• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Galaxy Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
This is an idea my friend had a couple months ago. It's essentially a game where you have a character and the storyteller tells the story of what they do in the game based on a dice roll or a coin flip. I have decided to do my own forum version of that game.

There will be a total of ten characters in the game, each one a forumer. The game will be played in turns, and turns will be skipped if a played is idle for a certain amount of time.

The Rules:
-I, as the storyteller and overseer of the game, shall make all official rulings as to what you can and can't do during your turn.
-I want no spam whatsoever to interrupt the game. That means only game-related things may be posted.
-Don't get mad if things don't go your way.
-I would ask all participants to remain active.

Basic Game Guidelines
-During your turn, you may perform one action. This is a very open-ended game, so you may do anything you want, as long as it's reasonable and within the abilities of your character.
-As a substitute for the dice rolls (a standard game uses a 16-sided die) I will be using an online random number generator. 1, 2, 15, and 16 are favorable outcomes. 3, 4, 13, and 14 are unfavorable outcomes. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are neutral outcomes. If a favorable or unfavorable outcome occurs, I will run the generator again. If the first outcome is favorable, a second favorable outcome is a 'critical', or ultra-favorable outcome; a neutral/unfavorable second run means nothing. If the first outcome is unfavorable, a second unfavorable outcome means that it is ultra-unfavorable; a favorable second run negates the first run; and a neutral means nothing.

About character classes
Character classes are what determine your character'a special abilities and normal abilities, and, if you want to, their personality. Character classes each have a set of stats that factor in the outcomes of the decisions they make and how I tell the story. There are eight stats: attack, defense, speed, coordination, endurance, wisdom, agility, and socialness. Attack is how powerful your character is, defense is how well your character can take hits, speed is how fast your character can run, coordination is how prone to accidents your character is, endurance is how long your character can go doing something, wisdom is how smart your character is, agility is how quick your character's reflexes are and how fast they can move, and socialness is how your character reacts to others. You will be able to choose two of your stats to be boosted and two stats to be lowered as a result.

Character classes to choose from:
Engineer [2x] Base stats: Atk 6 Def 5 Spd 6 Cor 8 End 7 Wis 6 Agi 6 Soc 4
Warrior [3x] Base Stats: Atk 9 Def 7 Spd 6 Cor 7 End 6 Wis 4 Agi 5 Soc 6
Pilot [2x] Base Stats: Atk 5 Def 5 Spd 5 Cor 10 End 9 Wis 7 Agi 7 Soc 4
Scientist Base Stats: Atk 3 Def 4 Spd 6 Cor 8 End 8 Wis 10 Agi 5 Soc 5
Attack Robot [2x] Base Stats: Atk 10 Def 5 Spd 7 Cor 6 End 6 Wis 4 Agi 8 Soc 2
Defense Robot [2x] Base Stats: Atk 5 Def 10 Spd 7 Cor 6 End 6 Wis 4 Agi 8 Soc 2
Robot Engineer [2x] Base Stats: Atk 6 Def 6 Spd 6 Cor 8 End 8 Wis 4 Agi 8 Soc 3
Assassin Base Stats: Atk 8 Def 4 Spd 9 Cor 9 End 5 Wis 6 Agi 8 Soc 4
Hunter [2x] Base Stats: Atk 7 Def 6 Spd 7 Cor 7 End 7 Wis 6 Agi 7 Soc 7
Captain Base Stats: Atk 6 Def 6 Spd 5 Cor 6 End 6 Wis 10 Agi 7 Soc 10

About Ships:
In the game, the characters will all share a ship from the list below. This is where their story will begin. Speed is how fast the ship travels. Defense is how much the ship can withstand. Agility is how well the ship can move around.

Falcon [Speed 7] [Defense 4] [Agility 5] Votes: 1
Wasp [Speed 6] [Defense 2] [Agility 8] Votes: 0
Eagle [Speed 7] [Defense 6] [Agility 4] Votes: 1
Tank [Speed 3] [Defense 11] [Agility 3] Votes: 0

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Story summary:

Current characters:

SparksPKMN
Character Class: Pilot
Atk 5 Def 5 Spd 5 Cor 9 End 7 Wis 7 Agi 7 Soc 7
Inventory:

Synchronous
Character Class: Scientist
Atk 2 Def 4 Spd 6 Cor 8 End 9 Wis 12 Agi 3 Soc 5

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Wow. This all looks pretty elaborate.

I'll be a Scientist. I'll develop your technologies!

And I vote for the Eagle ship.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Okay. Choose two stats you want boosted and two stats you want lowered as a result. You can choose to boost the same stat twice or lower the same stat twice.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Okay.

MOAR WISDOM++

And probably more Endurance.

Although I don't understand how a scientist can have 5 Social points. Like, more than Engineers and Pilots do.

I'll reduce Attack and Agility. Defense Robot can protect me :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Considering there is a defense robot! Not all classes will be used. And I'll get right to adding your character, after I add what the "dice rolls" mean

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Okay, I've been thinking about it, and maybe ten people might be a liiiitle too much, so I've lessened the amount of players to six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back