• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU sandstorm

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
  • Ok, I'm kind of sleepy so I'll just post this team and go to bed. Meanwhile you'll tell me how stupid I am for thinking about such a team. Then I'll wake up and read.

HIPPOPOTAS
    Jolly
    Focus sash
    Sand stream
    4HP/252Attack/252Spe

Stealth rock
    Earthquake
    Yawn
    Protect

SHUCKLE
    Relaxed
    Leftovers
    Gluttony
    252PS/126Def/126SpD

Toxic
    Protect
    Rest
    Encore

CACTURNE
    Jolly
    Life orb
    Sand veil
    4HP/252Attack/252Spe

Substitute
    Leech seed
    Seed bomb
    Sucker punch

MAGNETON
    Modest
    Life orb
    252SpA/252Speed/4Hp

Thunder wave
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Explosion

QUAGSIRE
    Impish
    Water Absorb
    Leftovers
    252HP/252Def/4Attack

Earthquake
    Surf
    Recover
    Encore

GLIGAR
    Sand veil
    Leftovers
    252HP/252Def/4Speed

Earthquake
    Roost
    Rock slide
    Aqua tail

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hippopotas: It's really, really slow. Its current set is fine, but it doesn't need a Jolly nature to get it going. If 2 weather inducing Pokemon are sent out at the same time at the start of the battle, the slower Pokemon's weather effect dominates over the faster one. So it has to be Relaxed with these EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/92 Def.

Cacturne: Even with Jolly, it's still too slow. You can go with an Adamant nature, your current EV spread and this set:
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Seed Bomb/Swords Dance
    Item: Leftovers

Quagsire: Why Surf when it's Impish? Also, the Water/Ground combination is walled by Grass types. Replace Surf with Stone Edge or Ice Punch.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • um... i have to agree with Platinum about Quagsire's typing, but i would keep surf :D - either change it's nature to make it a massive tank, or swap it to Whiscash (i liek whiscash because it is epic, but Quagsire has Water absorb, so it's up to you) with this set

Whiscash @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP - 252 ATK - 252 speed
    Anticipation

Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance/Zen Headbutt

also, whether you use Whiscash OR quagsire, make sure you have a pokemon that knows Fire, Bug, Flying or Ice-Type moves... (bug is best in BL, as Gallade has Leaf Blade, but you are in NU, so you could use any)

Garrabutártulo

Years
  • Hippopotas: It's really, really slow. Its current set is fine, but it doesn't need a Jolly nature to get it going. If 2 weather inducing Pokemon are sent out at the same time at the start of the battle, the slower Pokemon's weather effect dominates over the faster one. So it has to be Relaxed with these EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/92 Def.

Cacturne: Even with Jolly, it's still too slow. You can go with an Adamant nature, your current EV spread and this set:
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Seed Bomb/Swords Dance
    Item: Leftovers

Quagsire: Why Surf when it's Impish? Also, the Water/Ground combination is walled by Grass types. Replace Surf with Stone Edge or Ice Punch.

I don't really like focus punch, and I like leech seed so much...
    I'll make a relaxed hippopotas then.
    Thanks for the advices.

um... i have to agree with Platinum about Quagsire's typing, but i would keep surf :D - either change it's nature to make it a massive tank, or swap it to Whiscash (i liek whiscash because it is epic, but Quagsire has Water absorb, so it's up to you) with this set

Whiscash @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP - 252 ATK - 252 speed
    Anticipation

Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance/Zen Headbutt

also, whether you use Whiscash OR quagsire, make sure you have a pokemon that knows Fire, Bug, Flying or Ice-Type moves... (bug is best in BL, as Gallade has Leaf Blade, but you are in NU, so you could use any)

I meant waterfall, sorry XD
    I'm keeping quagsire, since I want recover 'cause I want to be defensive.
    I have waterfall to deal with other earth pokémon (since earthquake hits rock and steel) but I think ice punch could be fine (that way I have an ice move) and I already have a bug move on my magneton... So I'll look for a fire move and see how to get it... maybe I can replace someone and get a camerupt?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think you should use the Cacturne set that was given.
    Substitute + Focus Punch = Ow!

Overall although its not a RMT it's pretty good (:

Can I ask though, whats Gligar's nature?

Garrabutártulo

Years
  • I think you should use the Cacturne set that was given.
    Substitute + Focus Punch = Ow!

Overall although its not a RMT it's pretty good (:

Can I ask though, whats Gligar's nature?

Well I thought everything that was post here was a rate my team XD

I like leech seed 'cause I can recover with ease the HP used for substitutes (leech seed and leftovers) and if they miss an attack (sand veil) it would be cool 'cause I would heal 4 times... I think I can try both, and then pick the one I like most

Is it really good? I thought about it while I was really sleepy, I even hit the keyboard with my forehead...

Gligar's nature would be one that raises all stats... XD nop +def -SpAt, can't remember the name.

Perriechu

Years
  • Cacturne can't take many hits D:
    So basically you should hit hard and fast.

And the Nature is Impish (:

Perriechu

Years
  • Just so he can restore Hp every turn, he's to frail to set up Leech seed.

Back