• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Going Cyber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
  • Ytnim said:
    Would you mind if I joined in? If not I'll delete this post.

OOC: My long lost buddy! ^^

How's it been goin'?

Why of course you can join, ytnim! (Minty spelled backwards! I remembered! XD)

And you may join too batesy! ^^

IC: "I take it you like it?" Lance asked noting his friends curiousity.

"How do it turn on?" Billy asked as he let Lance have control of his hand.

"Well it should work like this..." Lance said as he gripped his hand into a fist. The sensors on the palm of his hand kicked in, and in no time there was a holograph in front of them with a main menu option.

"Wow..." Billy said in amazement.

"You act like you've never seen the inventory window," Lance said, letting a chuckle escape his lips.

"Now, it's how the sensors in the leather gloves are pressure activated," Billy explained.

"Not only are the pressure activated..." Lance began, letting his grip go, which deactivated the device. He raised his hand to reveal four light grey dots. "...it's also a DNA sensor so it'll only open to my fingers if they're on the right dots and if the proper pressure is applied."

Billy became slack-jawed at the amount of precaution Lance took in securing his PokeDevice. "Wow...that's more of a security system than I bet every other pokemon trainer has on their PokeDevice!"

Lance shrugged and let Billy lead him out of the shop, still babbling on and on about how cool Lance's new PokeDevice is.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Umm, just one question, who is Jake? I thought your character's name was Lance?

Daniel was walking down the street he lived in but he hardly knew it. His head was in the clouds, imagining what it would be to really have a PokeDevice. He was thinking how he could make it, putting it together in his head and then taking it apart again, redesigning it. With him daydreaming the whole way, he made it to the store where he was to design his PokeDevice in no time.

Entering the store, the door had a bell to alert the owner when someone entered or left. The clerk had been out the back but returned to his counter when he heard the bell ring. Daniel walked up to the counter, hardly believing this was happening but withheld his emotions to speak to the man.

"Umm, this is a place where I can get a PokeDevice right?" he asked, his voice wavering slightly.

"That'd be correct. Just use that computer there to create your virtual PokeDevice and when your done, it'll be made for real out the back. You can pay for it right?" the man asked as he had had a few people make one but not be able to pay for it.

"Yeah, I've been saving for ages." Daniel replied. Making his way to the computer he started his design. He stopped several times to refashion it but in about 20 minutes he had finished. Clicking the 'make' button, Daniel took a seat in one of the chairs scattered about the store. This place was a 'One stop shop for the PokeDevice' in the words of the signs on the door and walls, selling not only PokeDevices themselves but many accessories for them to improve different parts. Daniel only had enough for the basic Device so he just looked at all things as he waited. It wasn't long before he was handing over his hard-earned cash for the PokeDevice and walking out the door.

Taking off his normal watch, he replaced it with the almost identical looking PokeDevice as he had modeled it on his current watch. It even told the time when the hologram menu wasn't up. As he fastened the band his arm went warm as a laser took readings from his arm. It took a DNA check so that only his DNA from now on could access the device. It took other readings as well such as adreneline levels and blood pressure to see what kind of mood Daniel was in so it could adjust its welcome note for how he was feeling.

Staring at his brand new accusition, Daniel walked away from the shop, heading roughly in the direction of the city centre.

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
    Years
  • OOC: I'll try. This first part sounds a little complicated.

BIC:
    Harvey, the new thirteen year old, straightened his black bucket hat as he walked down the streets of Sydney to the electronics shop. He now had enough for a Pok? Device with the help of some new birthday money and a tonne he had been saving for yonks!

It began to rain as he walked. Harvey didn't mind. Rain was his favourite kind of weather. The cold and fast drops felt great.

Harvey turned into the electronics store and went to the counter.
    "Here for my Pok? Device," he said smiling.
    "Well go out to the back and make it," the shop keeper said. "Too tired. Tonne of kids came in already."

Harvey walked out to the computer at the back. There were so many ways to make it. How would he choose?
    Soon he came to a decision. Remembering his USB Gamepad at home for his computer, he modelled it as that. It wasn't exactly the same though. No buttons. But it didn't matter. There was still the USB cord on it to connect to his computer and there was a screen in the middle.
    He clicked the make button and walked back over to the counter, money in his hands.
    "Here's ya Pok? Device, kid," the man said handing it over. "Aqua, in colour. A change for once."
    "I'd rather black but it's okay," Harvey said taking the device and handing over the money.

Harvey walked out and turned it on. The time was available on it. That was good. No more horrible watch. The new generation of technology!

He read the screen. 'DNA Check'. It had a little loading bar. 'Complete!'.

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • OOC: If I post the moveset then I can use a made-up Pok?mon? I really want to put it to a test

IC:
    Ryuu trotted towards a small store, where you get a so called 'Pok?device' A tall 30 year old man in a white bandanna leaned on the counter, waiting for a customer. Ryuu walked over to the counter, digging into his wallet yet hesitating at the same time.

"So, you want a Pok?device eh?" The man boomed in a low voice. He was kind, seeing Ryuu's troubled look.

"Yes..." Ryuu said quietly. He took out his wallet slowly.

"It'll be that machine, you can design your own, that's why all Pok?devices look different." The man instructed. He took out his rough hand and pointed at what looked like an arcade machine.

Ryuu motioned towards it as he kept slipping bills into a small slot where it would suck the money in. Ryuu chose a few more options, costing him a few more thousand yen like mp3, communication, and games. Ryuu just stuck to the templates rather than draw a freehand one on the machine. A receipt was printed out and Ryuu handed it to the shop keeper.

"Thank you, come again!" The shop keeper said with a big smile on his face. He walked behind the desk and inserted the receipt into a machine.

Ryuu ran out and started waiting for his work of art.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Pale lights shine onto Roan's face as the Pokedevice comes to life. Each silver circuit seems to glow as starlight as a hologram appears. White text forms on the dark screen: Now activating identification program . . .

A light flashes across Roan's features.

Identity registration process complete. Please state your name.

After a short pause, the youth states, "Roan."

His name briefly flashes across the screen before fading to darkness. Rather suddenly, a menu appears. As he continues down the street, the male raises his left hand toward the hologram--extending his forefinger to select one option. The button glows faintly before bringing him to another screen.

Pokemon not yet acquired.

Despite himself, Roan feels confusion cross his face as he slightly raises an eyebrow. He returns the screen to its main menu as his eyes search for an explanation. Returning to the previous option, the male finds his gaze greeted with only blackness. Narrowing his eyes in concentration, Roan finds his attention suddenly diverted as he feels the familiar bite of a snowflake. Swiftly setting the Pokedevice into "Standby" mode, Roan quickens his pace as he continues toward his home.

Before long, flurries of white particles are tumbling out of the black night--tainting Roan's dark hair with ice. His eyes colder than the snow that surrounds him, the youth glances upward before continuing on.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Omega II said:
    OOC: If I post the moveset then I can use a made-up Pok?mon? I really want to put it to a test

OOC: Sorry, but I think it best if we just stick to the old stuff...

Yeah Ytnim...it's Lance...I just have another character named Jake in another forum and I just got back and I had his name stuck in my head...in fact I had his name on my mind the last two post! XD

Sorry about that...I'll edit it! ^^

IC: "Are you entering the tournament next month?" Billy asked as the began waking toward Lance's home.

"I don't even have a pokemon yet!" Lance corrected as he noticed Billy pointing to his glove.

"Well it seems that you got one right now, look!" Billy said as Lance then felt his hand vibrate.

Clinching his hand into a fist, he came up to the main menu. He pressed the field map option on the PokeDevice to bring up a window of the cyber world.

"Isn't that the pokemon you want?" Billy said pointing to the pokemon that appeared on his screen, with another window that asked "Do you want to catch this pokemon?"

Lance clicked the yes option, and a little box glowed red on the bottom left corner of the Feild window.

"See there? That's you're pokemon's profile. Click on that option when you want to talk to it. The PokeDevice will desipher it's body language and noises into a voice that matches the tone and quality of the voice, it's a handy little add-on I must say," Bill explained.

Pressing the little red box closed the feild window and brang up the profile window. "Who you doing Pichu?"

"Pi!" the pichu exclaimed, apparently surprised that the voice that rang in it's head in the cyber world. The translation came out as, "Who's that?"

"My name's Lance. What's yours?"

"Are you a pokemon?"

"No, it's hard to explain right now...er...um...just say I'm a guardian."

"Guardian?"

"Someone who watches over you, and makes sure you're ok."

"Hmmm...so you're my guar....guardian?"

"That's right!"

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
    Years
  • OOC: I'm changing my name to Josh and I'm changing my Pok?mon to Zapdos.

BIC:
    As Josh fiddled around with his Pok? Device, he realised he saw a Pok?mon. It was a Zapdos, a legendary bird he had seen in his books. Zapdos the legendary bird of electricity was looking straight at Josh. It emitted a screech.
    Noticing the translation box, Josh pushed it and heard what the Zapdos had said.
    'Hello, Josh,' it said.
    "How do you know my name?" Josh asked.
    'Let's just say that since you were little I was watching over you.'
    "Like God?"
    'Yeah, a bit.'

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Before long, the gentle wisps of white had gained a thick fury. A blanket of snow filled Roan's vision as he pressed through the blinding sheets of ice. Narrowing his eyes against the wind, he raised an arm to protect his face. Suddenly, he noticed the Pokedevice flicker with a strange light. However, it was far from a convenient opportunity to activate the device. Thus, with a flicker of curiosity in his mind, Roan pressed on.

Shaking his head to free it from ice, Roan paused to look about. Somehow, the familiar road he tread had suddenly become unrecognizable. Despite the many occasions on which he had walked this path, he found himself strangely lost. Shielding his eyes, his gaze darted about. However, naught could be seen but endless white. As the blizzard again struck him with its paralyzing bite, he could not prevent himself from faintly flinching. Raising his scarf over his face, Roan continued on in determined silence.

-----------------------------

Trudging through the building snow, Roan gradually began to grow numb. And, despite his unbending spirit, a slash of the blizzard's fangs and he found himself falling. Extending his arms to halt his fall, a shard of ice sliced across the Pokedevice. Within the instant, a blinding light flashed from the object, causing Roan to turn his gaze away. However, as he did so, he noticed a dim shadow illuminated by the light of the device. Forcing himself to stand, Roan stumbled toward the shadow.

Before long, Roan's gloved hand found a metal railing. A flick of his wrist, a turn of the latch, and two doors stood open--allowing him entry into the sanctuary of his home.

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • OOC- In that case I'll choose Charmander (because he's orange)
    IC- *changing POV here)
    The Pok?device was amazing. It was shining, as the screen on it came to life. A holographic menu popped out, as I motioned my fingers across it. Now all I need is to get a Pok?mon in it. Where would I get that?"

Harry Potter

EXPECTO PATRONUM!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    Harry Was walking down the street of Alpena, heading for the post office. Suddenly, a hand grabbed his shoulder, and He spun around to see his friends Ron and Hermionie. He sighed
    "Hey guys," He said, and the three walked down the street
    "So, going to get your Pokedevice?" Hermionie asked, and Harry nodded. THey arrived, and the man behind the counter smiled
    "Hello there Harry, Ronald, Hermionie" The man said, and gave them afew Packages. Harry ripped his open and saw it! It was shining bright. He quickly pulled out a strand of his hair when it asked for DNA Annalases. It Then Said Thank you on the screen, and a Hologram popped up. He looked at it, and saw a small, shimmering box that said feild. He Poked it, and instantly, a feild apeared. He looked at it, and saw a Electrike. The thing he just wanted!

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Roan's eyes flickered open as he slowly raised himself from the icy ground. Unable to stifle a soft groan he glanced about, attempting to recall what had happened. Running his hand over his ice-bitten cheek, he slowly recalled the recent events. After leaving the post office, he had made his way home through a blizzard. For time he was lost. Then, he found his way into his house and had fallen unconscious.

Leaning his back to a cold wall, he continued to muse. But, how had he found the house? There was a light . . . from his Pokedevice . . .

Roan stiffened. The Pokedevice. Swiftly raising his right arm, he began to examine it in the dim light. Though there was a faint mark across its surface, it did not seem too heavily damaged. The male lightly pressed a button. In response, the hologram flickered to life.

Pokemon acquired. Ownership confirmed.

"Confirmed?" Roan felt himself question. Then, he recalled the incident in the snow. A slight disgust passed through him as he checked the device for the Pokemon's identity. "Accidentally confirmed," he mentally corrected the device.

Pokemon: Eevee
    Trainer: Roan

Another wave of displeasure passed through Roan's being. Eevee would not have been his most desired Pokemon . . . He paused. But, under the circumstances, it might be worth keeping. He leaned his head against the wall, staring into the blackness. Not to say that he had a choice.

Glancing toward Eevee's curled and sleeping form, he murmured, "Alright . . . Eevee."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Walking through the busy streets of Hobart, Daniel didn't really have a plan for the rest of the day. Only thing he wanted was to get his PokeDevice which he had already done. Maybe he'd go to the mall, look at some clothes, go to EB and just generally window shop. Before that he had to fight his way through the masses of people to get there. A sudden vibration on his wrist followed by a beeping, like an alarm going off caused him to look at his device. It was flashing but if he paid too much attention to it he would get swept away in the crowds of people and might even get knocked down with the possibility of breaking his new acquisition. Making his way to an empty side street, Daniel got the opportunity to finally see what his PokeDevice was going on about.

Leaning up against a building, Daniel pushed the button on the side of his watch, activating the holgram menu. A few options were available but one was red in colour and the others in green. Putting his finger to the red option, Daniel selected the 'Pokemon capture' icon. The holographic pokemon was standing on two legs and looked like it was armor plated. A huge drill like appendage was situated where one would put a nose. It was a Rhydon and the PokeDevice listed information about this specific pokemon. It asked Daniel whether or not he wanted this pokemon and even though it looked cool, Daniel declined, not wanting this pokemon. Turning the hologram menu off, Daniel continued on his way to the mall.

Daniel was aimlessly wandering the mall when he found a poster advertising next months Pokemon Tournament. As he read the poster he wondered if he would get a pokemon that caught his fancy before it was held. As he pondered this, an arm came from behind and slapped him on the shoulder.

"Jimmy!" came a shout from behind.

Daniel turned to find his old friend Chris behind him with a huge grin on his face. Chris had lived in the same street as Daniel since they were little kids but had recently moved to Melbourne. Chris also called Daniel James or Jimmy since he knew heaps of Daniel's and to keep track of them all called them by their middle names. Daniel's middle name is James but Chris has shortened it further to Jimmy.

"Hows it going Chris!" Daniel yelled with excitement.

"Pretty good. Just down here visiting family before I go to Sydney to compete in the Tournament. Here have a look."

Chris activated his PDA-esque PokeDevice, showing Daniel a holographic image of his pokemon a Mightyena. He was sleeping at the moment but he still looked awesome.

"So your Poochyena evolved huh?" Daniel asked as the last time he saw Chris' pokemon was when he first got him.

"Yeah. So have you got a PokeDevice yet?" Chris asked.

"Yep, today actually. I haven't -" Daniel was cut short by his PokeDevice beeping, flashing and vibrating again.

Opening the menu once again, Daniel found he had another pokemon. The PokeDevice showed an image of a small yellow lizard with a flame on its tail. Its skin seemed to sparkle somehow as it slashed and scratched at the air, trying to get free.

"How lucky are you?!! That's a Charmander but not just any ordinary Charmander, its a shiny. I've never seen one before but I heard they are really rare pokemon that differ in colour to their ordinary species. You just have to catch it, you just have to!" Chris was estastic about the yellow fire lizard.

"Ok man, calm down." Daniel put his finger to the 'capture' option and then activated the talking mode.

"Hey Charmander, how ya going?" Daniel asked tentatively.

"What the -! Oh you must a trainer. Guess your mine then." Charmander must have heard about pokemon training before.

"Yeah that'd be right. Well its been nice meeting ya but I have to go now. We'll have a proper conversation later on."

"Fine by me. I'll be here, sleeping, if ya need me."

Closing the link to the pokemon, Daniel looked back to Chris.

"Guess I have a pokemon now."

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • "Eh, young laddy, you want a Charmander? Well 'ere you go." Quite rare them Charmanders, run out of stock really quickly. That'll be another 2000 Yen...

Ryu took out a few bills from his wallet, as the USB Port of his Pok?device connected to the man's.

"There you go. Here's your Charmander... Call it whatever you want, I don't care."

Charmander appeared on Ryu's Pokedevice as it waved its' arms.

"Wow..." Ryu motioned his fingers on the touch screen, stroking Charmander's head."

"I'll give you a name later..."

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • ooc: hey guys, sorry to be offline all these days... evil parents lied to me... but I'm back, ready to RP again. Oh! I almost forgot, I edited my PokeDevice, new description is in my sign-up in first page.

ic: I bought the PokeDevice, and my eyes started to glow as it was in my hands. "take good care of it kid, it is a treasure" the shopkeeper said to me. I nodded, advancing to the door to leave the building, possibly Mary behind me. The man said good-bye, and I replied, and Mary did the same. "well, I gotta go Max, see ya later!" Mary told me as she went running to her house, just some streets away.

I waved my hand and smiled, and I quickly returned my sigh to the PokeDevice. I opened the 'lock' it had, and I weared it around my left arm. It automatically, opened its screen, showing then two screens that made me breathe really fast. On the screen of the hatch, it said "DNA Identification...". Suddenly, "Complete!" was on the lower screen. Both screens became black, and an hologram appeared. It was the 'Main Menu'.

"wow!! this PokeDevice is incredible!!!!" I said to myself as I continued standing infront of the shop, slowly starting to walk away to my home. I didn't do anything with my PokeDevice, so I closed it. I hid it under my black coat sleeve. While I was walking, it started to vibrate, and later it was beeping. I moved my sleeve away from the PokeDevice, and it opened itself again. "User's Name:" was on the upper screen, an on the lower, a white line blinking. "Max" I told the machine, and before I could blink, my name was on the screen.

Just a few streets away from my house, and my PokeDevice started to vibrate again. I moved the sleeve away again, and this time I opened PokeDevice. "A Pok?mon Appeared!" was on a hologram, and the hologram changed to a Sandslash. Something was below the holographic screen: "Capture Pok?mon?". I declined, closing again the PokeDevice.

I was just a few yards infront of my house, I can see the faces of my family staring at my new PokeDevice! I thought as I was just going to start walking again. But my PokeDevice stoped me, "now what!?" I expressed as I opened the PokeDevice again. "A New Pok?mon Appeared!" was on the holographic screen, suddenly, the great master of the seas appeared.

The picture of Lugia was minimized and was on a corner of the screen, and the hologram showed the pok?mon ID, and its stats... that were 'unknown'. With my finger of my right hand, touched and moved the lower right corner of Lugia's picture, making it be at the holographic screen size. Below Lugia, the words "Capture Pok?mon?" appeared, and I slowly said "yes".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back