• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: PC generating CSS by itself

Years
  • So yeah, PC's text input is continuing it's campaign of hatred against me in a way I didn't even know websites could do.

Basically, when I'm trying to write a CSS heavy post and I preview it, the editor will randomly replicate parts of the CSS code, completely destroying the formatting of the post. This isn't something that I'm doing; the space will be blank when I click preview and once it has loaded the preview there will be a bunch of code in that empty space and everything will be broken.

Anyone know what the heck is going on and how I can make PC stop doing it?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Post what you are trying make in [noparse][/noparse*] tags so we can fix it. Usually messy formatting causes this. i.e. [cd][b]te[i]xt[/cd][/b]text[/i]

Years
  • The specific thing I was working on was lost to my browser crashing. And yes, I was in WYSIWYG mode (Only just actually realised you could switch it out of that), would using the mode that actually shows bbcode rather than the effects stop this?

Years
  • I'll give it a go. Whatever it was it certainly isn't a WYSIWYG feature though. It was replicating entire paragraph long pieces of CSS coding.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'll give it a go. Whatever it was it certainly isn't a WYSIWYG feature though. It was replicating entire paragraph long pieces of CSS coding.

I used to get that too so what I do now is format my post in WYSIWYG and then, before previewing, switching out of that mode xD works like a charm for me.

Back