• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

paragraphing, capitalization, and punctuation

Years
  • i rly need help with my story ive had a negative comment about my paragraphing, capitalization, and punctuation so if someone could give me tips or edit i plz reply

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A good tip would be to never use chatspeak and an even better one would be for you to read all of the tutorial guides in the lounge that explain in detail how to write a work of fan fiction properly.

Then, write your fan fiction out on Microsoft Word so you can fix the spelling and capitalisation errors.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    though, spellcheck is anything but reliable. For some part, proper spelling takes actual experience, and considering dodobird's at age 13 (and from the looks of it, I doubt he's paid very much attention in the English classes he's had so far), it's experience that he most likely doesn't have. I'd recommend a beta for this guy.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I really need help with my story, I've had negative comments about my paragraphing, capitalization, and punctuation. If someone could give me tips or edit it, please reply. THANK YOU.

Fixed. :D

Seriously though, just type as you would if you were doing a paper for class. Proper English/grammar is not hard.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Fixed. :D

Seriously though, just type as you would if you were doing a paper for class. Proper English/grammar is not hard.

It is when when your knowledge of literature only goes as far as middle school/freshmen year. Dodobird, what I suggest is reading some of our stickied thread, some better known fics, maybe a novel or two (yes, reading greatly improves your writing) and maybe wait a little while. I'm not much older than you but after seeing how others handle writing, I began to pick up on things. Good luck with writing!

Back