe, which could have a completely different set of rules of physics.

I was thinking that too, but they have called the place "Earth", I believe, in the Deoxys movie. And there is that guy in D/P wo knows a lot of languages from this planet (I think he upgraded the pokedex to read in different languages but I'm not sure).

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I was thinking that too, but they have called the place "Earth", I believe, in the Deoxys movie. And there is that guy in D/P wo knows a lot of languages from this planet (I think he upgraded the pokedex to read in different languages but I'm not sure).

It might not be the same universe though. It could be a parallel universe where everything is exactly the same...except that the earth's gravitational acceleration is different :D

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • What I'm wondering is:
    How strong is Machamp compared to the
    Hulk?
    & had anyone noticed it's face is
    similar to King Dedede's?

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Omy. I came into this thread, thinking that someone would be
    insulting Machamp's "power belt" or his tights or his duck-face or whatever,
    but I get science shoved down my throat.

Well yeah, this is why people play pokemon. So the unreal can become
    real. Like honestly, this is from the same people who say:

Spoiler:

You're lucky my pokedex is barely completed.

Back