• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Cannot connect to perfectly healthy server?

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    swore to God I'd never make one...

K, so I've COMPLETELY uninstalled/reinstalled firefox, reset my cookies and cache x 3 and all that fun stuff, beaten my computer with a stick and I still can't access PC on my sister's computer without using a proxy server. It just 100% refuses to let me connect. oO; I've checked my account and hers. I've got no infractions or warnings [and from what we can tell my sister amithemeek doesn't either] or anything to speak of [and I'm posting which obviously means I'm not banned] but seriously, wth. D: I've been trying for four hours [before I finally gave in an used said proxy] and it's just being stupid. I'm using Mediacom as an internet provider and the computer our router/server is on can access pc just fine. It's just this one that's causing coniptions.

oO; I guess I've just extinguished all my options and it's still not working.

The message I'm getting after 15 minutes of Loading is "Cannot connect to server"

o3o; so yeah.

;; WHAT DID I DO and HOW do I prehaps fix it?

Years
  • swore to God I'd never make one...

K, so I've COMPLETELY uninstalled/reinstalled firefox, reset my cookies and cache x 3 and all that fun stuff, beaten my computer with a stick and I still can't access PC on my sister's computer without using a proxy server. It just 100% refuses to let me connect. oO; I've checked my account and hers. I've got no infractions or warnings [and from what we can tell my sister amithemeek doesn't either] or anything to speak of [and I'm posting which obviously means I'm not banned] but seriously, wth. D: I've been trying for four hours [before I finally gave in an used said proxy] and it's just being stupid. I'm using Mediacom as an internet provider and the computer our router/server is on can access pc just fine. It's just this one that's causing coniptions.

oO; I guess I've just extinguished all my options and it's still not working.

The message I'm getting after 15 minutes of Loading is "Cannot connect to server"

o3o; so yeah.

;; WHAT DID I DO and HOW do I prehaps fix it?

It could be the antivirus on the computer. Does it work in other browsers on the computer without the proxy?

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Not on this computer.

It works just fine on my mom's computer and on my laptop but refuses to work on Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc. No anti virus, firewall, spybot or any other anti program is on and it STILL won't work without a proxy. :<

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Try pinging the IP Rukario gave you and see if you get a reply.

Go to Run
    Type in a click CMD
    ping 174.133.255.180

Years
  • I had a similar problem a while back. My guess is that someone in your IP range was blocked, which is why a proxy server works but conventional browsers do not. PM Rukario with the tracert stuff and he should be able to sort it soon enough.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I'm currently having this problem.

I can't connect with my computer, but my cousin's works just fine. We use the same browser and live less than a mile apart.

I don't know what to do, as I'm only here on some weekends.

Back