• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twisted Brush

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Hey, I'm not sure if this is allowed but I think it's very cool.This program has a lot of real art tools you can use on the computer.You can probabally find it on downloads.com by searchin "twisted brush".Here's a little thing I did to see all it does.I can do alot better than this though,I was just practicing.Tell me what you think!

EDIT:I made a new one while messing around with the tools.This one looks kind of 3D!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 10, 2008
Sorry if I'm mistaken but I think this should be in the Graphics and Photography forum. ^^

The first one is okay, Im concerned of the green outline which is distinguishingly looking pretty bad. But other than that I look forward to more.
The 2nd one is great, just that there is a part where you stopped the brush, thus leaving a little circle (the part somewhere around the middle).
Keep it up. ;)

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Thanks.I know the green ouline isn't too good but I was using pen for it.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Sorry to double post but I have some new pics I'll post.Sorry for the brief post up there.I had to go to school so I forgot to type about my other pics.The first is Link done in watercolor for skin and clothes,pen for outline,and pastels for his hair.The second is another 3Dish pipe design.And,I did notice the fault on the black one,thank you Auel.Here's more...
First:Mountainside
Second:Waves in the ocean

I think I'm getting better.What do you think?

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
Years
For the program in use it's not really biginnerish =3 I useta use this and it's kinda killer to use and thats how I got reffered to oekaki ^^. Very good first one but the others do like kinda out of there o.o.

As for this being in the graphics thread, its a computer drawing program, may look like 3D but has nothing to do wiht the fact or uses of a true 3d program, like forest grovyles peacock in a way =D it's not 3D but it's to real for normal art kinda thing^^

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Thanks for the comments.I kind of like the wave the best out of them.I made a new one.The thing up on the left is a waterfall.I'm enjoying this program very much.It does look like oekaki(don't exactly know what it is really)a bit.

EDIT:Here's another one I drew up.Alot of these are going to be abstract.If you move your eyes around the picture,itt seems tomove.Disturbing?You decide!

ANOTHER EDIT:I drew a 3D and 2D mixed dragon.I call him,Flutter.

Last edited:

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
sketch said:
Sorry to double post but I have some new pics I'll post.Sorry for the brief post up there.I had to go to school so I forgot to type about my other pics.The first is Link done in watercolor for skin and clothes,pen for outline,and pastels for his hair.The second is another 3Dish pipe design.And,I did notice the fault on the black one,thank you Auel.Here's more...
First:Mountainside
Second:Waves in the ocean

I think I'm getting better.What do you think?
Your talent seems to be on drawing landscapes! :D
Nice.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Yes,I like to draw landscapes alot!This program is very useful for it anyway.Besides,the only type of people I know how to draw is in anime style and that's not exactly artisctic.I am learning how to draw more objects in art class like birds,pots,and shading(stuff like that)but it's better to do on paper.Also,I only have art for a 1/4 of the year and it got cut even shorter from the hurricane so it's almost over.I'll probabally be getting my art back Monday,which is my last day,and I can get better at it.I can try to scan some and make another thread for them but I'll have to fix my scanner which is been buggy.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
sketch said:
Thanks for the comments.I kind of like the wave the best out of them.I made a new one.The thing up on the left is a waterfall.I'm enjoying this program very much.It does look like oekaki(don't exactly know what it is really)a bit.

EDIT:Here's another one I drew up.Alot of these are going to be abstract.If you move your eyes around the picture,itt seems tomove.Disturbing?You decide!

ANOTHER EDIT:I drew a 3D and 2D mixed dragon.I call him,Flutter.
Woah... that second one looks so colourful...

Great work!

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I think I'll go start on a new unique one but it will take awhile.Thanks for the comments everyone!

EDIT:Here's a new one,I liked the wave pic so much I made a new one.I'm still looking for inspiration on the other pic.Hope you like it!

Last edited:

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
For the first 2 pipe scenes I made lines with the pen and mixed it with the blender.The others,if you go to the pre artsets at the bottom,they have twisty tubey colors or something like that.The landscape preset is good too. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
yay, Because of your help, I made a few pics too, I hope you don't mind me posting them here, since this is just about twisted brush

Back