• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats up with the Censor?

Castrainer

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Guys, I was typing the Name of the Gold Version Main Legendarie, **-Oh, But the censor blocks H O

Is H O a Bad Word? o.O;;

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    some people might consider it to be a bad word, depending on how touchy they are. but i don't, you can send me an e-mail full of that word, and i'd be a little weirded out, but not offended at all.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Like, I was typing Phoenix Boy's name too...
    And its Censored!

[EDIT] It aint anymore @.@

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Legendary_Pokegirl said:
    I believe that happened in the Pair up and Romance thread in the list. XD I was wondering why it did that. ^^

Yeah. And theres a thread called "PC's Big Survey" and when I typed his name it sensored it... @__@

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Somehow I think the hackers messed with the word filters...words that weren't censored before were and some of the more hardcore curses were uncensored after the incident...that's my best guess anyway.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Somehow I think the hackers messed with the word filters...words that weren't censored before were and some of the more hardcore curses were uncensored after the incident...that's my best guess anyway.

yeah... I thought about the Hackers too... We have to ask Andy or Kairi...

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Mmm, censors got screwed over, and in their hopes of getting them fixed, Steve and Kwesi must've messed up something. =/

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    When they re-added the censors they didn?t put brackets around words like those, and without them anytime those words appear they?re censored. With brackets, only the exact word is censored.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • People won't get that there weren't even hackers... it was just an admin with an easy to guess password. ??

Back