• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Dalex Yukashi - Slightly Outside Forest.

Dalex had not yet gotten halfway between the forest and the town we he decided that he wanted to head back to the forest.

"Hmm... I wonder if there are any berries around here." He wondered out loud.

He knew if he could find some berries, he could feed them to his pokemon to heal up. He could also kill his hunger until he got to Oak Town. He could also make some of his mother's poke puffs later on if he could find any. He reached to his side and pulled out on ball and threw in the air and his red fletchling popped out.

"Hey Fletchling! Fly into the forest and see if you can find some Oran Berry. If you do, it a few to recover your energy and then come back to me." Dalex said.

'Fletchling!' The red head nodded in agreement and flew off into the woods.

Dalex sat down on the ground and he thought he could here some people talking, in the distance. He wasn't to worry this time. If they saw him, they saw him. He was too hungry to care at the moment. After a few minutes, Fletchling returned with something in its talons. Dalex stretched his hand, and an apple dropped into it.

'Fletchling Fletch!' Fletchling chiped happily, as if it hadn't been in a battle.

"Good job Fletchling and thank you!" Dalex cheered as he hopped back to his feet and took a few bites of the apple that settled his stomach, for the moment. It was not a very big apple due to the fact Fletchling was so small, but it was still an apple.

He looked up as Fletchling took off to the north part of the forest, not as far as they had gone earlier, but it was starting to get thicker, finally a large area opened up and there was berry trees and fruit trees all over the place. Wild pokemon of all kinds played and ate happily. He ran to one oran berry tree and jumped onto the trunk and climbed up like a caterpie. Before he started picking, he let all of his pokemon out.

'Tre-Treecko.'
    'Hawucha haw.'
    'Froa-Froakie.'
    'Fletch Fletch.'

"Hey Hawlucha! Welcome to the team!" Dalex smiled.

'Hawlucha!' The Hawlucha sounded happy.

"Alright guys! Dig in! These are oran berry. They will help your recover your strength from the battle. If you don't get too full, I will buy some poke food for you all in Oak Town. I have plenty of money." Dalex announced.

His pokemon cheered in their cries and started picking and eating oran berry. Dalex felt his pocket to make sure he had his money holder and which he did. He looked in and the poke dollars fluttered around. His parents had given him plenty of money to start with. His mom was a Daycare Keeper, who made a ton of money raising pokemon for trainers and his dad was a archaeologist who made a good amount of money. His parents had told him to spend it wisely because they would only send so much once a month. He had to make the other money by working.

"I need to remember to get some Poke Puff making stuff in Oak Town as well. Not to mention I want to try to buy a camera if they have any. And some stuff for Mom and Dad and my pokemon." He talked to the wind.

He figured he would have enough time to pick berries on the way back to his room, but he wanted to make sure he could carry everything. After his pokemon ate their fair share, he returned to to their pokeballs and he started heading out of the forest once more and toward Oak Town.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Thanks Amber. I appreciate that, you're pretty alright y'know? We're nearly there anyway, the TM shop is just down here."

Sammy led Amber further into Oak Town and down the street that housed the TM shop. She'd had her first visit there only earlier that day so it wasn't difficult to remember where it was located. She had largely cleared out her funds earlier buying two TM's. Throwing in the price if the poffins she was going to have to buy for Valor she'd need to be careful with her cash from now on. Not to mention whatever costs came along with raising a baby Pokémon, which would probably depend entirely on what Pokémon it was.

And the fossil! She'd almost forgotten about it, would the Pokémon that came from the fossil need special food? If things kept on like this she was going to need to get a part time job before long, which would eat into her training time.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Mark Wilson and Helena Geitman

Mark had been occupied most of the day after he had finished up with class. Taking trips to his dorm to study on various moves he could teach his Pokemon, testing out attacks on his team, he had to make sure that he would make it on top in the tournament. So far, Mark felt like he had everything he needed to be a formidable opponent against the other students. He was one of the most experienced trainers in the Raikou Dorm after all. He felt a bit cocky saying that to himself, but that's really what it felt like. Still, he'd always be open to helping out other students get a grasp of the basics if they ever needed too.

Mark was on his way toward Oak Town to browse a few TMs that he could use on his Pokemon, though something quickly distracted him. Mark thought that he'd get over his fear of the Ocean, but as soon as he glanced over the shore, he just froze up. Mark felt a bit ashamed of himself for getting like this. It was just water... really deep water. Mark clenched his fists and took a step forward. He wanted to tackle his fear while he was nearby. Even if it meant stepping right into the water. He bent down to take off his shoes and started to walk along the sand. Taking small steps toward the ocean.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Helena stopped the star jumps she had been repeating to sink to the ground beside Scraggy. The two shared a look, and Helena understood that Scraggy was silently daring her to even try making him run to and from a tree again.

"Ok, no more sprints I promise. But we need to do something to occupy ourselves before this big tournament. Come on, this island is massive…I'm sure we can find somewhere to explore that isn't too out of the way…" she rummaged in her backpack and pulled out the Academy map. She chewed the inside of her cheek as she pondered on where to go next. She caught sight of the vast swathes of blue surrounding the island. Water. Water meant water pokemon. She didn't have a water pokemon. "Bingo!" she exclaimed with an excited clap of her hands. "Come on Scraggy, we're going to go catch ourselves a water pokemon!"

Before Scraggy could even comment or question, Helena had already swung her backpack across her shoulders and had taken off at full speed toward the beach, her tank fluttering violenty behind her. Scraggy let out a yelp and followed clumsily.

When she finally reached the golden sands of the beach, Helena was surprised to see that she wasn't alone. A boy with dark hair was already stood there, his feet in the water and his shoes just to the side. He didn't seem to be moving. Helena couldn't see any pokemon around. He was just…staring. Scraggy panted as he caught up, eyes sliding over to the boy before he looked up at Helena questioningly. Helena shrugged. She looked back to the boy, unsure of how to proceed, as she didn't really want to disturb him.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat quietly, the noise so pathetic that she barely heard it herself. Scraggy elbowed her in the shin sharply. "OWCH, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" she screeched loudly, crouching down and cradling her throbbing shin muscle, glaring at Scraggy.

Mark seemed to be in deep focus. He didn't plan on moving deeper into the water since he wasn't really dressed for the situation. This was as close as he was going to go... or so he thought. Mark instantly jumped up in the air as soon as he heard a female voice shouting nearby. It nearly gave him a heart attack and made him trip face first into the water. Thankfully, it was very shallow, but was still enough to get Mark soaking wet. Talk about embarrassing!

"Oh my gosh…" Helena gaped as the-boy-who-stared-at-the-ocean leapt into the air and face planted the water. If she didn't feel so panicked and guilty about the situation it would be pure comedy. As it was, she sprang up instantly and raced over to him, face flaming red with embarrassment. Her hands hovered over his arm, his shoulder, not sure whether she should grab him to help him up or whether that would cause him to have a full-on heart attack. "I'm so sorry…my Scraggy…such an idiot…are you ok?" she babbled, somewhat incoherently as she knelt down in the shallow water next to him, her knees and shins sodden.

Mark instantly flung his head out of the water and gasped for air, scooting right back and bumping into the girl. He was panting extremely heavily and had a red blush on his face as well. "Ah... ah... um..." Mark paused a moment to look at her. "Er... y-yeah! I'm fine! Er... I uh... just tripped trying to move deeper into the water. Clumps of sand you know? Hahaha..." Mark said, still unable to hide the fact that he was somewhat terrified by the whole situation. His heart pounding, his clothes soaking wet and making him shiver, and there was a witness to his whole situation with the water. He was starting to regret not catching a fire pokemon back at the volcano.

"Oh…right," said Helena, standing up slowly and frowning slightly, looking from the boy to the sea. Tripped over clumps of sand…trying to walk in deeper? Why didn't he just swim…"Why didn't you just swim?" she blurted out, before cringing and cursing her lack of filter, "you know, if you don't mind my asking…sand can be a pain, though. Are you ok? Do you need anything…I don't have any spare clothes I'm afraid, and I don't think mine will fit you, but I have…" she rummaged in her bag and pulled out her empty poffin case. An empty poffin case. She just looked at it and grumbled, shoving it back in her backpack and shaking her head, "I have nothing that will help you dry off, sorry. I'm Helena, by the way," she said by means of introduction, sticking out her hand somewhat awkwardly. The gesture seemed completely out of place given the current situation, but Helena was going with it.

Marks embaressment skyrocketed when she asked why he didn't just swim. What was he supposed to say? That he was afraid of water? "W-Well, I was going to! I just wanted to test the water... that and I'm kinda not dressed for the water. Guess that doesn't matter too much now huh? Heheh..." Mark said, rubbing his head. "I have some spare clothes in my bag, and some swimwear just incase... um... but thanks anyway." He said. Of course, he'd need somewhere to change first. Mark held out his wet hand to shake Helena's. "I'm Mark. Mark Wilson." He'd reply.

"It's nice to meet you Mark Wilson. Even in these somewhat less-than-normal circumstances," Helena shook his hand firmly before walking into the shallows herself and looking out to the ocean. She could care less that her sneakers were currently completely submerged, and that her socks were becoming more and more sodden with each passing second. The sea breeze was cooling on her face as she tied her hair into a braid down her back.

"What dorm are you in? I'm in the Raikou dorm but it's actually my first day here. Scraggy and I wanted to get some exploring done before the tournament begins," she gestured back toward Scraggy, who was examining the surface of the water with interest, with her thumb. "I figured I'd get about to catching a water pokemon out here," she continued, mainly to herself rather than in conversation with Mark.

Mark seemed to be shivering in his outfit... but he tried to ignore it as best as he could, despite how obvious it was. He looked down to notice her shoes getting soaked by the water but decided not to comment on it. She didn't seem bothered. "O-oh! You too? I'm also in the Raikou Dorm. So you're entering the tournament too huh? Heh..." Mark had a confident smirk on his face. His arms were wrapped around himself, mostly from his fear of the ocean and by how cold he was. "Well if your searching for a Water Pokemon then your in the right place. I'd picture there's alot more Pokemon deeper in the water though. A couple of them end up on the shore though so it depends on what your looking for." He added.

Turning to observe Mark, Helena raised an eyebrow at his shivering form, the arms wrapped around himself and the tremor in his voice. He was sopping wet, and the cool sea breeze that felt so pleasant against her skin must have felt like an arctic chill for him. "Maybe you should…you know…change or something, Mark? If you have clothes…you must be cold, you're soaking wet," she turned her face back to the ocean, partly pondering his words and partly to give him some privacy should he decide to change.

"I don't know if I'll enter. I've just started like I said, so it would be pretty ridiculous for me to expect to beat people who've been studying here for time, but I think it would be good experience, and it would always be entertaining to watch. I assume you're entering?" Pokemon deeper in the ocean…Mark was probably right. But how would she get there. She'd have to swim…but she didn't have her costume, and she really didn't want to get as wet as Mark.

Mark sighed. Well he would get pretty darn sick if he didn't. That'd be pretty darn bad with the tournament coming and all. Nobody else was around so it'd probably be alright. "Yeah your probably right... J-just don't look!" He said as he tugged off his wet shirt. Already he felt extremely relieved as the cool sea breeze hit him. "But yeah you should totally join the tournament! Even if your new to the whole thing, it'd be a good experience! Even if you end up losing, sometimes that's just one of the best ways to learn about your team! I know that from experience." Mark said as he tossed his wet shirt to the side and reached into his bag.

Rolling her eyes, Helena scoffed as Mark asked her not to peek at him changing. "Don't worry, stud, I won't peek. Unless you're Brock in disguise. Then it's all fair," she crossed her arms and felt a slight pull on her tank top. She looked down to see that Scraggy had waded in after her, and the water was up to his knees. Of course she had taught Scraggy to swim during their years together. Looking out to the ocean an idea lit up in Helena's mind.

"Hey Scraggy, how do you fancy going for a bit of a swim out there," she pointed in the general direction of the ocean, "and see what Pokemon are hanging around. Don't go too far, though, keep me in sight at all times, got it?" "Scrag!" Scraggy barked the affirmative, diving into the water and swimming off slowly. His loose-pant-skin created a certain amount of drag, but the scarf-belt seemed to help.

Helena frowned before taking out Rufflet's poke ball and releasing the bird. "Rufflet, can you follow Scraggy and just circle him? keep an eye out, make sure he doesn't get himself into any trouble…" Rufflet took off and Helena sighed deeply, "God knows if any of them will get into trouble it's Scraggy…"

Mark chuckled at the comment about Brock. He could take a wild guess who she admired. While Scraggy was being sent out to swim in the water, Mark had finished changing into a dry pair of clothes and thankfully, without any spectators! All he changed was his Shirt and Pants. Anything else was a bit much for Mark to handle out in public. He left his shoes off of course since his feet were still covered up in sand. He tugged up his spare set of jeans and called out to Helena. "Alright, you can look. I'm all set." Mark said as he buttoned himself up. His wet clothes were sitting on a small towel that Mark had placed on the ground. He was looking out to the Scraggy swimming out in the ocean. He had no idea those things could swim...

"Thanks, stud," laughed Helena, intending the term as a sarcastic nickname. "Feel better now you're not drenched? If you were planning on swimming why didn't you put your swim clothes on in advance? Seems a bit of an oversight, you might want to remember that next ti-"

"SCRAAAAAAAAAAG!" came a loud cry from the ocean. Helena's head snapped round to where Scraggy was flailing about in the ocean. It looked as though he were desperately trying to get away from something, but she didn't know what, she couldn't get a clear view.

"SCRAGGY!" she yelled, wading through the water as quickly as she could until it was up to her waist, looking round in panic. "RUFFLET! HELP SCRAGGY, HOWEVER YOU CAN!" She watched as Rufflet plummeted from the sky in his Fly attack, connecting with something before disappearing below the ocean's surface. All was calm for a second before Rufflet shot back up, and the calamity continued. It looked as though Rufflet hadn't been able to stop whatever was attacking Scraggy. Helena pulled her backpack off her shoulders and began swimming in Scraggy's direction, though her water-sodden clothes were slowing her down substantially. She would never get there in time.

Mark was shocked when he heard Scraggy shouting out in the distance. This was giving Mark a serious case a Deja Vu. This was just like when he almost drowned from those Frillish. Whatever was in there was probably about to do the same with Scraggy. To make matters worse, Helena was about to rush in after him! No time to think about it! Mark reached into his bag and threw out a Pokeball containing Len, his Poliwraith!

"Len! Grab that Scraggy! And get Helena too!" Mark shouted. The Poliwraith nodded and jumped right into the water. Len was an extremely powerful swimmer so he was able to move through the water at insanely fast speeds! "Len! Use Brick Break on whatever's down there!" Mark shouted. Len had no idea what he was targeting, but he quickly held up his arm and hit the submerged Pokemon with a powerful blow! Whatever Pokemon he hit was huge! Thankfully though it gave Len plenty of room to save the Scraggy and swim back. Len grabbed Helena on the way back, setting them on the shore. Whatever was back there probably wouldn't be too happy with that last attack though so it'd only be a mater of time before it revealed itself.

The incident passed by in one big blur. Helena was already swimming out to sea, and so didn't hear Mark intervene and release Len. All of a sudden she was swept from the waves. She yelped and beat the arm holding onto her, instinctively fighting against the thing that was attacking her Scraggy. Before she knew it she was lying flat on her back on the beach, coughing up nasty seawater that burned her throat. Looking to her side she saw Scraggy also spluttering and let out a sharp noise in relief, rolling over and crawling over to Scraggy. "Oh, Scrag, I'm so sorry. You're ok, I'm so sorry I sent you out there, I didn't…" she exhaled slowly and stood up, resting her hands on her thighs to steady herself. She blinked and looked over to Mark, noticing Len stood on the shore also. She frowned, her brain slowly putting two and two together. Her eyes widened in realisation and she blinked at Mark. He'd saved her and Scraggy. "Thank you…Mark, thank you so much…and you, thank you too," she said sincerely, addressing Len.

"You two alright? It's not over yet." Mark asked. Len kept a close eye on the Ocean, readying himself for battle.

The moment of sentiment was interrupted, however, when a loud noise and a crashing wave broke on the shore. Helena looked around reluctantly and saw what could only be described as a tank of a Wailmer. She'd never seen one in real life before, and couldn't believe how monumental the Pokemon was. Nor how it was looking at her, Scraggy, Mark and Len as though ready to take them all out with one attack. Instinctively she reached to her belt and pulled out Joltik's poke ball, releasing the arachnid. "Joltik, Electroweb that Wailmer!" she instructed, feeling calm in the face of battle. She understood battles. This was more like it. Joltik's Electroweb wrapped partially around Wailmer, and the Pokemon cried out as it were zapped. Already weakened by Rufflet's Fly and Len's Brick Break, the super-effective lightning attack seemed to take a lot out of the Pokemon. "You're mine," growled Helena, pulling an empty poke ball from her backpack and throwing it toward the Wailmer. Wailmer disappeared and time seemed to stand still as the poke ball shook once, twice, three times before stopping. Wailmer had been caught! Just one problem. "Ok, I've just caught this pokemon, and I really, REALLY don't like it already," grunted Helena, pushing her wet, almost black hair from her face as though to emphasise why. "How the hell am I supposed to train it? Or even care for it!" She growled in frustration and flopped to the sand heavily. "I should have just knocked it out."

Mark and Len just watched as Helena took out the Wailmer. He actually wanted her to handle it, considering what it almost did to Scraggy. Mark sat down next to Helena.

"I think your underestimating your new catch there. Part of being a trainer is working around this sort of thing. If anything, I think you have plenty of room to train it right here!" Mark said, pointing out to the Ocean. "I hear they're capable of battling on land as well. They're as dense as air so working under both conditions could make it into one heck of a battler..." Mark paused, noticing he was rambling about battle strategies again. He couldn't help himself though. "I actually had a Pokemon on my team that was absolute hell to control, but through alot of hard work, it became one of my most valuble teammates." He'd add before looking down at the two. He was glad that he was there to save the two. Guess that was just fate doing its job.

"Besides that, are you two alright? That was one heck of a scare."

"Thanks for the advice, Professor Stud…" grumbled Helena, tracing patterns in the damp sand with her finger, her brows furrowed and voice sulky. She huffed. That was unfair, Mark had saved her and she was giving him her teenage attitude problems. "Seriously, thank you for sending Len. That was so cool of you, we would have been toast without you. Or sushi," her mouth quirked up into a half smile at her own pathetic attempt at humour, "whichever way you look at it really. I'm good, just a bit damp," she smiled wryly at her own understatement. She was soaked, and unlike Mark she didn't have the foresight to bring a change of clothes. But she wasn't cold, must be the adrenaline coursing through her veins still. "And I think Scraggy's ok, aren't you boy?" Scraggy nodded the affirmative, seemingly tired. Helena returned him to his poke ball alongside Rufflet and Joltik. "You three rest up for a while." She paused and took a few deep breaths. "I'll train Wailmer. I did say that I wanted a water type, and at least I know that he or she's got decent strength. And I'm sure I'll get to like him or her. Eventually." Helena didn't sound all too convinced. "So, aside from Len who else do you have on your team?"

Mark gave a faint blush at being jokingly called Professor Stud again but shrugged it off. Len walked over to Scraggy and sat beside him, giving the little guy a pat on the head. "Oh yeah! I got a couple more Pokemon on my team... heheh. My partner Snype is hanging out in his ball still. He's a Sableye. He's a bit exsausted from the last class so I want him to get rested up before the tournament starts. Haha." Mark said. "I'd offer one of my spare sets of clothes but I dunno if you'd wanna walk around looking like me. Or at least sit around until yours drys off." Mark joked. "If not, I have a towel you could use to."

"Sure, I'm not averse to cross-dressing," shrugged Helena, turning to Mark with a completely straight face. She suspected that he had expected her to turn his offer of dry clothing down, but hell she was sopping wet, she didn't care if she looked like a guy. She wore jogging pants and tank tops anyway, she was hardly the most feminine of dressers, and her muscular shoulders weren't exactly dainty and delicate.

"A Sableye, huh, interesting pokemon. I bet he's a character. It's cute how you call him your partner. I consider Scraggy my partner, and Rufflet and Joltik…and now Wailmer too I guess…of course, but Scraggy is my numero uno compadre. We've just been together for so long now, he's much more than just a pokemon to me. It's like he gets me, he's my best friend as well as my pokemon," she laughed and scuffed the toe of her sneaker into the sand, "despite the whole him not speaking English thing we just communicate. We get each other. I guess that's what happens when you travel around with one Pokemon for so long."

Mark was actually surprised that she took the offer for his spare set of clothes. He was going to make a comment if his friends spotted her... but he figured that it'd be funnier if his friends found out first hand. Mark reached into his bag and pulled out a new set of clothes. His whole attire was included in there. "Heh, me and Snype have been together for a long time. Funny enough though, Len here was my first Pokemon but training Snype was a pretty memorable experience. Its a pretty long story. Haha." Mark said as he moved the bag closer to Helena.

"Len, Snype, and my Porygon, Commodore were each my first three Pokemon. I've since expanded my team but heh... I'll leave the other half a surprise for the tournament. You'll just have to participate if you wanna see them in action!" Mark said with a grin.

"A Porygon too, huh? Sound like an impressive team you have with you. I look forward to seeing your other Pokemon too," laughed Helena, pulling Mark's offered bag closer to her and reaching inside.

"Actually it's a Porygon-Z but your close! Haha" Mark joked.

"Oh ok, Professor Pedantic Stud. I look forward to seeing your Porygon-Z in action," Helena rolled her eyes with a grin and pulled a pair of dark jeans and a blue polo out of Mark's bag. Luckily Mark's clothes didn't look like they'd be ridiculously baggy on her.

"I'm going to change. If you peek then I swear I will send out Joltik to electrocute you into next week," she warned as she stood up, pointing at Mark with raised eyebrows before making her way a little way off and changing. She needed to roll up the legs of the jeans somewhat, and the jeans fell pretty loosely around her hips, but otherwise it wasn't as bad as she'd expected. She made her way back over to Mark and laid her wet clothes out on the sand to dry. "Thanks, it feels good to be dry!" she laughed, wriggling her toes in the sand.

Mark of course, turned around while she was changing to give some privacy. So did Len, even though that sort of thing didn't even bother him. He was just taking after Mark. Once she was done he turned around and looked at her new attire. "Glad to help. They seem like a decent fit at least!" Mark said with a grin. Len seemed to delay turning around but he sat down with the group as soon as he did.

"So when do we need to be heading back?" asked Helena, looking up to the sky before pulling her Xtransciever out of her bag to check the time. "I'm not planning on training much ahead of the tournament, I'm more just going to take part for the fun of it, but obviously if you want to train at all I'd be happy to help out. Though I'm sure you're far too strong for me, with your Porygon-Z and all" she grinned, nudging Mark with her elbow.

Mark smiled. "Haha, well I don't wanna brag or anything... there could be alot of surprises in the tournament! Funny enough I was thinking of doing some training. I have two members on my team that could use some training. Ya know, if you wanna do a one on one. Heh. They aren't exactly as strong as the rest of my team yet." Mark said.

"Yeah, ok, I guess I can give Wailmer a spin, see if I can battle with him and not…fully hate him…" she said hesitantly, as though struggling to imagine a time when she would be able to battle with the troublesome water pokemon without holding a dislike for it. Standing up she brushed sand from the backs of her legs and took her belt holding her poke balls from her bag. She fastened it around her waist and turned to face Mark.

"Let's go then, Professor Stud, let's see what you got."

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

Amber smiled at the half-compliment, ignoring the small part of her mind telling her just how wrong Sammy was. She looked around at Oak Town, finding it a bit more crowded than expected, but not quite urban enough to pull off most of her tricks. She'd have to start getting creative with her schemes if she ran out of funds. She thought she spotted an odds-and-ends type store near the edge of town, and mentally noted to head there next. But first, the TMs.

Amber strolled into the TM store, picked up a small shopping basket, and started to browse. Amber picked up a TM, examining it closely. "TM 45: Attract. If it is the opposite gender of the user, the target becomes infatuated and less likely to attack." Amber could think of one Pokemon in particular that would love that attack. She dropped it into her basket and continued her browsing. Looking over at Valor, she figured he could use a new TM and started checking out the Flying type TMs. She absent-mindedly began reading small snippets of their descriptions out loud.

"Hm... nimbly strikes... blade of air...corkscrewing attack... ups the speed-" she mumbled, then was cut off by a loud screech from Valor. She stopped and picked up the last one she'd read. "Tailwind: The user whips up a turbulent whirlwind that ups the Speed of all party Pokémon for four turns," she read. Valor nodded, eliciting a smirk from Amber as she added it to her basket. "Yep, that sounds nerdy enough for you," she remarked with a laugh.

He basket full of two TMs, she was about to go check out when the name of a TM caught her eye. She walked back over to it and picked it up. "Bounce: The user bounces up high, then drops on the target on the second turn. It may also leave the target with paralysis." she read. She suddenly had the terrifying mental image of a tiny spider Pokemon rocketing several feet into the air before landing on an opponent's face. This was followed immediately by the image of sailing through the air on the back of a Ponyta before crashing down to earth, leaving a crater in her wake. She stared at the price in dismay, realizing she would probably be broke if she bought two more TMs. Then she noticed there was another TM right next to it. It looked nearly identically, but it had a small sticker declaring that it was "reusable". It was more expensive, but cheaper than buying two of the same TM. Grumbling about having to pay for anything in general, she added the last TM to her cart and went over to the counter.

After purchasing her TMs, along with some mandatory invention called the TM Case, she went back outside. She still needed to visit that odds-and-ends store, and she'd promised to buy some poffins for Sammy's little troublemaker. She turned to Sammy. "So, what next? I dunno where the poffins are, but I'd like to check out that store over there later."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi - Oak Town

Dalex walked through the streets of Oak City. He wanted look at the TM's that were available at the shop. He knew, soon, he would have the chance to teach his pokemon some new moves. He walked into to the shop and was astonished by the TMs, There was hundreds of disks that contained TMs.

"Wow....." He said to himself, looking at all the floppy disk like things. He took a basket form the door and started looking around.

Hmm. I have grass, fighting, water, flying, and I will soon have fire. Because Fletching will become part fire once it evolves. So... Let's go to flying first. He thought to himself as he walked over to the section labeled flying.

He picked up reusable Sky Drop and Aerial Ace and placed them in his basket. He moved over to the fire section next and picked up Flamethrower and Fire Blast and placed them in the basket with the other two.

"Hmm... Acrobatics might be a good one to pick up as well." He told himself as he went back over to the flying section and picked it up as well.

He looked at his basket, he was sure he had enough money for them, but he wasn't sure about other things. Still he went over to grass next. He had already had energy ball. His dad had given him that TM before he left to come here. He looked at solarbeam for a long time, but for now decided to skip it. He went to fighting section next and quickly picked of Brick Break. He would have picked up Focus Blast, but decided against it. He looked at the dark section for a while, but decided he didn't need any right away. He moved to Ice section and picked up Ice Beam and placed it in his basket. He looked at his basket and decided to put Fire Blast away. Because although it was a strong move, it had lower accuracy and couldn't do it more than 5 times without special training. He decided he was done and went to the counter. He wasn't sure if they had HM's or not, but figured they didn't. He placed his basket on the counter and the counter person rung up the TM's.

"That is a good amount of TM's you have there. Do you have enough for all of these lad?" The counter person asked.

"Yep." He answered as he pulled out the money and gave the person the money cost that was on the digital register.

After accepting the TM's, he placed them in his TM Case he had to buy and walked out. Up next, he decided to go to the Poke Mart to buy some balls. He bought 20 normal pokeballs, 5 dive balls, 5 timer balls and 5 dusk balls. He received 2 premiers for free. Up next, he walked to the Odds-and-Ends Store in hopes of finding a camera and some stuff to send to his parents. He walked in and started looking around. He picked up a Berry Bag that could hold many berries. He looked the vanity items and other things, but decided he needed to make some money first before he got anything for his parents. He finally found a section of cameras. There was many types of cameras, from night cameras to underwater cameras. Finally, he found the perfect one. It was a bright orange color and came with a matching bag, a wifi where he could upload pictures to the internet from anywhere, and it had settings for underwater, night, day, and everything. He fell in love with the camera. He looked at the price and gasped.

"Holy Miltank... if I was to buy this, it would be all my money... I wouldn't have any left... but... it... is... so.... AWESOME!" He bit his lip, trying to convince himself not to buy it.

If I bought this camera... I could get Mom and Dad some souvenirs myself... and I could possibly even sell some of my photos.

He looked at the camera for ages, and then something struck his mind. If I was to buy this camera, I might be able to prove if the deep woods is really haunted or not...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy waited outside while Amber made her TM selections, deciding it was best not to go inside in case she lost her self control and emptied her pockets picking out TM's for her Pokémon. It still felt less natural trying to hold a conversation or a friendship with another girl rather than someone like Mark but that didn't mean it wasn't worth trying, did it? Normally girls didn't go gallivanting around a volcano with boys after all... but then again, normal was as boring as sin and didn't get you a Ponyta.

Whatever else happened today, whether she became fast friends with Amber, looked good, revived a fossil or whatever, she had to beat Mark. Even if not directly than at least in the tournament standings. She was sick of playing second fiddle to his "I'm the most experienced trainer in the Raikou Dorm" shtick. If he brought that up one more TIME she was going to have Cubone Brick Break his butt. Just thinking about it made her angry - she hadn't realised how fed up with his attitude she was getting. He was still her friend but without Valorie and Lucia around to give him serious competition he was getting seriously full of himself. Heck, if she really was his friend it was practically her duty to take him down a peg or seven. Today was the day.

She blinked and looked up when Amber emerged from the store. How long had she spent thinking about how much she wanted to beat Mark?

"There's a store just down the street that sells Pokémon food and they stock a few Poffins too. We can hit them up then you can check out that other store if you want."​

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2015
    Xander Blaze

After leaving the central building, Xander headed to what would be his residence for some time. Upon entering, he saw that it was a small-ish, apartment-ish living quarters. Located near the Suicune Dorm, this residence had the advantage of being closer to the brightest students in the academy, and only a short walk away from the academy battlegrounds. After unpacking some of his essential belongings and flopping himself face-down on the bed for a few minutes, he decided it'd be best to acquaint himself with the rest of the island as soon as possible.

"GENGAAAAR!?"
    Xander chuckled. "Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to lounge around in our new pad later. There's more to see outside, though, not to mention the tournament later today." Heading out and making triply sure to lock the door on the way out, he first decided to head to Oak Town.

A short walk later, Xander was nearing Oak Town when he noticed two students (so he presumed from their age) standing just outside the town limits. Xander's brow furrowed. It didn't take a Staraptor's eyesight to see two things: first, the boy's hand clamped tightly around the girl's wrist; second, the frightened look in the girl's eyes. It was quite clear to Xander that she did not want to be anywhere near this boy. Walking towards them with a discreetly cold look in his eyes, he called out slightly as he approached: "Hey, what's going on over here?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi - Oak Town

Dalex continued to look at the orange camera that he had fallen and love with. Many scenarios went through his head as he looked at the high tech camera. He looked around, to see if he could find a worker. There was an older male at the counter. He had a stern look in his eyes as he watched everyone come in and out. Finally, Dalex walked over to him.

"Excuse me sir, by a chance, could I happen to buy that orange camera over there for a little less?" Dalex asked, defeat already in his eyes.

The man at the counter looked down at Dalex and smiled.

"I see you have a nice eye. My guess is you love photography."

"Yes sir, very much. I also would love to buy it to take photos around the island and make my own souvenirs with it form around the island." Dalex said.

"I guess you just got here didn't you?" The man asked.

"Yes sir, just an hour or so ago."

The man looked at the camera and back at Dalex and then turned around and faced Dalex again, rubbing his chin with his hand.

"I'll tell you what, only a real photographer would want a camera like that worth so much. You can pay half today, but tomorrow, you come work for me and help pay it off. You should have it payed off in a few weeks if you work hard enough. I guess you would also get some money here and there, so you can pay me later. I can see you are a good gentleman and I can tell you like being out doing stuff. Go ahead, take the camera and everything it comes with and come back here tomorrow after classes and I will put you to work."

Dalex's body filled with joy. He quickly walked over to the camera and picked it up, and placing it in the bag. He put everything else he had picked up and placed it on the counter, leaving him with a few thousand pokedollars left.

"Thank you so much sir! I will be back tomorrow as soon as I finish class!" Dalex exclaimed.

"Glad to help, can't wait to start working with you! For now, go enjoy your first day here. By the way, that camera also runs on solar power as well as electricity. You may want to go find an electric pokemon. The map you received should have a list of where some can be found." The man said as he watched Dalex leave.

Dalex was so excited as he exited the store. He sat down on the bench that was just outside the store and looked at his C Gear. It was about noon, if his C Gear hadn't already lost time or sped up. He then started studying his map to see where to go next.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Helana and Mark- Wailmer vs Xerox

"Yeah, ok, I guess I can give Wailmer a spin, see if I can battle with him and not…fully hate him…" she said hesitantly, as though struggling to imagine a time when she would be able to battle with the troublesome water pokemon without holding a dislike for it. Standing up she brushed sand from the backs of her legs and took her belt holding her poke balls from her bag. She fastened it around her waist and turned to face Mark.

"Let's go then, Professor Stud, let's see what you got."

Mark smirked and fastened up his belt too. Kara would have a serious disadvantage in this fight... but he still had one team member that he needed to train up. "Heheh. Well bring him on out! You fought the Wailmer in a fair fight. I'm sure it'll at least obey you. Heres to a good battle!" Mark said confidently.

"Here goes nothing," mumbled Helena, pulling Wailmer's poke ball from her belt. "Go, Wailmer!" She threw the ball out in front of her and watched as the colossal whale emerged with a cry. She gulped slightly. How big would this tank be once it evolved..?

Mark smirked. Time to see how well this big guy did against himself! "Go Xerox!" Mark shouted out. As he threw the ball, a Ditto emerged out of it! As soon as it plopped onto the battlefield, it'd immediately transform into the Wailmer in front of it! "Heh. Oughta be good training for the both of us this way!" Mark said.

"A ditto. Really. Now I have to battle a Wailmer...with a Wailmer," Helena said flatly with a raised eyebrow. The two whales faced each other on the makeshift battlefield and Helena simply watched for a moment. Wailmer on Wailmer. "Ok, not what I was expecting but that's always good I guess. Let's get going!" Helena hopped a little between both feet, getting the blood circulating, she felt it was so important for a trainer to be physically prepared for a battle. No good just standing there, immobile and useless.

"Wailmer, let's go with a Rollout to start!" instructed Helena, realizing that she actually wasn't entirely sure of Wailmer's movepool. She pulled out her pokedex and aimed it at Wailmer, reading the information on screen with a raised eyebrow. Wailmer could turn himself into a bouncing ball? Interesting. She watched as Wailmer flew over toward the Ditto-Wailmer in a Rollout attack.

Mark wasn't quite sure on the Wailmer's movepool either. Its times like these where having some form of Pokedex would be really useful right now. If he didn't stop that Rollout though, it'd eventually crush him.

"Xerox, know any moves that can stop that Rollout?" Mark asked. The Wailmer focused on the battle once more and gave that big grin of his. As soon as it caught sight of the opponent, it'd use Astonish in the hopes of causing a flinch! That would stop Rollout from getting stronger if it worked.

Helena watched as Wailmer smoothly changed direction, heading back toward Xerox for the second, stronger Rollout hit. Wailmer was hit by the Astonish, but it just seemed to keep going in its' Rollout attack. Helena wasn't sure whether to cheer Wailmer on or not - would he even be able to hear her whilst using Rollout?

Mark figured Astonish wouldn't be too reliable in this situation. This Wailmer was freshly caught so Mark didn't expect to have any top of the line strategys or anything. He had to work with what he had and even then, the playing field was pretty evened out. Xerox was hit once more by the Rollout attack and this time, it'd hit even harder then before.

"Alright lets keep trying Xerox. Astonish once more! We need to stop that Rollout as soon as we can!" Mark called out. Xerox nodded and once again and attempted to move closer to its opponent's face to give it a good scare!

Helena watched as the Astonish caused Wailmer to stop in his tracks. Damn, flinching…no bother. Helena's brows knitted together. She'd lost the advantage of the increasingly strong rollout, which was annoying, but she knew one skill that Wailmer had that she may be able to utilise.

"Wailmer! Be a bouncy ball!" Helena's sweat drop was practically visible as Wailmer looked at her a bit blankly. "Water…store up your water and bounce! Jump up and down!" she explained, jumping up into the air herself as if to demonstrate. Wailmer watched and suddenly did the same. His first attempt was a bit flat, but then he seemed to expand slightly and he bounced higher until he was bouncing into the air rhythmically.

Mark tilted his head, wondering what that Wailmer was up to. "Hm... Xerox, lets see if we can turn the tables. What other moves does this Wailmer know?" Mark wondered. Xerox didn't have a whole lot to work with, but if anything, he could stop Rollout from doing as much damage. He used Growl to intimidate the opponent and decrease its attack power.

The Growl had decreased Wailmer's attack power, but Helena didn't think that it affected Wailmer's Special Attack power…not that she was sure, hence why she was at the trainer academy in the first place! It was the best idea she had to go with, however. "Ok Wailmer, bounce over the…other Wailmer…and when you're directly above use Water Gun on its' head!" 'That was a mouthful,' thought Helena, 'if I use that again I'll need to shorten it into a more succinct phrase,' she watched as Wailmer bounced over the opponent in one big leap, shooting a Water Gun down toward it at the height of the jump.

Xerox looked above as the Water Gun hit it head on. It resisted the move pretty darn well though thanks to its tanky nature. At this rate, the battle would take forever to finish. "This guy is going to have alot of trouble against other water types unless it learns something to counter them. Alright let's see what else we can use." Mark said. Xerox quickly went to the next move it could remember, which was Whirlpool. Xerox bounced up into the air and shot a streaming swirl of water out of its blow hole to trap its opponent in a Whirlpool.

The Whirlpool engulfed Wailmer, the pokemon squeezing his eyes shut against the vortex. Helena watched as the Whirlpool broke, though she knew that the move would continue to deal a small amount of damage every turn. That just meant that she had to end this quicker. "Wailmer, good job, now let's go for another Rollout!" Wailmer began to rapidly steamroll toward Xerox.

"Xerox! Counter with the same attack!" Mark called out. Xerox would mimic the Wailmer's attack and roll right into the opponent, causing him to ricochet back a bit. It was turning into a gigantic pinball machine with these two!

Xerox's counter-Rollout hit Wailmer, causing him to swing to the side slightly. Luckily he had been gaining momentum for the second Rollout, and he swung around, aiming once more for Xerox. It certainly did look as though it was who rolled hardest! Helena glanced up at Mark, her face pulled in concentration before turning her attention back to the battle.

The two seemed to keep hitting eachother back and forth, not letting up as their attacks kept getting stronger and stronger! Someone would either have to miss completely, or get a good enough hit to end it here. The two seemed to keep going back and forth for a few turns. "Hang in there Xerox!" Mark called out.

"Come on Wailmer! Bounce!" shouted Helena, aware that Wailmer had taken a fair few hits and wasn't the strongest Pokemon having just been caught. She watched as on the third time round, a pretty strong Rollout, Wailmer powered toward Xerox. At just the last minute Wailmer drew in water and bounced off the ground. Soaring through the air, Wailmer's attack hit Xerox directly on the head. Helena's hand flew to her mouth. That looked like it were a hard hit.

Xerox seemed to have a delaed reaction from the sudden hit to the head. The impact caused the Ditto to roll out of control and tumblr into the water, as well as transform back into its original blobby form. It was knocked out cold! A critical hit! "Guess we still have some work to do. Good job Xerox." Mark said as he returned the Ditto back into its ball. "Yikes! Nice move there! I guess you'll have something to use if you ever fight another Wailmer! I'd say it'd be good to teach him some other types of attacks via TM soon though... good battle though!" Mark said.

Helena blinked as Xerox fainted in the water. She let out a loud WOOP and punched the air with a leap, rushing over to Wailmer, who was panting heavily. "Nice work buddy! I'm so excited to have you on the team!" she gushed as she sprayed a Potion over Wailmer's blue hide, slowly rubbing the medicine in to the skin. Wailmer was watching Helena not at all uncomfortably, it seemed as though Helena and Wailmer had bonded somewhat during their victory, and he allowed Helena to continue treating him as his breath returned to normal. "That really was awesome, you're so strong! Well done Wailmer. Now have a good rest," she smiled and winked, returning Wailmer to his Pokeball. She put her hands on her hips and grinned at Mark.

"Thanks Professor Stud! That was fun. It was good to see what Wailmer can do. You're completely right, I'll definitely look into new moves to teach him. As an expert, anything pop into your mind?"

Mark rubbed his chin a bit. "Hmm... well, he's a Water Pokemon so maybe he can learn some kind of Ice move? It'd help with potential grass types. As for electric types, maybe there's a TM to teach him some form of Ground move? It's pretty darn big after all. Still, a move is one thing. A proper strategy is a totally different thing entirely. Hmmm..." Mark wasn't sure what moves Wailmer could learn via TM, so developing a strategy on the spot would be difficult for him.

"I have a suggestion," said Helena with a grin, reaching into her bag and pulling out her Xtransciever, tapping away on the screen for a moment before looking back up to Mark, "how about we team up and you provide all the strategy, all the behind-the-scenes donkey-work and I'll be the enigmatic poster girl for the whole operation. You seem to know a fair amount about strategy, I would way up your street cred. Although we can't really pass off for twins. Unless you grow your hair out and grow a couple inches taller, then we may get away with it." She unclasped her poke ball belt and looped it through the waist of the jeans she'd borrowed from Mark, fastening it tightly and feeling instantly more secure as the pants fit more snugly around her hips. "Shall we make our way back to the Academy? I'm now obviously 100% ready to go and win this tournament thing."

Mark crossed his arms and tilted his head. "Haha, well, as tempting as that sounds and as much as I'd like to get more "street cred" I think I can handle my own fights. Haha. But hey I'm all for giving you some advise on strategies and stuff! I have another friend that I usually talk with but she never wants to train with me or get help from me. Heh. We're kinda rivals like that I suppose." Mark laughed slightly.

"And twins huh? Haha. You know, in those clothes, I bet you could pass as my sister if anything!" He joked.

Looking Mark up and down Helena narrowed her eyes pensively. "Has anyone ever told you that you don't look particularly strong? No offense or anything, but you're just…you don't seem all that sturdy a physicality. How long does it take you to run three miles?" Upon hearing that she could pass for Mark's sister, Helena let out a loud, barking laugh. "Someone else's sister? No thanks. I have enough dealing with the younger brat at home. If anyone mistakes me for your sister I will punch them in the face. Again, no offence intended."

Mark seemed to be more focused on the first comment about him not being exactly strong! Way to rub salt in the wound. "Huh? Really? I figure I'm at least decently fit. I do alot of walking and running with my Pokemon and all. Maybe its all in the legs or something? Haha... your not the first one to say that." Mark said with a shy laugh.

"Seriously, like I said, no offence! I'm not saying you look unfit. You're not fat or anything, you just don't look the strongest in terms of muscular development," she studied him closely before smiling. "You're in luck. We can train together and I can help you get physically stronger, which is VERY important for a trainer," she paused for effect, emphasising the 'very', "and you can help me develop my battling skills and strategies. There, that's a win-win for everyone, right? And I can help your Pokemon get fitter too. As a matter of fact I was having Scraggy, Joltik and Rufflet do sprint runs just earlier on. Not entirely sure how to get Wailmer to do sprints…sprint swims perhaps."

Mark simply smiled at that. He remembered trying to do something like this with Sammy but it ended up being a bit one sided. "Well... sure thing! I've been considering starting to work out a little more. It'd be great to have a training buddy to help out with both Pokemon and just Physical work outs! I have a Pokemon on my team that's an excellent training partner for helping my team work out" Mark said with a grin.

"Oh yeah, who's that? Len?" asked Helena with interest. Working out with Pokemon…she'd never really done that before, except for a bit of sparring with Scraggy here and there. "Well that settles it," she strode forward to Mark and stuck her hand out firmly for him to shake. "Training buddies. We need to hit up the gym. I'm assuming there's a gym in the dorm for students? And what's the deal with sports on this island anyway, please tell me you guys have at least a social basketball league going on?"

"Oh, Not Len. Heheh. You'll see! Yeah pretty sure the Dorm has a Gym. I've never been in it because you know, I'm a bit of a nerd like that. Haha, but we could drop by there. I gotta train for that tournament anyways you know? May as well get wide awake and worked up for it! We can have our Pokemon train up too. And I guess get a new change of clothes... unless you like your new outfit!" Mark said with a chuckle.

"As much as I truly do love looking like a female you, I don't think this is appropriate workout attire, do you?" countered Helena with a raised eyebrow. She secured her bag tightly across her shoulders and took a deep breath. "So, are we going to run back to the gym? And I mean run, not jog. I want to see what I'm working with here!"

Mark grabbed his bag and got himself ready. "Well I don't have any workout attire I think... I guess I can improvise with what I have or something! Ahah... but sure thing! Let's head back to our dorms!" Mark said as he got himself ready to run.

"No worries Professor, I have a few spare pairs of yoga pants. You might have to roll the legs up somewhat as they tend to be a bit long, but they'll enhance all your curves," Helena stated in a put on simpering voice, rolling her eyes before a lopsided grin worked onto her face. "Right, ready? Let's go!" she shouted, tearing off across the beach toward the dorms. She pumped her shoulders hard, feeling her thighs and hamstrings spring to life as she raced back to the main Academy. She wouldn't look back for Mark, even if he didn't catch up to her! And if he did catch up to her…well, she'd just run faster.

Mark dashed after Helena. He was able to keep up somewhat but was still pretty darn outclassed. The girl was waaayy faster then Mark and certainly way more fit. It was like Sammy, just way less competitive. Mark at least didn't seem totally out of breath along the way. At least, not until they'd arrive back at the dorms anyways. Mark recalled earlier that he was going to take a trip to Oak Town but this workout seemed to be more appealing in general.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

Amber nodded at her. "Sounds good," she replied and began following Sammy in the general direction of the Poffin shop. Her mind wandered to her behavior since coming to the Academy. She'd been trying to keep a low profile until she got settled in, but she couldn't help feeling as if she'd gone overboard with it. On the other hand, if everyone believed her to be the kinda nice, awkward girl, they'd be less likely to believe in any wrongdoings. Everything was beginning to get a bit more complicated, and perhaps a bit uncomfortable. And then there was Valor.

She hated to admit it, but his behavior in the Pokemon Center was more than a little frightening. He was always so calm and composed, almost to the point of being irritating. His ego was a little over-inflated, but how he acted back then was almost impossible to describe. It was so instinctual, so... wild. She made a mental note to see if Spirit could help Valor in some way, seeing as she couldn't understand his speech herself.

She dragged herself back out of her thoughts and turned to Sammy, hoping to make some light conversation on the way. "So... how long have you been at the Academy?"

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Heh, there's so much to do here that it's easy to lose track of time. I guess I've been here a while, I got here in the summer time. Turned up with two Pokémon and no clue, now I've got six Pokémon, an egg and less of a clue than when I started," she grinned, "the more you learn the more you realise you don't know, right?"

Sammy pushed open the door to the poffin store, a wide variety of brightly coloured treats for Pokémon on display inside. It was a rainbow of confectionary that would make all but the most jaded Pokemons eyes light up with excitement - but it was yet another area Sammy didn't know a lot about. She held the door open long enough to make sure it didn't swing back and smack Amber in the face before making her way to the counter. A tired looking woman in her middle years with generous proportions (maybe she snacked on the poffins when no one was looking...) sat behind it, filling in a crossword puzzle to pass the time.

"Hey. I'm looking for a Poffin a Zubat might like, and we'll need one for a Pancham too." Sammy ordered with all the preamble of a freight train.

The woman slid off her stool and dropped about a foot - she was tiny - navigating her way through the store without once looking up from her crossword. She snagged a pair of tongs with her free hand and used them to snatch up a dark purple poffin which she dropped into a paper bag hanging from a hook by the front counter along with several dozen other bags. The tongs were dropped, the bag unhooked and set down in front of Sammy.

"Zubat," she muttered, shuffling off and repeating the process with a marbled black and white poffin. "Pancham," she sighed as she hauled herself back onto the stool. "Ten each."
    "Uhhh... right. Thanks." Sammy fished into the pockets of her jeans and produced the necessary funds for Zubats poffin, looking to Amber to do the same for Panchams. Her look also conveyed a certain level of 'What the hell?' along with the way. Hopefully the woman actually knew her poffins well enough she ran on autopilot and hadn't just selected two at random.​

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber pondered Sammy's response as she entered into the store after her. It had only been a few hours and it already felt as if she'd been there for quite some time. She stared at all the colorful selections, completely clueless about them. Poffins were a bit of a luxury; her and her Pokemon made do with whatever they could get. Valor looked around with amazement from his perch at all the sweets, a low stream of clicks coming from his mouth as he turned his head this way and that. She was grateful for Sammy stepping in and getting down to business; she could respect someone who didn't waste time talking around a subject rather than about it.

She looked the lady at the counter up and down appraisingly, not at all impressed by her size and lack of attention to her customers. It seemed like she knew what she was doing, but Amber found her lack of customer service to be quite irritating. She hadn't known Sammy very long, but she hoped she could appreciate Amber's unique sense of humor and entertainment. Or maybe it would blow up in Amber's face. Either way, it'd be worth it to teach this somewhat rude lady a lesson in customer service.

Amber returned Sammy's look with a roll of her eyes. She quickly dug out the money from her dwindling funds in her bag and placed it on the counter. "Thanks, Shorty," she replied to the lady at the counter, who either didn't hear or didn't care. She waited just a moment before grabbing the Poffin bag and getting a bit bolder in her remarks. "Y'know, I bet you have really pretty eyes. Shame that crossword is getting in the way," she said with mock sweetness, smiling softly. This finally got the lady to glance up at her customers, revealing mundane, flat brown eyes. She seemed confused, perhaps even a bit hopeful at the complement. Perfect.

Amber's smile turned to a partial sneer as her sweet tone faded. "Nevermind, I was wrong," she finished, turning away, Poffin in hand, before she could see the woman's reaction. She started towards the door, but waited for Sammy. She barely noticed she was holding her breath, wondering how Sammy would respond to her cutting remarks about the rude worker.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy held back a snort-laugh (mostly) at Ambers initial comment regarding the poffin lady having nice eyes. She felt like the woman could do with a jibe or two to shake her out of her routine and get her to pay a little attention to her customers. She was ready to leave the store with Amber and have a good chuckle over the comment when Amber took things a step further.

"Nevermind, I was wrong," Amber said before turning away and waiting for Sammy at the door. Why had she said that? There was a big difference between a veiled insult and flat out cruelty! She looked from the confused clerk to Amber before narrowing her eyes and snatching up Panchams poffin before stalking out of the store. She could be the first person with a barbed comment to get a point across but Amber had pushed it too far.

Once they were both outside Sammy marched a short distance away from the store before rounding on Amber, doing her best to control her considerable temper. She didn't want to lash out at Amber for one comment but she struggled when it came to not telling people exactly what she thought about them or their actions. She took a deep breath and tried to think about how she would want to handle this situation if someone like Cynthia or her pops were watching. As difficult as it was going to be that meant giving Amber the benefit of the doubt.

"...Well, should I bring Pancham back out or do you want to feed them their poffins separately?"​

Years
  • Holly Amarosa

Holly gasped and jumped slightly. She stared at the ground and whimpered softly. Not a teacher... He'll probably tell Kayla about this, she thought. She bit her lip and winced when the boy tightened his grip on her wrist. She looked up at Molly and sighed when she saw that the Munna was glaring at the boy.

"Stop it, Molly..." she said softly. Molly sighed. Holly noticed that the boy was glaring down at her and looked away.

"Everything's fine, sir," the boy said to the teacher. He pulled Holly closer to him and smiled. Holly whimpered and looked down at her arms, realizing that her scars weren't covered up at all. She gasped and jerked away from the boy. She wrapped her arms around herself and started to cry.

"D-Don't look..." she whispered. The boy glared at her some more and grabbed her roughly. Holly gasped as the boy started to pull her away. She looked back at the teacher sadly, her eyes filled with tears.

"Please help me," she mouthed. The boy growled softly and looked down at Blaze. The Growlithe whimpered and looked at the ground.

"The next time she talks, you shut her up, you hear?" he asked the Growlithe. Blaze shook his head and walked over to Holly. He licked her leg and smiled at her. Holly stared ahead, frowning. Her Xtransciever rang, and she quickly hung up. I hope that wasn't important...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost​

Amber felt pretty pleased with herself. She'd had some fun at the expense of that rude worker, and even gotten a half-laugh out of Sammy. But then she heard Sammy come out of the store behind her, and the wheels in her head started turning. Sammy's footsteps came out more of a stomp than a walk, leading Amber to the obvious conclusion. Valor shook his head and retreated into his wings, sending a very clear message that she was on her own on this one. If he was lucky, he'd be rid of the distracting girl sooner than expected.

As Sammy entered Amber's view, she was able see her body language and draw more detailed conclusions. She was clearly angry, but her deep breathing suggested she was struggling for control. Clearly, while Sammy enjoyed her first comment, the second had been more unwelcome. It seemed her comment wasn't completely unacceptable, or at least, it was forgivable. Amber was a bit disappointed at how early Sammy drew her line, but she still had a bit of room for getting away with things. It looked like she'd have to be a bit more subtle with her insults when Sammy was around.

Before too long of a pause had gone by, she shrugged nonchalantly, as if she had said, seen, and done nothing. "I think they'll be alright together. Valor could use some time with other Pokemon."

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2015
    Xander Blaze

So much to take in here before I make any sort of move... Xander began internally, his mental gears running at their optimal level. He glances at the girl's wrist. The boy is obviously violent, and possibly volatile. I can't let any more harm come to this young girl...

Buying a bit of time to think, he responds directly to the boy. "First of all... no need to call me 'sir.' 'Mr. Blaze' will do just fine."

Holly gasped as the boy started to pull her away.

With a little *click!* in his mind, Xander knew he'd seen enough to handle this situation. He spoke clearly in a firm, cold voice. "Second... You're going to let the girl go and leave her alone from this moment on, is that clear?" As he finished out his sentence, his shadow at his feet shifted and extended slightly. He pulled a Pokéball from the strap on his bag that laid across his chest, pressing the button in the center.

If this boy is as afraid of authority and getting caught as I believe he is, this should do the trick and scare him off, at least for now. If not, he won't be leaving with the girl, or without some...how do you say...disciplinary marks.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy struggled to control her temper, nostrils flaring as she took deep breaths. Amber didn't seem to be volunteering any sort of explanation or apology, but then she hadn't asked for one. Getting further into the matter would only make her lose her cool, so perhaps the best thing was to let it lie. She took a final deep breath and released the tension she was holding, nodding to Amber.

"Alright," she said, unclipping Panchams pokeball from her belt again. She released the impressionable little scrapper who immediately started looking around suspiciously, eyes locking on Valor. "Hey, knucklehead." Sammy squatted down to be closer to his level, Pancham looking at her uncertainly. "We've all agreed that we're not happy with anyone acting like a jerk, so we're makin' peace, alright? Amber and Valor got this for you. We got one for Valor as well."

She shook the poffin out of its small paper bag onto her left hand and held it out towards Pancham. He sniffed at it warily, casting a glance towards Amber and Valor, before breaking a piece off. It was subject to further sniff-tests before he gently removed the leaf from his mouth and held it carefully in one paw while he took an experimental bite from the poffin. A few chews and he made a sound of satisfaction, taking the rest of the poffin and hunkering down on the ground to enjoy it.

Sammy smiled, pleased that he'd not been too 'cool' now to accept a peace offering. "Say thank you."
    "Thanks bats. Don't choke on yours or nothin'."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi - Power Plant

Dalex walked through the streets of Oak Town. His camera was in its case, around his neck. He had stuffed his berry bag into his backpack. After a few minutes, he finally arrived at his destination which was the old power plant. He was looking for an electric pokemon to catch for he camera. Even though it ran on solar power, he figured it was best to have a secondary source as the old man at the market suggested. It would also add a new friend to the party of pokemon he had. He vowed to his parents before he left home that he would try to catch at least one pokemon a day, but he knew that would probably not happen.

He walked into the old abandoned power plant, quietly. There was broken glass on the ground and lose wires. He hoped that none of the wires were live. He thought he heard something crash at the end of the very long hall way. He started to get nervous and his stomach started to churn. He walked quietly to the crash came from. He slowly looked around the corner. He saw three Weedle playing.

"Ugh just a bunch of Weedle... Maybe I should- No, there may be a swarm of Beedrill around and I really do not want to risk making them mad." He whispered to himself.

He quickly turned away and walked fast away from the room with the Weedle. He finally got to another room. The room was large. It looked like a Primape went bananas and destroyed everything. In the corner he saw a little pokemon. He brought his C Gear up that his father at gave him and pointed it at the pokemon he didn't know. The pokemon was a light blue and black color with some yellow. It had a star like tell and stood on all fours.

"Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. When it senses danger, the hairs on its body light up and it runs away, leaving its opponent dazed. When Shinx flexes its muscles, it generates electricity." The pokedex said.

"Awesome. An electric type and awesome looking at that. Froakie! Go and use Bubble then pound!"

Froakie bursted out of the pokeball and shot bubbles at the Shinx before it knew what was happening. Froakie the sent the pokemon flying. It was a fairly young Shinx, so the attack overpowered the poor pokemon.

"Alright! Pokeball go!" Dalex yelled.

The pokeball shook once and clicked. Dalex ran over to the pokeball and picked it up.

"Woo I got a Shinx!" Dalex yelled.

"HEY KID!! THAT SHINX WAS MINE TO CATCH!" Someone yelled.

Dalex looked around and saw a guy who was at least five years older than himself.

"I caught this pokemon! If you wanted it, then you should have caught it yourself!" Dalex yelled.

"Listen kid! I do not want to hurt you, but it I have to, I will take that pokemon by force!"

"No! You want to battle then come and fight!"

"Fine! Winner takes the Shinx and the losers pokemon!"

Dalex froze and then recovered.

"Fine! Let us have a 1 on 1 then! Outside so we have plenty of room!" Dalex yelled.

Even if I lose, I can probably out run this guy. He is strong, but with the extra weight of the muscle, he can't run as fast as me. Dalex thought.

Dalex returned Froakie and both trainers walked outside and faced one another.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm
    Training Area in Forest

After no telling how long, Shawn and Rocker took a look around at the work they did to the training ground. The fighting field now had more defined boundaries for both trainers and their pokemon thanks to some paint he found (and borrowed from ) the Academy. The targets they made earlier got a fresh coat of paint, as well, and were now arranged better for all pokemon to stand in front of them at one time. The newest addition to the grounds is a circular track that surrounded the fighting field, measuring out to about 1/8 of a mile. Due to space, however, he was only able to create and divide three lanes on the track. It would allow for trainers and their pokemon to run together, increasing training aptitude as well as their friendliness. He also was able to create more benches (6 altogether - 4 near the fighting field, 2 near the target range) and also give them some cushioning for comfort. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, Shawn surveyed the new grounds and smiled broadly as the feeling of accomplishment filled his being. He turned to his Graveler, who was also looking around at what they did together.

Shawn nodded and placed a hand on Rocker's shoulder. "We did a wonderful job with this place, didn't we?" he asked his pokemon, who turned to him and nodded his agreement. Shawn smiled and gave a very heartfelt thank you to Rocker and returned him to his pokeball to let him rest for a bit. He clipped the ball back to his belt as he looked up at the sky. No telling how much time REALLY passed since they started working, but assumed that he had enough time to take a shower or at least grab a bite to eat. Weighing his options, Shawn decided the shower was the better option and headed back to his dorm. One nice cool shower later, he changed into a pair of navy blue jeans, light blue shirt with a pocket on the left side of his chest, and his black sneakers. He again spiked his hair up, liking this new look on him, and headed back out of the dorm.

Without hesitation, he headed to the Academy building and found his way to the cafeteria, noticing a few curious glances centering around his new attire. Shawn, though, gave a smile and quick nod as he passed these onlookers and went to grab him some food. There wasn't a long line so he was able to get to a table with his tray pretty quickly. He quickly sat at a vacant table and started to eat, glad to not only have something to eat but a chance to sit down and relax.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dalex Yukashi - Outside Abandoned Power Plant

Dalex looked the man who claimed that Shinx was his to catch and demanded a battle to see who got Shinx. Dalex didn't like the idea, but it was better to listen as the guy seemed to be a bit older than he was.

"This will be a one on one battle! Now go, Seedot!!" The boy yelled as the little pokemon that looked like a acorn popped out.

Dalex pulled brought his C Gear out, "Pokedex, Seedot."

A second later and the C Gear showed a picture of Seedot.

"Seedot, the acorn pokemon. It attaches itself to a tree branch using the top of its head. When it dangles from a tree branch, it looks just like an acorn. It enjoys scaring other Pokémon. Strong winds can sometimes make it fall from the branch."

"So a grass type. Alright Fletchling, go!" Dalex yelled.

His red Fletchling appeared from the pokeball he had thrown into the air.

"Harden!" The boy commanded.

"Fletchling use quick attack then peak!" With in seconds Fletchling made it to Seedot right as it used harden, but Fletchling was far too strong for the seedot as it went flying into a tree and fainted. Seedot's trainer was shocked.

"Seriously... You need to learn how to raise your pokemon. Just because I am younger, does not mean I am weaker. I can tell just by the look on your face that you judged me by my age. When it comes to battling, I am older than you. Learn to train and care for your pokemon." Dalex said as he walked away.

"Seedot... I am sorry! Come on let's get to the pokemon center!" The older boy announced as he ran past Dalex.

"Good job Fletchling! Now let's get back to the forest and pick some berries. Then we will head back to the academy and relax and cook some pokepuffs." Dalex smiled.

Dalex returned Fletchling. After a bit of walking, Dalex finally left Oak Town behind as he headed into the area of the forest where all the berries were at. Luckily, their was not many pokemon around right now. There was a Caterpie and some Swaddle here and there, but none were a threat.

"Alright guys! Come on out! Help me collect berries for pokepuffs!" Dalex yelled as he threw all his poke ball in the air and all five of his pokemon appeared.

Treecko climbed trees to collect Oran and many other berries. Fletchling flew around the trees, using his newly learned move agility and quick attack to knock them from trees. Froakie used bubble to knock more berries from trees. Hawlucha karate chopped trees with just enough power to free the berries. Shinx, after agreeing to be Dalex's pokemon, used tackle on trees to loosen a few. After a bit, Dalex returned his pokemon and looked inside his bag.

"Awesome. Thanks to my pokemon I was able to get so many great berries. Now it is time to head back to Entei Dorm." He said as he put his bag over his shoulder and walked out of the forest and back toward the dorms.

He held his other hand on the camera around his neck. He wanted to get these berries to the dorm before he looked for a picture, although he did take a photo that had five or six different berry trees in it. One of the trees had a Swaddle playing with a Caterpie.

Last edited:
    Back