• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The best group

DarkMiko

Kish's Baby Boo
Years
I need help figuring out what the best 'Pokemon team' is for this game.Got any sugestions? :cheeky: :may:

Last edited:

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
Years
here is my team and i have never lost:
trapinch/flygon(mine hasnt evoloved into a flygon yet)
lapras
magmar
electabuzz
roselia
scyther

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
Years
you do realise that ive only beat 8 gyms at the mo i havent tryed the league yet and im not going to till my pokemon are lvl 50

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
my team is:
Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Groudon
Manectric
Rayquaza

at this point, no player human or AI has been able to beat my team ever since i reached level one hundred. But it's not the level that makes it hard. It's the balance of moves. I have determined that my team has moves that would give supereffective hits to every type of pokemon except pure Psychic types and ghost types. That's what I call being prepared. :D Basically what I'm saying is i suggest a team that is well balanced and covers all teh grounds. Similar to what I have. and use ice moves on two or three of them some people (humans) simply love rayquaza, plus they'll work excellently on teh dragon trainer of the elite four.

DarkMiko

Kish's Baby Boo
Years
Scyther said:
you do realise that ive only beat 8 gyms at the mo i havent tryed the league yet and im not going to till my pokemon are lvl 50
Thanks for tellin' me :dead: :\

Pogiforce-14 said:
my team is:
Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Groudon
Manectric
Rayquaza

at this point, no player human or AI has been able to beat my team ever since i reached level one hundred. But it's not the level that makes it hard. It's the balance of moves. I have determined that my team has moves that would give supereffective hits to every type of pokemon except pure Psychic types and ghost types. That's what I call being prepared. :D Basically what I'm saying is i suggest a team that is well balanced and covers all teh grounds. Similar to what I have. and use ice moves on two or three of them some people (humans) simply love rayquaza, plus they'll work excellently on teh dragon trainer of the elite four.
WOW!!!!!! You should be a writter.^_^
:shocked: :D :chu: By the way thanks;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
actually, I do write. I hve three fan fictions on fanfiction.net , although two of them are not finished. The pokemon one I'm working on you can find the link to on PC.

Since you haven't beaten teh elite four yet,i would suggest Ninetales (Blaizken if you have it), Breloom,(since the first guy is a dark user and breloom is part fighting. if you use blaziken, then you can use sceptile instead if you ahve it.), Absol(Dark to counter the ghosts iagainst Elite 2), lantern (Swampert with ice beam if you ahve it) Groudon or Kyogre(whichever you have.) and anything else, the other five pretty much cover the elite four.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
it's no fun making a team (especially so OU/UBAR populated like Pogiforce-14's IMHO) that's not yours... more fun comes from making the "best team" than battling. Battling is just the result of your hard work, testing if your work means anything (it's so fulfulling when Yanma beats Mewtwo XD)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
The best team would be 6 Magikarps with 999 points in every stat. There is no best team in my opinion. There will always be a team that is better, even if you have 6 Mewtwos. If you're getting a team for in-game play, 6 level 100 magikarps will do it. If you're playing agaisnt real human players, learn EVs, HPs, natures, etc.

I go away for 2 days and there are like 10 threads about codes...just ranting.

DarkMiko

Kish's Baby Boo
Years
Thanks every body for the great posts!!!!!!!!! On Sat. I'll give my vote on who has the best team!!!!!!!! :disappoin :embarrass (If you wan't me to)

GlockStopper

why cant i kill pokemon
Years
My team is:

Charizard:
Blast Burn
Fly
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Blastoise:
Hydro Cannon
Ice Beam
Bite
Surf

Venusaur:
Frenzy Plant
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Solar Beam

Gengar:
Shadow Punch
Giga Drain
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Scizor:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Metal Claw
Hyper Beam

Pidgeot
Fly
Mirror Move
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

and they all lvl 100

Last edited:

DarkMiko

Kish's Baby Boo
Years
I have!!!!!

Pogiforce-14 said:
actually, I do write. I hve three fan fictions on fanfiction.net , although two of them are not finished. The pokemon one I'm working on you can find the link to on PC.

Since you haven't beaten teh elite four yet,i would suggest Ninetales (Blaizken if you have it), Breloom,(since the first guy is a dark user and breloom is part fighting. if you use blaziken, then you can use sceptile instead if you ahve it.), Absol(Dark to counter the ghosts iagainst Elite 2), lantern (Swampert with ice beam if you ahve it) Groudon or Kyogre(whichever you have.) and anything else, the other five pretty much cover the elite four.
Ihave beaten the game, 2 times!!!!! ;) But I still want to see how other people like to beat the game and try it out for my self. ;) :classic: If no one minds :nervous:

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
So this is for an in-game team? In-game trainers in the battle tower can't even beat a level 100 Linoone. Any team will do for in-game play. You could use just your starter and be able to sweep through with ease.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
Years
yeah, i sweep battle tower with a bunch of guys who r level 46 and r Sandslash, CZard, and Pidgeot. usually i just need Pudgeot and Sandslash, and thats pretty sad (well, Pidgeot, at least). Ne1 can beat the in-game guys, considering they have the intelligence of a goldfish. just use ur favorites and u can have fun with the game. u don't just have to use the most powerful guys. Look at Frosty's teams. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much UU, and never even a hint of a UBER.

DarkMiko

Kish's Baby Boo
Years
You see i want to find out what the perfect team is.:cheeky:And since i can't do that with JUST my Fav pokemon i'll try it with diferent peoples FAV pokemon untill i find the perfect group!!!!! IF YOU DON'T MIND THAT IS. :chu: :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass :embarrass :disappoin :disappoin

Last edited:

Mew9

Years
THERE IS NO PERFECT GROUP!!! NINTENDO MADE IT SO THAT U COULD USE A TEAM OF UR FAVORITE UU's AND STILL BEAT A TEAM OF 6 MEWTWO'S!!!!!!!!!! (well, it would be tough but its still possible). just use ur favs, and u can form wat u believe to be the perfect team. it won't do ne good to use other people's favs since u mayaswell use ur and be just as good, plus u'll have a team to call ur own perfect team.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
It can be done. Easily even. All you need is Ninjask with BP and a Pokemon that can use the stats well.

Mew9

Years
well, that can be countered by anti-ninjakask or hazers. there IS NOT a perfect team. give it up, people.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
I mean Ninjask+BP+Some Pokemon can beat 6 Mewtwos. I know Hazers and moves like Bonemerang can beat Ninjask. So unless someone hacked Mewtwo up with Bonemerang or Haze *cough Mew89 *cough* Mewtwo is done.

Back