• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Tower and e-reader battles

Deranged

Secretly Popular
Years
I've recently had an e-reader imported for me, with, amongst other card sets, a pok?mon battle set (Hidden Ruins).

Upon trying it out I was a little disappointed to find that the battles were much like battle tower battles, i.e. no experience points gained, but unlike battle tower, no other prizes either.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any other benefits from these battles, if there is some sort of score card perhaps, to keep a tally of who you have defeated in a deck?

Or, is it possible you can gain EV's from battle tower/e-reader battles?

I of course accept that the battle experience gained from these are useful to get, especially as the trainers seem to be programmed with a higher AI, and have a better level of move sets etc.

Just curious.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I'm afraid it's pretty much just a link battle for people who have no one else to battle with. No EXP, EVs, items etc.

Deranged

Secretly Popular
Years
Kairi said:
I'm afraid it's pretty much just a link battle for people who have no one else to battle with. No EXP, EVs, items etc.

That's what I thought.

Pity.

Oh well.

Thanks though!
:D

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2003
Step-by-step for using e-reader

I'm having an impossible time getting the e-reader to work. Let me tell you what I've done and maybe someone can see where I've messed up.

e-reader plugged into 1 GBA.
Pokemon Sapphire in another GBA.
Link cable from top of e-reader to back of GBA with Sapphire in it.

I turn both on at the same time.
I select "Scan Card" on the e-reader GBA.
I scan the e-battle card.
I get the screen with "Battle Trainer" at the top.

On the Sapphire GBA, I press start.
I select "Mystery Events" and press A.
On the Sapphire GBA, I get "Link Standby... ... .. B Button: Cancel"

That's it; I get no further. I've tried rearranging the order I do these things, but still no luck. What step am I missing?

Deranged

Secretly Popular
Years
caelon said:
I'm having an impossible time getting the e-reader to work. Let me tell you what I've done and maybe someone can see where I've messed up.

e-reader plugged into 1 GBA.
Pokemon Sapphire in another GBA.
Link cable from top of e-reader to back of GBA with Sapphire in it.

I turn both on at the same time.
I select "Scan Card" on the e-reader GBA.
I scan the e-battle card.
I get the screen with "Battle Trainer" at the top.

On the Sapphire GBA, I press start.
I select "Mystery Events" and press A.
On the Sapphire GBA, I get "Link Standby... ... .. B Button: Cancel"

That's it; I get no further. I've tried rearranging the order I do these things, but still no luck. What step am I missing?

Are you putting the link cables (1P/2P) into the right machines?

Or

Are you using a GBA sp to plug the e-reader into?

If so, don't use the link cable socket in the e-reader, use the one in the GBA sp.

Hope that is of some help.

:)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2003
Deranged said:
Are you putting the link cables (1P/2P) into the right machines?

Or

Are you using a GBA sp to plug the e-reader into?

If so, don't use the link cable socket in the e-reader, use the one in the GBA sp.

Hope that is of some help.

:)

It was. I moved the cable to the SP instead of the e-reader and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Back