• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Going Cyber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber Link

Sexier than Raichu Master
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Wow, it's been ages since I last posted anything here...

Incase ya'll didn't know I was previously known as the Legendary Raichu Master, or just Raichu Master for short. XD

Anyway, back to the rp.

Storyline

The world has been split in two, humans in the real world, and Pokemon in the parallel cyber world. It's been this way for 1000s of years, and people have forgotten what it was like to have pokemon living with them in one harmonic world, it's all history now.

The only way to have contact with these monsters, with through a communication device, much like the ones on digimon and Megaman (I forget the series but I think you know what I'm talking about).

Gameplay

The gameplay is new. You play as a human that has a device (called PokeDevice), and you communicate with a pokemon there by means of the PokeDevice. Exactly like Megaman.

Plot

You start at your house, when you find out you've finally saved enough money to buy a PokeDevice. You rush to the store and select one of a custom color and design (each one needs to be different). As you turn it on, you're greeted with a "hello". But nothing appears on the touch screen hologram that pops up. You go through the rest of the day wondering if the thing is broken. Meanwhile, on the other side, you're Device is just a beckon of light in a tall grassy field. That is until a pokemon steps on it and activates the capture mode. Then you have the choice of either letting the pokemon walk away, or capturing it.

Remember that you're only aloud to have one pokemon. So pick wisely.

Also the plot is, since it's hard to tell from the way I phrased everything, you and your pokemon, along with the others you meet up with, must find a way to reunite the separated worlds.

Profile:

Name:
    Personality:
    Description:
    PokeDevice: Describe your PokeDevice, be specific. No two people can have the same PokeDevice
    Pokemon:
    Location: This is where you're location is (where your character lives) since the two worlds no longer are merged. The real world is Earth (meaning what it looks like now: like America, Europe, etc.). The Cyber world still looks like the pokemon world long ago.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Name: Max
    Personality: Always wanted a friend. He usually happy, but just sometimes he is really serious.
    Description: Blue eyes, and black hair. Wears all black, including pants, t-shirt, coat, shoes and gloves.
    PokeDevice: Looks like a giant screen on a metallic surface that is weared around the arm of the user. Steel gray, the screen closes and opens from the device. It really has 2 screens, one on the hatch that opens, and one in the device. The both screens can make holographic surroundings, and etc. The device itself, has like a little lock, that when opened, the user can wear it, or take it off, and locks when it is being weared, or when it is not used.
    Pokemon: Lugia

Last edited:

Cyber Link

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Max Hunter said:
    Name: Max
    Personality: Always wanted a friend. He usually happy, but just sometimes he is really serious.
    Description: Blue eyes, and black hair. Wears all black, including pants, t-shirt, coat, shoes and gloves.
    PokeDevice: A blue PokeDevice and silver lights , (if it had any buttons with light...). I really don't know what is the shape of a PokeDevice...
    Pokemon: Lugia, but if we are not allowed Legendaries, just if we are not allowed, Pikachu.

I'm letting you be creative with the PokeDevice. There is no set rules to it as long as you describe the way it looks (structure, color, how big, how heavy it is, etc.) It's completely up to you how you want it to look! ^^

Kurosaki

I'm beginning to wonder when you're gonna stop calling yourself legendary, XD
    You mean the Megaman Battle Network series? XD

Name: David Eddy
    Personality: Could I please leave this blank? I don't like following my personality description, XD
    Description: 5'11" with short red hair and blue eyes. He wears a grey sweater with a hood, a symbol on the front in black that resembles a cross. He also wears navy blue jeans, and a pair of black running shoes.
    PokeDevice: David's PokeDevice is metallic orange in colour, and weighs about 2.5 lbs. It's shaped oddly like a dagger, the screen in the center of what looks like a blade.
    Pokemon: Quilava

One question, can the Pokemon evolve later on?

Cyber Link

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Daiaki said:
    I'm beginning to wonder when you're gonna stop calling yourself legendary, XD
    You mean the Megaman Battle Network series? XD

Yeah the Battle Network series. Thanks alot David! ^^

As for your question, yes the pokemon can evolve later one! ^^

Yeah I should really stop that legendary garbage...I've returned so I guess I ain't a legend anymore... XD

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Cyber Link said:
    I'm letting you be creative with the PokeDevice. There is no set rules to it as long as you describe the way it looks (structure, color, how big, how heavy it is, etc.) It's completely up to you how you want it to look! ^^

Ok, thank you. I already edited it, but I wasn't SO descriptive, I used the form of a really well known thing... maybe...

Harry Potter

EXPECTO PATRONUM!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    Name: Harry
    Personality: He's a funny guy who loves to goof off, but knows how to confort people
    Description: He has messy brown hair, blue eyes, NO SCAR, Usualy wears everything blue
    PokeDevice: Harry has a teal Pokedevice with blue lights, about as big as his two hands, pretty light
    Pokemon: Electrike

Cyber Link

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Name: Lance Stevenson
    Personality: Goofy, and outgoing
    Description: Lance is currently into button-down shirts. His favorite is his dark navy blue (almost looks black), with any type of jeans he can get his hands on, mostly boot-cut. But he's been known to go off the wall with his jean styles. As face as appearance, he black hair and green eyes, and finds it hard to get a tan. He doesn't tan easily.
    PokeDevice: It came in the form of a leather glove that is worn on the right hand. it's completely black, except on the palm side. It's completely died silver. Sensors inside the palm of the glove activate the device when he squeezes his hand into a fist. A holographic touch screen comes up and he activates and uses all the functions from that screen. It's light like a leather glove, you wouldn't even suspect anything.
    Pokemon: Pichu

OOC: Just to give you a heads up. This is also a mix of Bayblades/Battle Network, where there are world tournaments around the world. There are two types. Holograph, and screen. The holograph tournaments are rare, its where a platform connects with the cyber world and brings the field to the real world only for that battle. The screen one is run like the battle network series.

Heart-felt

Mimix
    Years

• Sorry, kinda late. ^^' I wasn't going to join untill after Saturday...but I'm itching to join. You have a good plot going on, Cyber Link. ^^
    I hope you don't mind if I join.

Name:Angie Perkins
    Personality:Angie is a sweet and caring girl, willing to put others before herself. She has a good sense of humor, and can brighten ones day. But she is spooked easily, and isn't the bravest of people. But she can sure surprise people at times, for courage does come to surface, when the time is right.
    Description:Angie has sun blonde hair, the tips dyed light purple. She's tall enough not to be short, and short enough to be under six feet. She is fairly slim, which is saying something, for the rest of her family was overwieght and always complaining she should eat more. Angie wears dark blue, stylish jeans, and a tank top that is light blue in color. Her eyes are an enchanting gold, the pupils edged with icy blue.
    PokeDevice:A simple, golden braclet. A wide one at that, like a band. Stylish, and the buttons are like Celtic markings. But oddly, she can understand them.
    Pokemon:Melotic (Did I spell that right? ^^')

Okay!^^ I hope that was satisfactory Link. ^-~

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Name: Sam
    Personality: Fun Loving, Care free
    Description: Tall with red hair. Wears a mini skirt and a blue top.
    PokeDevice: Crystal. It is shaped like an egg, and about as big as her palm. It has a keychain on it and she wears it on her belt loop on her skirt.
    Pokemon: Articuno

Cyber Link

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Legend said:

Sorry, kinda late. ^^' I wasn't going to join untill after Saturday...but I'm itching to join. You have a good plot going on, Cyber Link. ^^
    I hope you don't mind if I join.

Okay!^^ I hope that was satisfactory Link. ^-~

OC:What are you doing here!? Of course you can't join! Are you out of your mind!

I'm just kidding, Legend! Glad to have you aboard! ^^

By the by, I'm just wondering, we're still paired right?

Anyway, back on topic, let's get this baby started!

IC: "Hey Lance!" a voice came from behind Lance, as he walked silently along the sidewalk.

Turning around, a goofy smile spread across his face. "Hey Bill," Lance greeted wrapping his arm around the boys shoulder and rubbing his fist hard against Bills head.

"Hey hey hey, easy there," Bill said trying to pull away from Lances death grip. Finally Lance let go of his buddy and let him walk beside him. "You getting it today?" Bill asked.

"You bet! I just got enough money to get it!" Lance said with another goofy smile.

"Yeah, then in no time you'll be in the top world tournaments like me!" Bill bragged.

"If you keep gloating like that, you're head will get too big and you'll float away. Better be careful," Lance said as he put his hands in his pocket and turned left down an alley, taking a shortcut, with Bill following at his heels.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • "watch out!" I heard behind me. Suddenly, a rock made a hard contact with my head. I turned around, and saw my eternal rivals... the neighborhood gang of kids -10. Atleast there was just one of them. "you're soooo dead" I told the kid really slowly with a leer. The kid just ran away. Suddenly, I felt another rock, again... in the head.

"I thought that...!!!!!!" I yelled behind me, and stopped yelling. It was Mary, a friend I knew since kindergarden. "oh! Hi! I didn't know it was you" I told Mary, and she just smiled. "I always liked to do that. Hi Max. So... I heard that you were getting it today?" she asked me. "yeah... oh wait, what was I supposed to buy today?" I... kinda 'answered'. "the PokeDevice!" Mary yelled at me. I just innocently smiled and just said "yea! of course! I was just kidding!"... yea, I was... kidding.

We started to walk, and we turned around a corner, and just infront my eyes, was the most beautiful thing in my whole life. "BEHOLD!!! THE POKEDEVICE!!!!" Mary joked, while I was still admiring the PokeDevice, and then I came back to reality. "you better stop that" I replied as we entered the store where the PokeDevice was.

"Max! my old poor friend!" said the shop's keeper laughing at me. "I'm not poor! I just got enough money to buy it... MWAHAHAHA!!" I replied, with an evil laugh. "yea, and when you give me the money, you will be with no money" he joked. I just stopped laughing and grabbed the PokeDevice and put it infront of the shop keeper. He said the price, and I got out my wallet, and ... "NOOO!!!! just 1 dollar left!" I yelled as I started to cry. "here's a dollar" said Mary taking out a dollar from a pocket of mine. "you better stop it magician girl" I replied to her.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: May I join?
    Name: Roan Jaeger
    Personality: Confident, though not brash; usually serious; level-headed
    Description: Black hair with silver highlights; Icy blue-grey eyes
    PokeDevice: Transparent with silver circuit pattern and edging; attaches to arm
    Pokemon: Eevee

Will the chosen Pokemon be able to evolve? ]

A puff of mist fell from Roan's lips as he sat on the frost-laden front steps of his house. His grey eyes stared silently into the icy, lifeless landscape. As the door behind him opened, he neither turned nor spoke.
    "Roan?"
    He remained silent.
    "Shouldn't you come inside? It's getting colder."
    In response, he gave his head a single, negative shake.
    Behind him, his sister paused. Finally, she broke the frozen silence. "I suppose I should tell you. Just now, I received a phone call."
    Though Roan's response consisted again of silence, it was an attentive quiet.
    "They told me your order came in. Tomorrow we can go into town to pick it up."
    Against shaking his head, Roan stood.
    "You don't mean . . . you can't go to town now. You might make it there before dark, but you would never make it back before then."
    Without a word, Roan started down the unpaved road--removing one hand from his pocket to give his sister a single farewell wave.

As she watched him walk down the path, a faint smile tugged at the female's lips. Her soft, grey eyes carried a subtle sadness as she whispered,"You have your father's spirit . . . " Releasing a gentle sigh into the cold air, she turned and re-entered the house.

[OOC:

EDIT: In response to below post: Ah, gomen-nassai. ::bows repeatedly:: I apologize . . . I suppose I missed that when I was reading the posts . . . ]

Last edited:

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Name: Ryuu Nakamura
    Personality: short-tempered in his mind.
    Description: Chocolate Brown hair, orange cap worn sideways, a white t-shirt with a orange shirt over it, black knee length pants and black sandals.
    PokeDevice: What looks like a black ipod with a silver clickwheel.
    Pokemon: Are made up Pok?mon allowed?

Last edited:

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: No sorry...we're using regular pokemon, so we know what the move set.

"Done," Lance said as he stepped away from the computer. He took a minute to evaluate his work and then waved Billy over to take a look.

"Wow. A glove? That's way more creative than my watch," Billy said as Lance entered the code in, and waited.

"So what pokemon are you looking for?" Billy said as they waited for it to be made in the back room.

"Probably a pichu..." Lance shugged as a pokemon magazine caught his eye.

"Why that weak pokemon?" Billy asked as he saw the magazine he picked up. It was the Battle Mag which was the name of the local magazine with the rankings of all the top pokemon trainers.

"See this guy?" Lance pointed, seemingly trying to switch the subjects.

"Yeah I know him. His name's Steve Demeon. We battled at the Sydney finals not too long ago. Why?" Billy asked, finding it odd that he was talking about the guy.

"Well he's raised his Blaziken from a Torchic," Lance stated plainly.

"So? What's your point?" Billy asked trying to get Lance to get to the point.

"Well they have a tight relationship. That's what I want with my pokemon. So it only makes sense to raise it from it's lowest form," Lance explained.

"Pokemon are nothing but fighting tools, nothing more..." Billy huffed.

Lance chuckled and just shook his head.

"You're PokeDevice is ready," a man from behind the counter said.

Lance walked over to the counter in time to hear the man say, "It was a difficult peice of work, but a fine one at that."

"Thank you!" Lance said slipping the glove on. At first it was too big, and then it fit itself to his hand. "Cool!"

"What? Let me see!" Billy demanded trying to look over Jake's shoulder.

"It fits to it's owners hand!" Lance commented.

"That's neat," Billy said taking Lances hand and raising it to eye level to example the peice of machinery.

Last edited:

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • "What the heck is that?" an 18 year old man asked, looking over at Sam's belt loop. A see-through crystal egg-like object hung from a keychain, "Is it a Giga-pet?" Sam smiles, looking at it as though it were a clock.

"Nope, it's a PokeDevice. I just got it today." she says.

The man laughs, "That stuff is like, pointless. There's no point to it!"

Sam narrows her eyes. "Y-yes there is! Once I catch a Pokemon, it will be!" and she walks away. She looks at it again, trying to see the non-existant world that lurked behind it, trying to see if she could find her companion.

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
    Years
  • Can you let ya old pal Batesy join?

Name: Harvey

Personality: Harvey is a kind boy who is quite smart at technology. His main flaw is curiousity. Sometimes it gets him into trouble. Although kind, he is aggressive if someone pushes him too far.

Description: Harvey has brown hair and blue eyes. His short haircut is covered by a black bucket hat. A flaw in his body is the slight over weightness however, he is still tall and healthy.

PokeDevice: The Device is aqua in colour. Looks like a USB Wingman Precision Gamepad without the A, B, X, Y and D-Pad.
    Picture an aqua Nintendo 64 Contoller without the middle hump-thing and without and controls or L-R and a screen in the middle and a PS2 and USB cord port in the back to plug into the computer.

Pok?mon: Arcanine.

Years
  • Would you mind if I joined in? If not I'll delete this post.

Name: Daniel James Hunter

Personality: To everyone who doesn't know him well he seems distant and unfriendly but it is only when he really gets to know someone that he will really open up and show them how he really feels about them. Shows little emotion about anything and any situation seems to make him bored. Most of this is due to his extreme laziness. He just can't be bothered reacting to anything that happens around him. Even though lazy, he is smart and has a huge knowledge of the world of Pokemon and he holds it all in his amazing memory. Amazing to the fact that he can remember exactly what you said last week in a conversation about lettuce but forgets where he put his shoes half an hour ago! If you are in need of something he may seem uninterested but when you turn your back he will do everything he can in order to help you. He may have his faults but he is a true friend.

Description: His hair is a jet black and always untidy but it is usually hidden under his favorite red cap. His eyes are a deep brown but he wears black rimmed sunglasses with the lenses reflecting a dull yellow colour. He wears a plain white T-shirt on his torso but has a red coat in his back-pack that he wears when the weather turns nasty. He has a red back-pack that all his personal belongings are kept in. He wears blue denium jeans. His shoes are nothing special, just white sneakers.

PokeDevice: Basically it looks like a watch. It is made of titanium, a grayish silver metal. Where an analog watch would have a knob on the side to adjust the time it has a button which activates a hologram. The hologram is projected just above where a watch face would be and it is used to access all other functions of the PokeDevice.

Pokemon: Charmander (Shiny if possible but it doesn't matter if its not allowed)

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • "Here's your order, kid," the man stated as he handed Roan a box.

Giving a brief nod in gratitude, Roan dropped a handful of coins onto the counter as he turned away. Retreating to a corner of the relatively small post office, the youth tore open the cardboard box. As he removed tape and unfolded foam, his pale eyes caught a glint. Before long, Roan found himself holding a PokeDevice--clear as water, bearing marks silver as a winter moon. Without a word, he strapped it to his arm as he tossed the packaging into a plastic bin.

As Roan swung open the post office door, the man leaned over the counter and called, "You better be careful! S'pposed to snow tonight!"

A slight nod could be caught in Roan's movements before he closed the door.

------------------------

Amidst the blackness of the sky, the brilliant lights of the Aurora Borealis shimmered in silent song. Stretching their rays upward, the vibrant colors reflected onto the PokeDevice's smooth, cold surface. His icy gaze glancing over the object, Roan's eyes found themselves resting on a small switch. Without hesitation, he flipped it to "On".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back