• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Electric Pokémon and their Effects on Shaking Grass Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I would like for other people from here to participate in this discussion, and perhaps help do a study on what happens.

Whenever I typically take a Pokémon to train, I have no problem with encountering Audinos. I might encounter the odd Emolga (starting at Route 5) or other Pokémon (like Cinccino at Route 5), but it seems whenever I put an Electric Pokémon at the head of the party, I find more Emolgas than anything else. Has anyone else had this finding? Does an Electric Pokémon merely have to be in the party and this becomes the case? Does it only have to lead? And why does it muck up the appearance rates for Audino, which are rich in experience, in such a drastic way?

Cyclone

Years
  • Here is your answer:
    Outside of battle

From Pokémon Emerald onward, having a Pokémon with this Ability at the front of the player's party also increases the chances of finding Electric-type Pokémon in the area by 50%. (so if you're leading with a stunfisk or emolga that has static, you're more likely to find electric types)

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Not sure.I wouldn't mind seeing an emolga in the grass though.I see audino way too much.Maybe its a coincidence?I'm going to try it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Here is your answer:
    Outside of battle

From Pokémon Emerald onward, having a Pokémon with this Ability at the front of the player's party also increases the chances of finding Electric-type Pokémon in the area by 50%. (so if you're leading with a stunfisk or emolga that has static, you're more likely to find electric types)
    Oh, so it's something to do with the "Static" type itself. Very interesting. Also very annoying since I'm looking for Audinos! LMAO

I did manage to find a few, and I've leveled a traded Raichu up to Lv.56. My breeding of Pichu has begun. :D I'll probably do some leveling up in the ocean now since Electric are strong against water types.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since it's answered, locking since there's not much else to discuss :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back