• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Strategies?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Whats your Strategy on playing Pokemon? I mean like Raising Pokemon, Training and Breeding.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This section is just for Black and White discussion, and since this is more than just Black and White, imma throw it over to Pokemon Gaming Central, where there currently doesn't seem to be a thread made covering this. :) Feel free to post any other B/W threads here though that aren't made already though!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I generally try keeping my Pokemon at a same level otherwise there are disasters when a weak Pokemon is needed... Also trying not to keep underleveled ^^. That's about it for me, can't think of any other good statergies.

Years
  • I tend to trade my starter over to someone else who has finished the game to power level it up and send it back over.
    I fly through the game but it kills some of the fun for me :\ I'm just lazy I guess hah.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I generally try keeping my Pokemon at a same level otherwise there are disasters when a weak Pokemon is needed... Also trying not to keep underleveled ^^. That's about it for me, can't think of any other good statergies.
    This is pretty much mine too, I look at what types I might need then keep them all at the same level so I don't have to grind too much when I might need them. And I like to be between 3-5 levels higher than the gym leaders I'm battling before challenging them. Which isn't too hard 'cause I usually go up a level in their gym fighting the minions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I try to make sure that my main team's movesets give me at least 1 super effective advantage against each of the 17 types.

I've also got a few combo attacks I like to use. For my Platinum team, I pair Gliscor and Aerodactyl for a double Earthquake. And one that I'm planning on using for my Black 2 team is to pair Garchomp with Rotom for an Earthquake/Discharge combo.

Other than that, I like to make sure my Pokemon are fairly quick so that they can attack first.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I keep my starter as my strongest Pokemon, with the rest of my team members a few levels behind. I also give them diverse movesets and EV train them, if possible.

Back