• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the whole of pokemon :O

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2013
    Well how to explain is, I only recently after years of not really diving into the whole thing with pokemon, i thought i'd give it a blast, spent a while always looking at pokemon but never kinda...getting it? i was kinda more when younger a hardcore digimon kid even maybe competitive but competitiveness is kinda eh when it comes to it, both are awesome. to say Ever since i tasted some pokemon i've wanted a bit more of it, I love the art style of it from the pokemons themselves in the game and in the anime, they look so...delicious to say too? :D

but at the current moment i am effectively a noob that probably knows nothing, Only just started out playing the game/games (however you want to put it) Have my totodile at level 14 now just getting to grips with the game too (It's pokemon silver on a gameboy advance emu)

but yeah to say hey :D, i guess i shall...make my first steps then into the poke-iverse XD

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hello there and welcome to PC!
    It's always nice to see new people get interested in Pokemon, so I'm really glad you found us!
    And don't worry, we all started out as Newbies at some point, but you'll learn your way around Pokemon fast enough, I'm sure of it ;) There is a bunch of boards with different topics all across the forum, so just feel free to explore and dive into the Pokemon World ^^
    If you need anything, there is a Quick Questions thread in almost every board, so just post your questions there and you won't have to wait long for help (: And i agree, pokemon have a really cool art style and i love they all look :D
    People around here are very friendly and love to chat, so don't be afrad to talk to people, even if you are new ;)
    If you need anything, you can also just message me, and I'll try to help out as much as i can

Anyway, i hope you have fan and learn to love Pokemon as much as we do! :D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2013
    Hello there and welcome to PC!
    It's always nice to see new people get interested in Pokemon, so I'm really glad you found us!
    And don't worry, we all started out as Newbies at some point, but you'll learn your way around Pokemon fast enough, I'm sure of it ;) There is a bunch of boards with different topics all across the forum, so just feel free to explore and dive into the Pokemon World ^^
    If you need anything, there is a Quick Questions thread in almost every board, so just post your questions there and you won't have to wait long for help (: And i agree, pokemon have a really cool art style and i love they all look :D
    People around here are very friendly and love to chat, so don't be afrad to talk to people, even if you are new ;)
    If you need anything, you can also just message me, and I'll try to help out as much as i can

Anyway, i hope you have fan and learn to love Pokemon as much as we do! :D

ooh yeah :D, i think too that helps with the design is the vibrancy of the colours pokemon uses though you could use different colours to variation with them, the vibrancy does suit really well with it too, and of course :D..gotta start from..somewhere you know :D, though i do ask since i've been mulling over it for a while, My level 14 totodile is like my only pokemon and i've been kinda mulling over catching a wild pokemon at the current stage to like..have something spare incase of misfortune for my poor totodile, or perhaps wait a bit longer?, usually the wild pokemon are ranging from occasional level 2's which i can one shot scratch kill, to level 4-5ers, should i pick up one of em like...now? :D

but totally up for learning more bout pokemon cause like...as said it's always been something i stared at and never dove into, and the whole poke-iverse seems bloody massive so...a lot to...dig into :D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • My level 14 totodile is like my only pokemon and i've been kinda mulling over catching a wild pokemon at the current stage to like..have something spare incase of misfortune for my poor totodile, or perhaps wait a bit longer?, usually the wild pokemon are ranging from occasional level 2's which i can one shot scratch kill, to level 4-5ers, should i pick up one of em like...now? :D

but totally up for learning more bout pokemon cause like...as said it's always been something i stared at and never dove into, and the whole poke-iverse seems bloody massive so...a lot to...dig into :D

Well, running around with just one pokemon is never really a good idea. As you may know, pokemon have different types, and if your totodile encounters a water or worse a grass team, he won't be able to do much, so you should try to have a balanced team. And yes, most wild pokemon in the begging have very low levels, but i highly recommend you catch at least 2 or 3 and train them by battling trainers or other wild pokemon. it will take a while, but your team will become a lot better :D

I'm glad you finally gave pokemon a chance, i know it seems like a lot at the beginning, but with time and practice you'll soon be an expert yourself, trust me :D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2013
    Well, running around with just one pokemon is never really a good idea. As you may know, pokemon have different types, and if your totodile encounters a water or worse a grass team, he won't be able to do much, so you should try to have a balanced team. And yes, most wild pokemon in the begging have very low levels, but i highly recommend you catch at least 2 or 3 and train them by battling trainers or other wild pokemon. it will take a while, but your team will become a lot better :D

I'm glad you finally gave pokemon a chance, i know it seems like a lot at the beginning, but with time and practice you'll soon be an expert yourself, trust me :D

Woop :D okay, Think i may start it up and try catch a good one like, XD grass fishing but i guess it's kinda fun to gather collections and just have a little small army afterall nice thing bout pokemon as it's something you can do for hours on end without it being too resourceful compared to other games i play yo :D and then sure

^^ oh yeah :D i'm excited atm now

Back