• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R.I.P Neil Armstrong.

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
He started it all. Think about it. If he never went on his mission, we would have never known it was possible for a human to step foot on alien soil. The first words of this man as he stepped foot on the moon will echo through the ages as a reminder that humanity will always aspire to achieve ever greater things. Its really not fair that time ran out for Neil Armstrong before we could really find out for sure if life exists on another planet, or before us humans could set foot on Mars. But no matter who is the first person to do so, to set foot on that orb that we know as the Red Planet, they shall not overshadow the memory of the first man to step foot on a planet not our own. Rest in Peace, Neil Armstrong, and know that your actions shall never be forgotten.

Neil Armstrong died today following complications from heart surgery that he had several weeks ago. Please leave your comments and feelings about this tragedy here.

Honest

Hi!
Years
It's such a sad sad day. To think, this man was the first person to step on a wasteland thousands of miles away from home called the moon. He's a man that deserves all of our respects, and a man who'll be remembered throughout history. His "one small step for man" was one of the greatest accomplishments in recent history, arguabley the greatest of them all.

"That's one small step for [a] man. One giant leap for mankind" -N.A.

Rest in Peace Niel Armstrong. You will be remembered.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It was saddening to hear this earlier. My little brother is pretty big into aerospace and rocket science so he was the first to hear about and very devastated. He made one of the biggest achievements of modern times. He and the rest of the Apollo 11 crew dared to do what people thought was impossible. He stepped into an unknown territory miles away from home and made our first steps onto the moon. My dad was very young when Apollo 11 landed on the moon and has shared the story with me and I was pretty amazed the first time hearing it.
R.I.P Mr. Armstrong.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I was shocked to hear this on the news earlier today. Such a sad day when the first ever of our kind to land on a rock in outer space, is not with us any more to tell the tale. He was such a brave man, to go where no one else had gone, they did not know what was out there, and they braved it and achieved their goal. The biggest achievement of modern times in my honest opinion. A great man who will be sorely missed. R.I.P Neil Armstrong, you used your life well.

Years
Being from Ohio, this was everywhere. Aviation & by extension the Space program began here. Armstrong & John Glenn are idiolized here, and for good reason. He walked on the moon. Think about that.

Back