• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS Exclusive - RIP Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I can't believe how dumb some people are here. The DS is deader than dead and your still whining about forking out some money for a 3DS?

The 3DS has been selling decently (although in Japan it's selling ridiculously well) well and we only got a seconded generation due to the length of the DS's relevancy.

Personally, I would refuse to buy it if was released on the DS.

Exactly. I refused to buy Black and White 2, because it's absurd to me that Nintendo would create a AAA title a year after the 3DS's release for the original DS. They could've made very minor updates and released it on the 3DS, even still using sprites. It's a slap in the face to everyone who bought a 3DS that Nintendo would release a main series Pokemon game on the DS so long after its release.

In the end, the series has to move forward. This always happens. Would you have wanted Diamond and Pearl on the GBA? I was very excited to play Pokemon on a new console when those games came out.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
from what i can see, Pokemon games always make a jump to a new console at one time or another. The DS has already had 2 generations (3 if you count HG/SS) and i think it's time to move on.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
It's good that the game is taking a step FORWARD and moving to newer consoles and handhelds. Plus, 3ds isnt that much it's only like 150$ now or maybe even less! Plus, there are many other great games to play on the 3ds like Super Mario 3d Land, Legend of Zelda: OoT, and Pkmn Mystery Dungeon: GtI. so i think it's good :)

Years
I think most people who play each edition of Pokemon will buy the console for it even if they have no intention of playing another game on it.

I bought a GBA and a DS and rarely played anything but Pokemon on either device. I'll buy a second 3DS (sold one before because the games available were terrible) just for X & Y and that's fine by me.

The series is safe so long as the games retain their quality.

Back