• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What art?

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Hey guys, it's Jason! I haven't been on here.. at all, lately. So I want to make it up to you all by showing you some artwork I have created after the leave.

The thread will be updated soon, with old artworks making it look better.

Things with spoiler tags in it, means "if you're not mature enough to handle gay material, don't click on it!"

Here's some characters from my favorite game.. I may make more, may not.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sherrian Harusawa
Sherrian.png

(Gah.... I just noticed where I made my mistakes!)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Your drawings have a lot of detail in them, which I like.

But the pink person.. I'm not sure whether that's a girl or a boy, no offense.. XD;

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
good amount of detail and shading. but i noticed with your humans that their a bit... bulky? xD. not as if they're fat, they're just wider than they should be. also, at the girl, she has a more... erm... masculine figure that needs to be fixed. generally if you're a guy drawing a girl, it's hard to get the anatomy of a girl down. don't be afraid to look at references online if you're confused. just make sure you're not tracing anything. :3 it also helps if you get a mannequin for human anatomy.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Lol thanks everyone for your feedback!

Unfortunately that pink person's a girl, I can't draw girls not masculine for some reason o_o;; Lol

I used to be able to draw females like anime characters look like. I seriously don't get what happened... lol, I should look at references, you're right, I think the reason I stopped drawing girls like I used to is because I want them to look more real. However, I got the opposite effect lol. I should really look at references. I need a manniquin too. :<

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
A good place to get references is posemaniacs.com (or posemaniac.com or something like that, I don't remember the exact name) but it'll show you the human body with muscles so you can learn structure as well as make it realistic. What's also cool about it is that you can rotate the poses all like 360 degrees in 3D space so it's really useful to help you understand form <3

Your stuff is pretty cool! I would just say to work on line of action, proportions, and just keep drawing! You have a really nice style!

Years
You're definitely super talented! :3 So far, the main things I'd recommend are working on your outlines (perhaps tapering them, where the line gets thinner where it comes to an end? makes outlines look much cleaner) and, as suggested, proportions. I love your vibrant colors and my favorite of your images is definitely the second (from the left) picture of Ray (?) in the image with Ray and Marshall.

Back