• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My Artwork (Critic wanted)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Here's some of my artwork that I drew in my free time I would appreciate it if people could critic my work:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ah, I recognize that dragon! You've posted here before, haven't you Reshiram? n_n;

Well it's nice to see you've added more work to your collection! I'm a particular fan of your interpretive Suicune pieces. It's so different to see Suicune in such an interesting color pallet and I'm definitely intrigued by what inspired it. It almost looks like stained glass. :3

I also adore this piece. He's from Portal, right? So cute! I've never seen fanart of him before, so this was definitely a treat. Just, when you outline, make sure you take the time to do things carefully. The left side of the big heart in there looks alright, but the right side seems a little shaky and uneven. Keep in mind that when you outline, you need to have a steady hand and move slowly.

I also really like how you fully color your backgrounds. It's simple, but it gives your art a nice flow, and I like that. :) Although I would like to see more depth in your drawings. You have so much skill with a colored pencil, and I don't think it would be too difficult for you to do more light and shadow in your pieces. It takes time and practice, but I bet you'll get it. :3 Oh, and I can't wait to see how this dragon comes out. I hope you decide to finish it!

Keep updating this please! Can't wait to see what you do next! n_n;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Honestly, if you want actual critique, I would step away from copies (to be honest, the way your pen strokes are going, I would even say some are tracings) of pre-existing works. Draw from your head, try to learn structure and form and it will really help you in the long run.
    I'm not really sure how else to critique work that is copied whilst not being used for studies.

I encourage you to keep drawing though! I would love to see some of the stuff you do from imagination! Or even a still life drawing would be awesome! Especially if you were gonna do it in surreal colours!!

Back