• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Shiny Legends :)
Darkrai
Manaphy
Mespirit
Registeel
Regice
Arceus
Dialga
Palkia
Shaymin

Working On:
Cresselia
Regirock

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
hey guys - are the "pickachu colored" pichus (which are actually shiny pichus) that come from the current nintendo wifi event legit enough to be celebrated here? because i got myself one of them and it is now a shiny raichu. it looks like this except it's sharper when i look at it with my eyes rather than a cell phone camera:
shinym.jpg

for those that haven't claimed their shiny pichu yet, if you go to 'mystery gift' on the game's opening menu, then hit 'receive gift' and then 'get via nintendo wfc' (and you've already configured your DS's wifi settings), it should be there. sorry if that's redundant or irrelevant but i thought it was kinda cool.
edit: what's the shiny hunter card updating situation like these days?

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I tried getting the Scyther, and was doing good, until I miss-stepped into the wrong patch... >>'

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon!

And that's basically it! I can't believe that I got it today, either; I was seriously starting to think I wouldn't get a new shiny until well after HG/SS were released...

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on the Heracross. 8D

Congrats Fufu. *hugs*

You all seem to be doing well with out the old co-owners watching your backs like hawks. The place seems to have slowed down, but with any luck do you think the the G/S remakes will draw in a crowd?

Shiny UPDATE: Caught a Tentacool and a Roselia during the time I was gone.

!!

D8 A wild Co-Owner has appeared! *shot*
Good to see you around, Darkmoon. =D
Co-owner sightings are as rare as Mew sightings in this club nowadays. |D
Maybe that will do the trick. 8D
Congratulations on the Tentacool and Roselia. =)

hey guys - are the "pickachu colored" pichus (which are actually shiny pichus) that come from the current nintendo wifi event legit enough to be celebrated here? because i got myself one of them and it is now a shiny raichu. it looks like this except it's sharper when i look at it with my eyes rather than a cell phone camera:
Spoiler:

for those that haven't claimed their shiny pichu yet, if you go to 'mystery gift' on the game's opening menu, then hit 'receive gift' and then 'get via nintendo wfc' (and you've already configured your DS's wifi settings), it should be there. sorry if that's redundant or irrelevant but i thought it was kinda cool.
edit: what's the shiny hunter card updating situation like these days?

Good to see you around too. =D
If the Pichu count, I have three then (one on each of my games). |D

About the Shiny Hunter Cards...
Well the two that provided them, Yami_Zidane and MetalMario, haven't been around for quite some time now, though they do pop in every now and then, just like how Lady Demoonica Darkmoon just did. And when they do, it's just to update their status. So no SHC are available at the moment... x:

1/12

Last edited:
Years
Omg, I've been away for too long! Again... -.-

Ryan and Demoonica are here? I'm glad the club is in good hands!

So yes, HGSS have brought me out of the woodwork. I'm soft-resetting for a starter on Soul Silver right now @ 64 SRs.

I'll do my best to kick around, though I have a TON of things on my plate.

Edit:
hey guys - are the "pickachu colored" pichus (which are actually shiny pichus) that come from the current nintendo wifi event legit enough to be celebrated here?
They are Cert Shinies, so yes, you may count one. (But just one! ^,^) The same applies to the Red Gyarados and friends. (See, Demoonica? I wasn't discriminating against your Berry Zigzagoon army. I was trying to prevent Red Gyarados Madness all along!)

the Barren Era, a period in time that began a while back and spans to the present era in which the club suffers from inactivity, myself included.
Ohhhh, don't rub it in! I miss those days in 2006 when finding shinies on the GBA was a thrill and everyone was here to talk about it and have rivalries. Ohh, for the days spent on Route 114 hunting Seviper :D I nostalgia, I lose.

About the Shiny Hunter Cards...
Well the two that provided them, Yami_Zidane and MetalMario, haven't been around for quite some time now, though they do pop in every now and then, just like how Lady Demoonica Darkmoon just did. And when they do, it's just to update their status. So no SHC are available at the moment... x:
Say, if you or anyone else here can give me a crash course in animated GIF manipulation in GDI+, I can get the cards going again in no time.

Also, everyone who has requested to join since my last post, except Calder, you are admitted to the club.

Calder: Shiny Arceus is 100% impossible since Mystery Gifts are fixed to never be shiny. Fess up. >:]

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
*laughs* Yeah, it has been a long time I was last seen here, I'm as rare to find here as the Shinys we hunt. Thanks for the congrats. (And if we are counting "free" shinies then +Pichu (I also have 3) & +Gyrados)

UPDATE: Failed at the hunt to get the Cyndaquil before the games came out. HOWEVER I have already gotten through the PKMN league at 15:30 hours, and right now have 14 of 16 badges (Brock and Gary/Blue to go) I haven't seen any shiny in the game yet save the freebie Gyrados.

Everyone needs a good update to those poor cards. I would love one if you ever got around to it.

And really don't think I have been here in almost a year, so don't look at me to keep you all in line (all of us co-owners actually) How often do we pop out of the woodwork? Not much.

*rolls eyes* 2 was hardly an army of them. However, I still get 3 (2 Zigs, 1 Linoon) on the card of the evo-line not counting the one extra berry one. I think Shido had more and was being difficult (he's my friend, but sometimes...)

So, SHC lets say it's this time next year, do you think the only 5th Gen Poke we know right now would be something you would hunt for as a Shiny?

Years
So, SHC lets say it's this time next year, do you think the only 5th Gen Poke we know right now would be something you would hunt for as a Shiny?
This depends very much on if they mess up its shiny colours or not. Zoroark already looks quite beautiful, so it wouldn't be too big a loss if it has an ugly shiny.

451 SRs done for my Soul Silver Shiny Starter.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Calder: Shiny Arceus is 100% impossible since Mystery Gifts are fixed to never be shiny. Fess up. >:]

Actually it was caught on the Mountain...my friend gave me a Azure Flute (aka he used his action replay to "give" me an Azure Flute" while using my gameboy to trade pokes over to other versions and i was asleep...he thought it was funny...) thats how I got it, All my shiny are legit.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Wow, it's been ages since i visited here, and even longer since i posted.

Rest assured for those of you that care, i'm not actually dead, nor have i been hunting at all the past few months, hopefully now with the release of HG/SS that will change, i am currently engaged in a hunt for a johto starter in SS, at 50 resets so far

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Oh my lord, MetalMario actually posted TWICE on the same page...and both LDD and ryan posted! LDD posted like four times, WTFHAX?!?

Welcome back all of you. :)

I got both HG/SS on March 14th, and I have been SRing for a shiny starter since then. I'm just stopping by to say that I got a new shiny again...a shiny Cyndaquil on HearGold! #2 for March Madness.

Here are some pics and such:

Spoiler:

I was hoping to get it in SoulSilver, but I don't really mind! Still SRing for a shiny starter on SS, too.

Good luck, everyone!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
MetalMario said:
This depends very much on if they mess up its shiny colours or not. Zoroark already looks quite beautiful, so it wouldn't be too big a loss if it has an ugly shiny.

451 SRs done for my Soul Silver Shiny Starter.

True, but with it seeming to be a yoko/kitsune I'd like to see it done in either a red orange colour or white and gold. (As the drastic colour change with the type would be nice.)

It's Just Fufu said:
I got both HG/SS on March 14th, and I have been SRing for a shiny starter since then. I'm just stopping by to say that I got a new shiny again...a shiny Cyndaquil on HearGold! #2 for March Madness.

I hate you (not really) :pink_frown: The Cyndaquil must hate me though. *poke eggs* Hatch shiny drat you! Well... I do have Gold siting there unopened, I might start resets for it too... but we all know how much I hate resets (no attention span or patients, no not at all) Heh.

Anyway, no real news on the shiny front. *cuddles Fufu's Cyndaquil*

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I'm just loving my HeartGold version at the moment. ^____^

Early this morning at around 12 AM, I randomly stumbled upon a shiny Raticate in the Burned Tower. I was looking for items with the Dowsing Machine (which is really a godsend, you must try it out sometime). It is female, and it has a Quirky nature. I encountered it at level 15, but I trained it since then. The reason why it's at a different level in the picture is because I took the picture when I got back from school.

Spoiler:

408 SRs for a Johto starter on SoulSilver. Good luck everyone!

Edit: Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVpM4c4M04

Edit2: I return with yet another shiny. 0_0

Me from Serebii said:
I've been so ridiculously lucky these past few days, it's amazing. I don't even know why!

I was playing through HeartGold this morning in order to get closer to Ho-oh. I started from Olivine, and I went to Mahogany. I explored Lake of Rage a bit, caught the Red Gyarados, then I proceeded to take on the Rockets at their hideout. After I defeated all of their members, I learned that I had to faint three Electrodes in order to cut off the power supply for the broadcasting signal. Knowing that Electrode gives out Speed EVs, I put my shiny Quilava up front.

First Electrode: Easily dispatched with two Flame Wheels.

Second Electrode: This one took longer because I decided to use Ember instead of Flame Wheel. :p

Third Electrode: SHINY?!?!? What the hell?!?

I must reiterate one important point; I was NOT looking for a shiny Electrode at ALL. This is as random as it gets folks, you can believe that...

I was able to tell that it was shiny as it scrolled across the screen; after seeing two Electrode with red bellies, it's kind of hard not to notice a blue one, haha. I was so shocked that I didn't even think to close the DS to catch the initial stars on film. I just stared in awe with my mouth agape as the periwinkle sphere showed itself.

The battle was moving along slowly until my Ampharos scored a critical hit with Thundershock on the shiny Electrode. That critical hit was TOO close. I'm so glad that I waited until it used Light Screen before I attacked with Ampharos again. I even said in the video that I didn't feel comfortable with how much damage a non-Light Screen'd Thundershock did. I'm no Psychic or anything, but I hope that by watching the video you guys realize how important it is to be cautious when you're fighting shinies. Things like critical hits can happen at any time, and if it weren't for my prudence, I would have killed this shiny. x___X

Here are Electrode's stats:

Electrode (Bold)
HP - 62
Attack - 28
Defense - 46
SAtk - 45
SDef - 44
Speed - 72

Not the best nature, and I can't tell the exact IVs just from looking at them, but in the end, I don't really mind. I'll take a shiny over a competitive Pokemon any day. *_* It's a shame it doesn't have Soundproof, though, it would've been nice to use it for hunting for things like Growlithe and Vulpix...oh well, I can still use it to hunt for Electric type shinies.

Here are some pictures.

Spoiler:

I was thinking about using my shiny Electrode in place of shiny Ampharos, but I figured it would just be too cumbersome to train this Electrode 10+ levels just to have it catch up with the rest of my party. Furthermore, Electrode's in game movepool isn't as wide as Ampharos'.

My next target on HeartGold is Ho-oh when I get to it. I'm still hunting for the shiny starters on SS, too.

Good luck everyone, and congratulations on any new shinies that have been recently obtained!

I'll update this post with the video when it finishes uploading.

Edit: Video of my shiny Electrode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMRZj6WZQU

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
*sigh* And still yet I haven't found a single shiny in my own HeartGold game, and I just drilled Clair and haven't blown through the game at all, I've been picking everything clean as I go.... oh well.

I don't really count the freebie Gyarados personally. I already hatched my own last year that's way better than any evolution-induced mutant. :P

But on another note...

One of the reasons I showed up is people seem to believe that HG/SS have increased shiny appearance rates (apparently this isn't for me, and it's especially cranked up for Fufu :P).

But that's not all. Supposedly you can get shiny Pokemon from the PokeWalker as well.

At first my friend told me it wasn't possible, because the ID is set when you connect to the Walker so you'll either get no shinies or all shinies from it.

But...

With a little internet searching, it seems that this may be false, or there's a crapload of liars out there strewn all across the internet that seemingly all have to do with the Walker and shiny Pokemon. I remember one post about getting a shiny Venonat and another Pokemon from it, amongst others.

So naturally I've been testing it out, to no avail.

In fact the catching mechanism on that thing has made me want to throw it, stomp it, and take a sledgehammer and smash it.... you get the idea. A Pokemon can have one bar of health an still bust out of the PokeBall, so it's still luck based as ever.

But and interesting note is that the "tool" used to catch Pokemon on it is called the PokeRadar. And you can hold three Pokemon at once.

So I'm suspecting that if you're able to successfully catch the same Pokemon in a row, your shiny chances may go up.

This is all just speculation though. After many failed attempts (SUNKERN fled! ****!!), I'm starting to believe my friend more. I almost have a whole box of Sunkern, and now I've switched to Night Sky's Edge for Onix....

*sigh*

I haven't gotten a new shiny since last year's Skarmory, Baltoy and Mudkip. I've taken a very, very long break because of YouTube, and I'm just not that into battling competitively anymore.

But I still want shiny Pokemon, and I want to get one on HeartGold as soon as possible....

Years
Good luck with all the shiny hunts everyone :D

Oh btw I'm new here :P

I'm currently SRing for the first time. Going to try for Ho-oh, and I'm at 400 SRs already. Wish me luck :)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Well, I'm just loving my HeartGold version at the moment.
Sshiny Raticate in the Burned Tower.
Shiny Electrode

*laughs* I know that one, I did the same thing back in the days of the original games. (The post is back in that 700 page mess some place.) It's like that 3rd Electrode wants us to catch it, so it pops out shiny. :)

Congratulations Fufu, your luck this past week is amazing!

@ Froggy_00 - Welcome to the club, have you had any luck with shinys before?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Beware: Quoting ahead:

It's Just Fufu: Congratulations on the Cyndaquil, Raticate, and the Electrode.
Massive win on your part. 8D

They are Cert Shinies, so yes, you may count one. (But just one! ^,^) The same applies to the Red Gyarados and friends. (See, Demoonica? I wasn't discriminating against your Berry Zigzagoon army. I was trying to prevent Red Gyarados Madness all along!)

Then I'll add Pichu to my list, making two Pichu (one I chained, and the Event one).

Ohhhh, don't rub it in! I miss those days in 2006 when finding shinies on the GBA was a thrill and everyone was here to talk about it and have rivalries. Ohh, for the days spent on Route 114 hunting Seviper :D I nostalgia, I lose.

|D

He's right. Besides, there is no legit way to get the Azure Flute yet... |D

*laughs* Yeah, it has been a long time I was last seen here, I'm as rare to find here as the Shinys we hunt. Thanks for the congrats.

"A wild alternate colored Lady Demoonica Darkmoon has appeared!!" *shot*
No prob.

Everyone needs a good update to those poor cards.

Indeed. D|

And really don't think I have been here in almost a year, so don't look at me to keep you all in line (all of us co-owners actually) How often do we pop out of the woodwork? Not much.

All we need is Yami to appear and the CO-Trio will be complete. 8D

Wow, it's been ages since i visited here, and even longer since i posted.

Rest assured for those of you that care, i'm not actually dead, nor have i been hunting at all the past few months, hopefully now with the release of HG/SS that will change, i am currently engaged in a hunt for a johto starter in SS, at 50 resets so far

The Lord of the Sammich has appeared too!! D:
Welcome back. =D

Spoiler:

!!
Even DDD has appeared!? D8
Welcome back as well. =D

*Spoiler-Tagged this as it's long...*

Good luck with all the shiny hunts everyone :D

Oh btw I'm new here :P

I'm currently SRing for the first time. Going to try for Ho-oh, and I'm at 400 SRs already. Wish me luck :)

Welcome the club, Froggy_00. Hope you have a good time here. =D

And what he said.
This place hasn't been this active for a long time now. ^_^
As I have yet to get Soul Silver (fails), I haven't tried hunting there...
But I am going to go for a Starly in Platinum, cause I want a Shiny one.
Later.

3/12

Last edited:
Years

*laughs* I know that one, I did the same thing back in the days of the original games. (The post is back in that 700 page mess some place.) It's like that 3rd Electrode wants us to catch it, so it pops out shiny. :)

Congratulations Fufu, your luck this past week is amazing!

@ Froggy_00 - Welcome to the club, have you had any luck with shinys before?

Yes I have had luck with shinies before -looks at sig- ;)

As for soft resetting, none at all. SRing shiny Ho-oh is my first attempt at an SR shiny and I'm determined to get it no matter what. It's a shame that you never know how long it'll take though :S

Back