• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the game has changed?

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
Truth be told, the last pokemon game I played was Ruby/Emerald. I have played Diamon/Pearl whatsoever. That said, my fiancé is getting me a DS for Christmas, along with pokemon black 2.

My question is, how has the game changed since the SP versions of it? I know I missed an entire region (Sinnoh). But it seems, reading through here lately, is the game has changed quite a bit. What are things I should look for while playing?

Sirfetch’d

Well Gen 4. was sort of a disappointment, IMO. It introduced only a handful of new pokemon and added evos to some of the less useful older ones such as Rhydon, Yanma, Gligar, and Togetic. The game itself was fun, but was nothing compared to RSE. Gen 4 also introduced remakes of the classic GSC series. They are titled Heartgold and Soulsilver, and have many of the features of Crystal. They are a must play for all fans of pokemon. They are the best games to me. They have a new feature called the follow-me feature where the first pokemon in your party follows you around like in Yellow. Some other new features of Generation 4 can be found here for Diamond and Pearl, here for Platinum, and here for HG and SS.

Generation 5 is also something that you definetly need to play after you finish generation 4. Black and White take a whole new approach at the way the games are played. The storyline is amazing and there are a TON of new Pokemon introduced that are all amazing. One of the best parts about Black and White is that it gives you the new game feel. You aren't bombarded with endless Pidgeys and Zigzagoons at the start, but instead the game only has new Pokemon available for the original storyline. Dream World is probably the most popular feature of Gen. 5 allowing you to "friend" older Pokemon and bring them into your games. You can also transfer Pokemon from Gen. 4, but beware there is no way to send them back. You can read up on all of the information about Black and White here.

Also Generation 5 introduced sequels to Black and White for the first true Pokemon sequels ever. Make sure you play Black and White first to gain a better understanding about the sequels. Here is all of the info you need to know about them.

Also feel free to ask any questions about any of the games in the Sticky threads at the top of the forums. Have fun at your return to Pokemon and good luck!
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
What jellicentfan said.

Especially in regards to Gen 5. It's amazing the way they revamped the whole interfaces. The music is actually good too.

A little bit of dissapointments in the pokemon designs though, but you have fun anyways.

HGSS seemed bland and slow, like, made for little kids. That was how I found it.

Back