• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh no, Wallmasters - EVERYONE IN THE CAR

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 500px-Link_vs._Dead_Hand.png

The Zelda topic got me thinking about Wallmasters; creepy as they are, they're pretty creative enemies to defeat. So are Redeads and the Dead Hand.

That being said, what was the most terrifying or creepy enemy that you've ever encountered during your video game playing? It can be anything from any game! Why did those sort of enemies spook you, and how did you deal with them?

TY

Visceroids in C&C Renegade... These guys can pop out of nowhere if you kill too many people with the chemical gun. They are big and scary as hell as they chase you around with a mouth coming out of somewhere. I just whip out my Flamethrower and burn them, which seems super effective

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Does Pyramid Head count, despite its overrated status? Because when that thing starts coming for you, is when you hit panic mode. Also the Guardians from SS' Silent realm are pretty scary in the same way Silent Hill is. Creepy industrial music, an overhead dread filling you, I love it!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Those Metroid enemies that are unbeatable until you get the right weapon for them. I'd say "SCREW THEM" but when you get that it is so satisfying beating them.

But there's one specific Metroid enemy that deserves special mention.
    SA-X_Face.jpg

SA-X

If you're familiar with Metroid games, you should know by the end of them you're normally this overpowered monster with all the equipment you can have and there's nothing that can stop you. In Metroid Fusion, however, throughout the whole game you, stripped down of your powers, are being hunted by a full power Samus Aran. You are the hunted.

What makes the SA-X so effective is the fact it is absolutely unbeatable. It is scary not because it's creepy, but because it's coming to kill you. And you're too weak against it. In the game, you'll see signs and evidence in some areas of it being there, and throughout the game you have to avoid it seeing you because otherwise it's instant death. No ifs, or buts. OK there are sequences where you DO have to confront it to progress, and that's the only time in gaming did I ever actually scream. Taking the thing down (despite how hard it was) was so incredibly satisfying.
    To quote Samus herself:
    "The SA-X. An enemy with my strongest abilities. But does it have reason? Probably not. It's just a killing machine. In my current state, I can't face it head-on. The SA-X is me, only heartless. I must stop it before it learns its potential and threatens the universe..."
    Spoiler:

TY

Also Veinhole Monsters in C&C: Tiberian Sun are scary as hell. Normally you know when to avoid them cause of the veins spreaded around the map, but when i saw this thing for the first time i instantly shut my PC off.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • That one little ghost in Vision 5-2 of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile. Now, they really aren't scary in the traditional sense: Much like all of the other enemies in the game, it's rather cartoony and honestly silly in design. But how it works is what's really scary.

In certain portions of the level, the room will shift between light and dark. In light, the rooms are pretty standard, with generic Moos scattered around and eggs and bubbles and whatnot. But when the lights go out... Oh man.

While the room is dark, every enemy takes on a new, invincible form. While the room is dark, you can't grab them or anything, so it becomes a fight to survive until the lights come back on. But what really bothers a player is the little pink ghost that trails behind. This ghost only appears in the dark, but during this time, it is completely invincible, following you even across the 2.5D planes, being the only enemy capable of going full-on 3D to catch you. The worst part is that when the lights go back off, it will probably be really close to you. Have fun~

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Those Metroid enemies that are unbeatable until you get the right weapon for them. I'd say "SCREW THEM" but when you get that it is so satisfying beating them.

But there's one specific Metroid enemy that deserves special mention.
    SA-X_Face.jpg

SA-X

If you're familiar with Metroid games, you should know by the end of them you're normally this overpowered monster with all the equipment you can have and there's nothing that can stop you. In Metroid Fusion, however, throughout the whole game you, stripped down of your powers, are being hunted by a full power Samus Aran. You are the hunted.

What makes the SA-X so effective is the fact it is absolutely unbeatable. It is scary not because it's creepy, but because it's coming to kill you. And you're too weak against it. In the game, you'll see signs and evidence in some areas of it being there, and throughout the game you have to avoid it seeing you because otherwise it's instant death. No ifs, or buts. OK there are sequences where you DO have to confront it to progress, and that's the only time in gaming did I ever actually scream. Taking the thing down (despite how hard it was) was so incredibly satisfying.
    To quote Samus herself:
    "The SA-X. An enemy with my strongest abilities. But does it have reason? Probably not. It's just a killing machine. In my current state, I can't face it head-on. The SA-X is me, only heartless. I must stop it before it learns its potential and threatens the universe..."
    Spoiler:

Oh man, I was just about to post about this. SA-X makes every moment in the game in which it appears tense. Plus it turns into this abomination:
    Spoiler:

Back