• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I scrolled through every thread here to be sure it didn't already exist. I know it has, but there is no current version.

What is your favorite shiny Pokemon?

Sirfetch’d

When choosing a favorite shiny it is hard because there are so many cool ones haha. But Gigalith is my favorite shiny due to how awesome his colors are.

526.png

Years
  • Definitely Gastly, he looks completely different, I found one on Platinum and he became my favorite shiny.

Years
  • I'm annoyed at how Gamefreak treated Shiny Pokémon; they introduce the concept with a Shiny Gyarados, which looks SO different (and so awesome) in comparison to it's standard colouring. And then, for so many other Shiny Pokémon, they're merely a slightly different shade to their regular colouring:
    025.png
    026.png
    445.png
    052.png

257.png

007.png

(to be fair Squirtle's shell is green but otherwise he's the same)

And, of course, there's the unnecessary love of neon-green:
    212.png
    196.png
    217.png

(Note that the three examples are from Generation II alone!)

However, in the case of some others, the changes are at least significant enough for me to be able to appreciate them, such as the afformentioned (and unfortunately common) Gyarados (and there are some others I like, of course):
    130.png
    254.png
    448.png

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    Though I've never encountered a single shiny in over 14 years of playing the games, I still have love for shiny Ninetales.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I don't care how overrated he is (how hipster-ish, haha), I really love Shiny Charizard. Back in black, baby.
    Spr_4h_006_s.png

Shiny Sandslash looks like it's been rolling in blood.

Spr_5b_028_s.png

Shiny Machamp is obviously the Hulk...which is amazing.

Spr_5b_068_s.png

And Shiny Rapidash looks like a steed from hell.

Spr_3e_078_s.gif

And that's just Gen I! Jeez....

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shiny Rapidash is cool indeed, but shiny Ponyta is better imo.
    077.gif

My favorites are probably Cryogonal and Sneasel though. Dem chains and dat pink/yellow.
    Shiny_Cryogonal_BW.gif
    215.gif

Here are some others I kinda like:
    Spoiler:

I noticed something. Gen 1 has a love for neon green. Gen 2 has a love for pink. Gen 3 has a love for autumn brown/orange. And I seem to have a love for blue shinies, haha.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Rayquaza is awesome as a shiny... Well now that I think about it both Kyogre and Groudon are both awesome as shinys as well... I think legendaries get so love by gf. They try to make them good as shinys. Ho-oh and Lugia are awesome too. Non legends though I like Swampert and Scrafty

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it should be obvious who my favorite shiny is, given my current posting theme. Nidoking is my favorite Pokemon, and when I found out his shiny form is blue (one of my favorite colors), it was just perfect. I still haven't caught a shiny Nidoking in the games. Some day.

Years
  • I've never encountered a shiny in the wild so I can't pick any on sentimentality unfortunately.

Gyarados is up there due to being the original and the only one no hopers like me will ever get, it also actually looks good.

Pidgeot's is my probably my favourite. I love Pidgeot as it is, but its shiny makes it looks so majestic.

Spr_5b_018_s.png

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • from the top of my head, i really like cyndaquil. it looks really good. i can't really think of any others that i like as much as this guy;

155.png

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My favorite of all is Mienfoo's blue shiny fur - always been my #1 favorite shiny
    619.gif

& Mienshao's shiny fur as well.
    620.gif

Watchog's blue stripes, love them!
    505.gif

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Some of my favourite shiny Pokemon include: Ludicolo, Shuckle, Mothim, Seismitoad, Heatmor, Gigalith and Bravairy. I suppose if you look at it, I'm quite a fan of those with a good splash of blue. 8)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back