• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
  • Hmm... Well, I think the stats of the starters should be something like this:

Grass/Fighting. Very good attack. Average Defense, Sp. Defense. Above average speed. Average HP.

Fire/Rock. Very good Defense and very good HP. Above average Attack. Average Sp. Attack. Average Sp. Defense. Bad speed.

Water/Ice. Very good Sp. Attack, Speed. Average Attack. Below average Sp. Defense. Below average Defense. Average HP.

But that's just my opinion.

Edit: Cool, the eighteenth page!

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Hmm... Well, I think the stats of the starters should be something like this:

Grass/Fighting. Very good attack. Average Defense, Sp. Defense. Above average speed. Average HP.

Fire/Rock. Very good Defense and very good HP. Above average Attack. Average Sp. Attack. Average Sp. Defense. Bad speed.

Water/Ice. Very good Sp. Attack, Speed. Average Attack. Below average Sp. Defense. Below average Defense. Average HP.

But that's just my opinion.

Edit: Cool, the eighteenth page!
    Alright, well, like I've said, I'm all open to opinions, so these stat ideas are great ^^ But let me clear something up: The Grass starter is Grass/Ground, not Grass/Fighting :D

lil-gimli1

Lil-Gimli1
    Years
  • new sprite looks mad
    :P:P:P

Grass/Earth. Above average Sp.Atk Average attack,speed and Defense, below average Sp. Defense. Average HP.

Fire/Rock. above average Defense and HP,average Attack below average Sp. Attack. Sp. Defense. Bad speed.

Water/Ice. above average Speed, Average Attack and Sp.Atk. Below average Sp. Defense,Defense. Average HP.

sorry for double post, but just a question, when will the alpha be up?

anyway, keep working on those sprites

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Let me clear things up about the stats: the starters first forms' stats are complete, for the most part, as well as their basic attack list, unless Mac decides to change anything. This is still subject to change, though. I did take all of your thoughts into consideration, though, so thanks for all of our input!

P.S., if I'm overstepping my boundries, I'm sorry Mac. It won't happen again.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Alright, well, like I've said, I'm all open to opinions, so these stat ideas are great ^^ But let me clear something up: The Grass starter is Grass/Ground, not Grass/Fighting :D
    We decided on it being grass/fighting over MSN, if you'll remember. Ahahah... xD It was a few weeks ago, anyway.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    We decided on it being grass/fighting over MSN, if you'll remember. Ahahah... xD It was a few weeks ago, anyway.
    Well, if that's true, I can just edit the moves a little. The stats that I made will still fit in just fine with the type change XD

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Here's what I think:

Grass/Ground: Atk: *** Def: *** SpAtk: ** SpDef: ** Speed: * HP: **
    Fire/Rock: Atk: ** Def: *** SpAtk: *** SpDef: * Speed: ** HP: **
    Water/Ice: Atk: ** Def: * SpAtk: *** SpDef: ** Speed: ** HP: ***

*** = High stat
    ** = Medium stat
    * = Low stat

MegaMaccer

Years
  • Let me clear things up about the stats: the starters first forms' stats are complete, for the most part, as well as their basic attack list, unless Mac decides to change anything. This is still subject to change, though. I did take all of your thoughts into consideration, though, so thanks for all of our input!

P.S., if I'm overstepping my boundries, I'm sorry Mac. It won't happen again.
    Nope, you are not stepping over your boundaries at all, thats fine ^^

Woops, I remember now... Sorry folks, Squibeel evolves into a Grass/Fighting type ^^
    I think we've got enough opinions on the Stats now guys, I'll try and get something else for you guys to talk about in a little bit ^^

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Nope, you are not stepping over your boundaries at all, thats fine ^^

Woops, I remember now... Sorry folks, Squibeel evolves into a Grass/Fighting type ^^
    I think we've got enough opinions on the Stats now guys, I'll try and get something else for you guys to talk about in a little bit ^^

So are you planning to reveal the stats to everyone or just keep it hidden until the alpha is released?

LOL Now what should we talk about??

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So are you planning to reveal the stats to everyone or just keep it hidden until the alpha is released?

LOL Now what should we talk about??
    Talking abut me bieng AWSOM...
    LOL,just kidding.
    Anyways,when will the vote close it have more then 200/300 votes.
    I Cant wait for the alpha,so exieted on squibeel/meltell.

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    The stats have only been recently created and as such have yet to be tested. Also the movesets are likely to change as well. You will hopefully be pleased, though. Also, aren't the best things in life a surprise anyway?;)

MegaMaccer

Years
  • Finally, an update with screenshots!! S.U.R.F has kindly offered to index sprites for me, so we now have some battle and stat screens to show you from Squibeel! I'll get more up soon hopefully, its just getting late over here, so I can only post this ^^
    Spoiler:

I'm not sure whether to give Squibeel the classic Overgrow, or to change its ability to something else. Ideas on that would be appreciated ^^

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Finally, an update with screenshots!! S.U.R.F has kindly offered to index sprites for me, so we now have some battle and stat screens to show you from Squibeel! I'll get more up soon hopefully, its just getting late over here, so I can only post this ^^
    Spoiler:

I'm not sure whether to give Squibeel the classic Overgrow, or to change its ability to something else. Ideas on that would be appreciated ^^
    The screenies looks great.
    I think Squibeel can have Guts since he evolve into a fighting type or Chlorophyll or how about Natural cure?
    Meltell:Flame body or Magma armor.
    Freezpool:Thick fat or Water veil.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I think the abilities should be the following:

Squibeel- Vital Spirit
    Meltell- Magma Armor
    Freezpool- Water Veil

They have similar effects and seem to fit the Pokémon's appearances. And types.

I don't think it's a bad idea to have Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent, but I think something new such as what I posted might be better.
    We want Torzach to be unique, right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    I don't know about the changes of abilities. You really have to be careful,since an ability can make or break a Pokemon.
    If you do decide on changing them, try to even things out between the three starters, or the "balance of power" might be all messed up...

Example: Magma Armor on Meltell would be somewhat pointless, considering that it will turn out to be a Fire/Rock type, you almost never would use a Ice type attack against it. And even if you did, the chances of being frozen are rather slim.

Vital Spirit on the other hand is extremely useful. If Squibeel is to be a Sweeper, it will benefit greatly from its sleep-immunity. That's because one of the few ways to shut down a sweeping attempt, is to put your opponent to sleep.

As for Water Veil, its not bad, but not good either. It mostly depends on what Freezpools role will be later on. Lets say it'll be a Special sweeper, then Water Veil would be almost useless, since it cuts Freezspool Attack stat, but it is its Special Attack, which it would rely on.
    If it where to be wall(physical or special doesn't matter), Water Veil would be more helpfull, effectivly shutting down Will-o-Wisp.
    On a Physical Set, it would gain the most from its ability, since it would be save from the Attack reducing effect of a burn condition.

So you see, abilties are really important, and you should be very careful when making changes to the starter's abilities.

If you really change them, try picking beneficial ones, that will support the pokemon in what their role in a team would most likely be:

Squibeel- Vital Spirit / Limber /Guts

Meltell- Shed Skin / Shield Dust / Marvel Scale

Freezpool- Water Veil / Water Absorb/ Swift Swim

Now for the explenation:
    Squibeel in my opinion will be a classical sweeper, be it spacial, physical or mixed doesn't matter for the first two option. They'll both be helpful, as they effectively shut down one of the two most hated effects for Sweepers: Sleep and Paralysis. The Third Option would only benefit a Physically inclined set. For a specially focused set, you might want to go with Clorophyll.

Meltell has abbilties that help it fulfill its tanking/walling options. Shed Skin will heal status effects like poison,sleep or paralysis, that might get in the way. Shield dust prevents added effects from happening, most notably flinching and poisoning from poison type moves. Marvel scale will boost its defense even more when afflicted with a special condition, which on a walling set is very helpful.

I don't really know what Freezpool will turn out to be, sweeper,tank,support, but either way one of those abilities will prove helpful. I already talked about water veil before, so that should be clear.
    Water absorb is great for switching in. I would have prefered Dry skin, but that's a D/P ability, so that wasn't an option. But Water absorb should do just fine. Especially if you are good at predicting.
    Swift Swim would be most helpful on an offensive moveset. I don't know if Freezpool will be a fast pokemon, but if its speed stat is anywhere from poor to average this will definately help him out. Set up a rain dance, and start sweeping. Especially since it boost Water type moves. Imaging A STAB Surf, that gains even more Power thanks to raindance ;-)

So sorry for the long post, I'll try to shut up earlier next time, just wanted to point out how important abilties are, and that they should be handled with care ^^
    And as always, this is just me. xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back