• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone Played Xenosaga Ep. 1 and Wants to Talk About it?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Lots of off-topic posts about Xenosaga: Episode 1 going on here. So I made a topic about it. Review it, talk about it, whatever. That's what this topic is about.

I like games with storylines, and Xenosaga delivered. I believe it is STILL one of the best games ever made. The Cinemas were gorgeous, and lengthy (over 8 hours worth in the game). The minigames could have stood alone as individual games, and were extremely addictive. The exploration was fun, challenging (running into certain enemies meant certain death), and a bit suspenseful. In all, great game.

What are your thoughts on it?? Pros? Cons? A bit of both, whatever pertains to the game fits in here.

aaaaaa

I'm not sure weather I like Gears or Saga more, actually.
    I think as a whole, Xenosaga definately had more polish.
    Onto a rant though..
    If the Xenogears budget hadn't been siphoned away for Final Fantasy 8, and they were allowed to finish Disc2 as intended, there would be no question as to the better title. Can you imagine Xenogears, with Yui playable as originally intended? And Ramsus? Where you would find more about Yui, Jesse and Citan, and where the events on the second disc were PLAYABLE? Where Maria, Esmy and Elly all have their OmniGears in playable form?
    Yeah, that would be **** sweet.
    Let's hope Namco get the rights to remake Xenogears as Xenosaga Episode V, in the future.

On to Xenosaga, I loved it. I simply adored it. I've not since then, seen a game that surpases just how amazing and fluid, and BELEIVABLE the animation is in that game. And the emotion conveyed by the characters...who didn't sob when they realised what Kos-Mos intended to do when she said her last words before leaving the Esla to save it from destruction? 'Relinquish your pain..unto me..'.
    For me to care that much about an android, that's talented writing and acting right there.
    The music is beautiful, the graphics are outstranding, the storyline is wonderful and the characters are actually the type you become attached to. If it wasn't so short, it would definately be the perfect game.
    But it look's like we won't see a perfect game, until Xenosaga Episode V..

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    What many people don't realize, is that Xenogears and Xenosaga have nothing to do with each other. They are completely different sagas that have only one thing in common. They are each 6 Episodes long. While they may deal with some similar things, Religion and Racism for a few, there are completely different stories here.

For instance, Xenogears changes its cast every Episode (supposedly), where I believe Xenosaga keeps some of the characters, such as Kos-Mos and chaos, throughout the entire 6 Episodes. Actually, now that I think about it, Shion is the only one that is really subject to death of old age, since everyone else is either Androids, Realians, or some kind of Superhuman with an indefinate lifespan...

According to Xenogears Perfect Works, the two series' are not related in any way... But, of course, we'll find out...

Of course, Namco doing the Xenogears series wouldn't be a bad idea... Ho ho ho hohoho...(devilish laughs)...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I've played Xenosaga, though I am ashamed to admit I never beat it. I didn't realize that the robots weren't healed at save points and such and I didn't buy any healing items for the robot suits, so when I got into a major boss battle I found I was unable to win. Ever. :embarrass: I'll have to start it over and try again.

aaaaaa

It's an assumption by certain people who like to proclaim it as fact, that the two are un-related. Perfect works never SAYS they're un-related. And it never says they're related, either. No-one really knows either way, which is why if you go to a XG/XS community and ask the question, you get flamed for asking something no-one knows the answer to.
    The simple answer is that if Namco secures the rights to Xenogears itself, it WILL be remade as Xenosaga Episode V. And they will be connected. If they can't secure said rights, they won't be connected, but Xenosaga Episode V will be very darn similiar anyway. Even with no official answer to the question, it's pretty obvious to anyone who's played both titles, and given Episode II a whirl, that the established link is there.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Pogiforce-14: You have got to beat it. It is seriously worth it. Even if you have to start a new data, beat the game. You will be glad you did. Also, if the AGWS concern you, fear not. By the time you get to the last areas of the game, you won't need them anymore. One word, ErdeKaiser!

a1337a: You know, I never thought about that... I never noticed that in the entire time I've been researching the two series... I guess the only way we'll know for sure is when they get that far into the series...

Back