• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Spot Teams

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
What's yours? I'm still trying to figure out a good battle spot to climb the ranks and use some of the top 12 used pokemon and best. I've used a variety of pokemon but it's hard to find the perfect battle spot team, I always do single battles but what's yours?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I mostly do single battles too. It's hard to say what my team is, because I change it all the time, but I have 10 competitive Pokemon that tend to be used the most. At the moment my team is:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Bullet Punch
Quick Attack
U-turn
Brick Break

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Return
Quick Attack
Close Combat
Earthquake

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Grass Knot

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Will-O-Wisp
Protect
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch

Heatran @ Air Balloon (sometimes I use Assault Vest instead)
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Flash Cannon

Mandibuzz @ Yache Berry (sometimes I use Rocky Helmet instead)
Knock Off
Toxic
Taunt
Roost

In addition to these, I also have a Ditto, a Kingdra, a Garchomp and a Thundurus that I frequently use.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
There really is no PERFECT battle spot team. Getting a high rank is about 30% luck, 40% skill and 30% your team. Of course, I'm assuming you're only pulling from a bank of competent pokemon.

I am currently rank 58 in the U.S.A. I definitely feel luck has played a big roll (and my rank is still variable of course given its early in the season). I haven't lost much recently, and there was one battle in particular that I only won because my opponent's Overheat missed my Aegislash. All you can really do is make a balanced team and hope for the best matchups. There will always be some teams, even incredibly sucky gimmicky teams that just so happen to perfectly counter your team but would be completely irrelevant in any battle with almost anyone else. And of course, as that person will have a low rank, when you lose to them it will tear down your ranking and score.

Pokemon I use, though, are as follows.

Rotom-W, Greninja, Cloyster, Weezing, Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, Chansey, Aegislash and Nidoqueen.

My Talonflame has been a beast when it comes to putting non-Toxic Cresselia in her place and is my MVP, but I don't use a standard set for Talonflame either.

Last edited:

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
Actually there's such thing as a battle spot team to me, and winning depends on who you pick first to go out and the two others, plus predicting what the opponent will do. I've always wondered what the top ranked people use though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I have a lot of competitive Pokémon and teams. There's just so many fun ones to play with (I have almost 2 aqnd a half boxes of competitive pokes). I do singles 99% of the time, and one of my teams that sees a lot of use is this:

-Volcarona w/Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain

-Gastrodon w/Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 sp.Defense
Moves: Scald, Recover, Earthquake, Toxic

-Hydreigon w/Life Orb or Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse

-Mega Aggron w/Aggronite
Nature: Impish
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Attack
Moves: Iron Head, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Brick Break (though I have this as Roar on Showdown)

-Togekiss w/Leftovers or Sitrus Berry
Nature: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
Moves: Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Roost

-Excadrill w/Air Balloon
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Swords Dance, Rapid Spin

It's worked pretty well for me so far.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I've been playing Battle Spot doubles since XYs release and I've peaked at 9th place. Special Battles, which follow VGCs Doubles format is tougher - a lot of players in the bracket are skilled. Anyways, heres my team:

Timid Manectric @ Manectite
Lightning Rod -> Intimidate
-Volt Switch
-Overheat
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Protect

Careful Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
-Fake Out

Modest Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
-Shadow Ball
-Heat Wave
-Energy Ball
-Psychic

Modest Rotom @ Safety Goggles
Levitate
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump

Careful Super-Size Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Frisk
-Will-o-wisp
-Leech Seed
-Phantom Force
-Protect

Adamant Talonflame @ Charti Berry
Gale Wings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Quick Guard

My strategy usually consists of rotating Manectric and Scrafty to keep up Intimidate/Fake Out pressure while I create positions for me to get KOs in. I tend to lead with Manectric, but he normally doesnt get KOs until late-game unless I'm in a position to predict a swap between Garchomp/Mawile and KO with HP Ice/ Overheat respectively - which happens often actually.

Between 2 Intimidates, physical attackers are hardly a threat and Gourgeist can stall any of them out. With Phantom Force and Protect, Gourgeist only takes damage every 3rd turn which means lots of lefties/seed recovery and burn damage. To combat special attackers, I rotate my core of Rotom/Gourgeist/Chandelure/Scrafty all of whom handle each others weaknesses very well. Talonflame is on the team for the sole reason of trolling Pranksters and KOing MegaVenusaur pretty much - although with a Charti Berry I can survive Rock Slides easily and get surprises KOs.

Years
I'm new to competitive battling and I'm really struggling to build a team, every time I try out some new pokemon I get destroyed and when I win my Mega Lucario is taking out at least two opposition pokemon. Can anyone recommend some pokemon to go with my Lucario?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm new to competitive battling and I'm really struggling to build a team, every time I try out some new pokemon I get destroyed and when I win my Mega Lucario is taking out at least two opposition pokemon. Can anyone recommend some pokemon to go with my Lucario?

Salamence, Dragonite, and Hydreigon pair well with Lucario, since they resist all of Lucario's weaknesses, and appreciate Lucario's ability to fight off Fairies and Ice types:

-Salamence w/Life Orb
Nature: Naive/Hasty
Ability: Initimidate or Moxie
EVs: 64 Attack, 192 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Earthquake

or

-Salamence w/Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Attack
Moves: Dragon Dance, Earhquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast/Steel Wing

-Dragonite w/Weakness Policy
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Abiltiy: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch/Earthquake, Extreme Speed

-Hydreigon w/Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Hasty
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Focus Blast/Flash Cannon

Bulky water types are helpful too. Maybe make a team help thread?

Years
Salamence, Dragonite, and Hydreigon pair well with Lucario, since they resist all of Lucario's weaknesses, and appreciate Lucario's ability to fight off Fairies and Ice types:

-Salamence w/Life Orb
EVs: 64 Attack, 192 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Earthquake

or

-Salamence w/Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Attack
Moves: Dragon Dance, Earhquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast/Steel Wing

-Dragonite w/Weakness Policy
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Abiltiy: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch/Earthquake, Extreme Speed

-Hydreigon w/Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Hasty
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Focus Blast/Flash Cannon

Bulky water types are helpful too. Maybe make a team help thread?

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to make a thread now.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
You need to dedicate one spot to counter mega kangaskhan's OP godliness.

I usually bring Rhyperior for that. Solid rock, Jolly, 5 ivs, max speed max attack evs, rock polish and weakness policy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Dusknoir @ Leftovers
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Fire Punch
~ Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

Blastoise @ Blastoisite
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Dark Pulse
~ Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Life Orb
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Swords Dance
~ Flare Blitz

Espeon @ Light Clay
~ Light Screen
~ Reflect
~ Morning Sun
~ Psychic

Chesnaught @ Lum Berry
~ Spikes
~ Synthesis
~ Toxic
~ Spikey Shield

Chesnaught is my wall, and its main job is to set-up entry hazards. When I'm done, I would then switch into Espeon to put up Light Screen and Reflect to raise my team's defenses. After that, I would then proceed to start sweeping with either Talonflame or Blastoise. Dusknoir's there just so I could back myself up if my strategy ever winds up failing. d: I've been having a lot of success with this team.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
If I'm doing Battle Spot, I'm usually messing around with a bunch of different Pokemon, seeing what works. When I actually go into a rating battle though I usually use the following team (which I've actually posted on here before asking for help):

Spoiler:

Sometimes, Aegislash, Pinsir, Azumarill or Talonflame will get the call up.

Back