• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wonder Exchange Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've made some progress on my run. I've lost more team members than I would have liked due to unfortunate critical hits and occasional lapses in attention (maybe I shouldn't do this run while watching movies). In any event, I've defeated the seventh gym leader, and am currently preparing to head for Geosenge Town to take on Team Flare's weapon.

I'll update later with more details (and I'll check the levels in a bit), but for now, the team consists of:
    -Ampharos (MVP)
    -Absol
    -Luvdisc (surprised this thing isn't dead yet, but I think that's because I pretty much never let it stay in battle past the first turn)
    -Doublade
    -Diggersby (with an incredibly annoying nickname--12 female signs in a row)
    -Gabite

Doublade and Gabite are the newest members of the team, and are gradually getting caught up level-wise. My early wonder trade luck was almost entirely early route fodder, so I'm glad to finally have gotten some breeding rejects to balance things out a bit after carelessly losing some earlier members. Overall, it's been an interesting run so far, though I feel like I had better wonder trade luck on X before Christmas than I've had with this Y file.

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I'm performing my own spin on this in my X version. Just to summarize the self-imposed rules:

1. I kept my starter solely because I'd never used Chespin before, and it's also cute.
    2. I wonder traded a second Pansage that I got from the WT. I kept the one with slightly better stats.
    3. I can only catch Pokemon that I am forced to catch. Same goes for acquiring.

And yes, I know this makes it a bit easier, but let me show what my starting team was (Forgot what the original levels were, but the Ducklett was Level 14)

Chespin
    Pidgey
    Charmander with two elemental punches (Score!)
    Ducklett
    Pansage
    Japanese Rotom (Awesome because form changes!)

Currently, I'm heading to the 6th gym with only one unused Pokemon in my PC box; a Squirtle. Pansage has pretty much been a dead weight at this point, but I'm waiting to evolve it. And with experience from my do-whatever-I-want run of Y, I proved again that Ramos is beyond easy to beat.
    An Infernape, Swanna, and Normal Form Rotom wreck him.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
    Years
  • I'm going to do this challenge on my pokemon x! I was searching quite a bit for a challenge to re-play pokemon x, but now i found it! I'm starting the challenge right away.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    im doing something similiar but adding one after each route. Right now I have bulbasuar, tyrunt and clauncher. Pretty happy with my team

Years
  • So I've been doing one of these challenges for the past week now and I'm just up to the 8th Gym.

I'm using it in a Nuzlocke kind of way - if it dies, it gets boxed forever and a new Pokemon is received through WonderTrade.

My first 6 Pokemon were:
    Scatterbug
    Lvl 1 Deino with egg moves!!!
    Marill
    Eevee
    Cranidos
    Magneton

Smashed my way through everything with just the Scatterbug, Deino and Marill as the other three were too overlevelled until I got to route 8. Everything was great until Grants Tyrunt OHKOd my Vivillon (Scatterbug evolved) and my Cranidos!

WonderTraded for 2 new Pokemon and then my team was:
    Azumarill
    Espeon
    Deino
    Magneton
    Durant
    Lickitung

Now at this point receiving a level 1 Durant wasn't bad. It has awesome attack stats and I could put up with Truant as it's ability. Lickitung was level 56 so that was not able to be used for ages!
    Flew through Korrina, Clemont, Ramos and the Fairy gym easily. Just before reaching Anistar gym I lost my newly evolved Zweilos. DEVASTATED! I can't remember what knocked him out but it really annoyed me. WonderTraded a new Pokemon and received a level 1 torchic with speed boost. Frustrating to get a level 1 so late in game but whatever. I can make it work.
    Hit the psychic gym and whilst battling the Medicham I foolishly put out my Durant and BAM it got critical hit KO. Ugh. To make matters worse for in game play I got a level 1 magikarp as it's replacement. Dang.

So now just reached the ice type gym and this is my team:
    Gyrados
    Blaziken
    Azumarill
    Espeon
    Lickilicky
    Magnezone

In all fairness it's a pretty alright team. I'm sure there's a weakness to something that I'm still not picking up on but I feel like it covers most issues.

I also own a Murkrow for Fly purposes.

I really hope I don't lose any more because I don't quite fancy grinding up a level 1 anything again!!

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I'm in.

Which Version: X
    Name In-game: Noah
    Additional Rules: #1 and #5

I started already, I'll update when I beat Viola.

Psst... I have 3 members on my team so far; they're all breeding rejects. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    this looks fin glad i picked up both x and y

Which Version: X
    Name in-game: Sp
    Additional rules(Optional):
    none might do the faint rule

Years
  • I already finished this Challenge a few weeks ago.

My team had been:
    Sawk
    Noivern
    Guardevoir
    Seaking
    Lampent
    Gogoat

I had been really lucky with my team (Most of them had at least 3 perfect IVs) I actually got 2 Traslas at first, but I traded the second one for Skiddo.

Back