• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Patch

Have you downloaded (and used) this patch?

• Yes

Votes: 66 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 38.3%

• Total voters

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    So there is a patch for it already? Some guys hadn't noticed then ;) , and now they have a new one. Btw that 'import all' button inserts only 4 sprites a time right?

Sorry to tell you this but it is true, as long as you expanded the pokemon so the indexes are the same A series adds them really fast. It doesn't do Icons iirc or footprints too.

Reactions: Nex

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Yeah, what I'm saying is that you can use the import all button to import all sprites, frames, and pallets for all pokemon really fast.. Still pretty cool resource though.

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Yeah, what I'm saying is that you can use the import all button to import all sprites, frames, and pallets for all pokemon really fast.. Still pretty cool resource though.

So I'm a bit confused now... How many sprites can Wichu's Sprite Editor import at a time? I'm using G3HS, and inserts 4 at a time. (front sprite, shiny front sprite, backsprite, shiny backsprite) Thanks, I never expected this much support!

kearnseyboy6 said:
    Sorry to tell you this but it is true, as long as you expanded the pokemon so the indexes are the same A series adds them really fast. It doesn't do Icons iirc or footprints too.

Please rephrase that, I don't really get it... (And I don't redo icons and footprints btw)

Projectwolfie said:
    As for Emerald, you could either wait for MrDollSteak's fork of the project that adds animation frames, or you can disable animation completely and just throw in the sprites.

FYI: some of them don't match up correctly palette-wise for whatever reason in Emerald, you might want to get an alternate set for whenever that happens.

Right for animation frames wait for MrDollsteak. But if you couldn't wait, just try the Emerald patch tomorrow (no it isn't completed yet, but it should tomorrow :) )

My Emerald so far works fine...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Judging by the amount of bugs you have, is your patch for the right ROM? It's possible that you have a bugged ROM, because Wichu's tools(Even though sometimes they'll actually overwrite 00s in Emerald and cause a tiny bit of music corruption) and even G3HS's sprite insterter works for me. Is the ROM size 16,384 KB? If it's not then there's something wrong.

Skaraborne

Years
  • Judging by the amount of bugs you have, is your patch for the right ROM? It's possible that you have a bugged ROM, because Wichu's tools(Even though sometimes they'll actually overwrite 00s in Emerald and cause a tiny bit of music corruption) and even G3HS's sprite insterter works for me. Is the ROM size 16,384 KB? If it's not then there's something wrong.

The bugs don't really are a point I guess, since it'll be difficult to obtain a shiny Piloswine or shiny Corsola in any game (and Piloswine's only glitched five pixels, Corsola's outline has blurred however). The PET glitch isn't quite a problem too, the sprites are just a bit tilted, but you can still easily recognize the Pokémon... And I'll release a fix for MrDollsteak's base soon. (And that isn't really a bug lol)

UPDATE: Generation II completed! The patch will be released tomorrow night!

EDIT: We've got a second page! (yay) I just want everyone to notice, 'cause I didn't see it myself... :P

Last edited:

Skaraborne

Years
  • Update!
    Emerald Patch has been released!

What's new:
    The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Patch ported over to Emerald, of course!
    Corrected gender sprites for Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Ledyba and Dustox.
    Unfortunately, an update always has bugs. Pelipper's back sprite (both normal and shiny) is partly transparent. I'll look into it soon and a fix will probably be up and running when the MrDollsteak fix is released for FireRed.
    And another little bug: both the shiny front and backsprite of Milotic are glitched. But once again, have a try saying 'yo' to a shiny Milotic before it dives in the depths of sea to be never seen again...

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Update!
    Emerald Patch has been released!

What's new:
    The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Patch ported over to Emerald, of course!
    Corrected gender sprites for Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Ledyba and Dustox.
    Unfortunately, an update always has bugs. Pelipper's back sprite (both normal and shiny) is partly transparent. I'll look into it soon and a fix will probably be up and running when the MrDollsteak fix is released for FireRed.
    And another little bug: both the shiny front and backsprite of Milotic are glitched. But once again, have a try saying 'yo' to a shiny Milotic before it dives in the depths of sea to be never seen again...

Nice! This thread has gotten very popular! Good luck with Ruby! (Sapphire and LeafGreen?)

Anyways, this resource is awesome! Keep it up. {XD}

Skaraborne

Years
  • Nice! This thread has gotten very popular! Good luck with Ruby! (Sapphire and LeafGreen?)

Anyways, this resource is awesome! Keep it up. {XD}

Thanks! I think I won't do Ruby and keep it like Sapphire and LeafGreen. If someone wants the patch for Ruby, I'll make it, but I have better things to do in my spare time...

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • But when I try to insert a script it causes meowths sprite to become glitched...
    I used free space finder to find an offset with a lot of space...
    Compiled the script but when i see the meowth sprite its glitchy
    The script works fine though... And its only meowths front sprite...Is there a eay to fix this?

Skaraborne

Years
  • xboxmandude said:
    This is brilliant
    Its saved me a lot of time....
    One problem I think deoxys (speed) front sprite is glitches in fire red
    Thank you very much!
    That's why I actually made it, to save a lot of time... :)
    And I'll look at the deoxys sprite. Although many of those simple graphical bugs (like deoxys, pelipper, milotic, etc.) cannot be fixed by me...

xboxmandude said:
    But when I try to insert a script it causes meowths sprite to become glitched...
    I used free space finder to find an offset with a lot of space...
    Compiled the script but when i see the meowth sprite its glitchy
    The script works fine though... And its only meowths front sprite...Is there a eay to fix this?

Sorry for the late answer, I haven't been checking on the thread for a while. I don't know if you have downloaded Chaos Rush' resource (you should if you haven't already). The bug will probably be fixed if you just reinsert the Meowth sprites. (The 4in1 format only works with Wichu's Sprite Editor and with G3HS.)

Years
  • Excuse me but i am a begginer, i don't know how to put the sprites in the game...
    Has anyone a tutorial??

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    You will need an ips patcher, for example luna ips. With this tool you can patch the pokemon gba file with the appropriate 64x64 patch.

Skaraborne

Years
  • Excuse me but i am a begginer, i don't know how to put the sprites in the game...
    Has anyone a tutorial??

First, sorry for my long absense, I forgot about the thread.

Second, Mo72 answered you if you didn't notice. You need an ips-patcher and then you can apply the patch I uploaded to a FireRed ROM. Normally it doesn't matter if you patch it to a blank ROM or a hacked one, but best results are always on blank ROMs.

Hope I helped you out!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2017
    its my idea or back sprites for pokemon look a bit "cuted down" - i see almost just the head of torchic, mudkip... or it is suposed that way

Back