• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beginner's Lounge Phase-Out

Years
  • I like this. but I also hate this.

I think that it's good to finally get rid of it, as people were using for teams and hacking. But I dislike us having to post in the Progressing Hacks forum, if most of them aren't going to go though with them, and some were actually Ideas....

I think now the Progressing Hacks Forum is going to get clustered.. but that's just me.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Meh, I suppose it has to be done. It'll be sad to see the Beginner's Lounge go, but removing clutter is always nice.

Years
  • It's fine, if you also make new sticky threads for the good stuff from the beginners lounge. Maybe you should make one sticky thread for "Simple questions - advance" and another for "Simple questions - GBC", etc. This will at least HELP solve the problem of those people who feel that the current "simple questions" thread is too cluttered to be any help to them.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • It'll all work out, so I'm kind of happy to see it go, but if it's just to get rid of missplaced questions, why don't you put it in an anouncemnt type thing for all newly regestered users? It would be closeable, and once closed wouldn't reopen, allowing all new users to have it up, but old users not to be bothered with it. It would say something like "Have a question? Post here in thisthread." This would also allow you to have spam threads submitted like " what does all them numbers mean in A-map?!?" It's to late now, and newbs would probably still ignore it thouh.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've thought it was fairly pointless from the beginning... most of the stuff there just belongs in "Rom Hacking" imo.
    However... A subsection for new hackers to post their ideas, and gather other newbs together to work on hacks is essential imo, as it gives them a place to get all of the noobiness out of their system, and start learning about hacking. If we don't have a place like this, there will come a day when there are no new hackers at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I vouch for what others have said. I need help with specific things, but I don't want a team, and I don't have enough done to put it in Progressing Hacks. Where do I go now? *is confused*

Back