• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold

...?
Years
  • Okay thanks Tachikazi. I would have to hack an Ekans early game though because of its not in Yellow. Hmm, I should have Tangela and/or Kangaskhan hacked somewhere early too but not as early as Ekans.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Update #2. Sorry, ima pretty much summarize most of it, since I did all of this awhile ago, and I haz a bad memory ;_;.

Erm, where did I leave off? Ah, thats right. Well, I made it to Azalea, beat up all the bad guys in the slowpoke well, beat up Proton(Whos hair is werd looking o.o) and then left. THen I got the old guy who I think is a pedo..TO make me some Pokeballs. After that, went into the gym and had a fight with some bug pokemon trainers (I hate how I have to fight my fourth favorite types D:) and then beat Bugsy. Sneasel was the main player, he took most of em out quite nicely, if I say so. Left there, went..West? And then north up into Goldenrod, And then did the little quiz thingy.

Went into the gym, took care of Whitneys beautiful women *drools* and then made Whitney cry (So cuuuute if you think about it.) got the gym badge. Got the squirt bottle, and then went north up into Ecruteak. First I took care of that pesky Team Rocket member that was messing with my Kimono Girls >:O, and got the HM Surf. I taught it to Lapras, since quite frankly its a pretty good move, and with the STAB bonus, it turns into a great one, especially for Lapras. Left there, went into the Burned Tower, watched the dogs flee from me (Are they scared that I am an animal abuser? ;.;) and then talked to the "Mystery Man Eusine (He has a nice name..).

Left there, went to the Pokemart to pick up some berries my mommy wasted my hard earned money on, then bought some supplies (Revives, Super Potions, you get the idea) and since I dont have to waste money on Poke balls anymore, I have quite a bit more cash!

Took on the Ecruteak gym. Quite frankly, it was a breeze. With Sneasels Faint Attack, I wiped the floor with the old ladies and Morty.

Left there, then went to Olivine city. Grabbed a few more supplies, healed my Pokes, and then headed up the tedious climbing of the Lighthouse(not that i dont like it, its amazing experience) This time, I focused on my Lapras, because hes been neglected thanks to my Sneasel, who is FINALLY learning some good moves. In the beginning, Sneasel was super weak. But now, since he has amazing speed, and can outspeed almost any Pokemon, he can actually survive!

Met up with the cute (Yet seems like the clumsy type) Jasmine, who made me swim across the ocean for some medicine D:. But the swimmers along the way were some pretty good experience for my newly evolved Gallade (Just figured out you have to "Use" a Dawn Stone, instead of "Give" >_>). Got to..That one island I forget the name of. Got the "SecretPotion" and challenged the gym (Not even bothering getting the Shuckle...Useless Pokemon in my opinion (>3.3)>) and beat up all the people in there. Chuck was uber easy, even though my Gallade didnt know any strong Psychic moves (Confusion is all, yay!..Such a weak move for such an awesome Pokemon *sigh*). Chuck wasnt too hard, but his stupid Poliwrath annoyed me D:<.

Anywho, flew back to Olivine, gave Jasmine the potion, and now shes in the gym! Yay..

Took on the gym, Jasmine wasnt too difficult.. But my Pokemon were at level with hers..Which usually they arent <_>. Her Magnemite was a PAIN. It didnt want to take damage at all >_<.

So now, im grinding my butt off, bringing all my Pokemon on par to beat up the last two gym leaders.

Heres my team so far:

Gallade Lv. 31

Psycho Cut (Awesomeeeee)
    Drain Punch (Also awesomeeee.. 60 base power, with STAB, and it heals your Pokemon, not bad ^_^)
    Magical Leaf (Ehh..Not too good, only keeping it around since its the only Grass type move any of my Pokemon know..)
    Calm Mind

Sneasel Lv. 30

Icy Wind
    Faint Attack
    Cut (Only Pokemon that could learn it, plus didnt seem to be a bad idea since at the time the rest of his moves were suckish at best)
    Fury Swipes (Quite weak..Going to switch it out soon..Hopefully)

Gastly Lv. 20

Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Night Shade
    Curse

Pidgey Lv. 10

Fly
    U-Turn
    Gust
    Roost

Lapras Lv. 26

Body Slam
    Water Pulse
    Surf
    Rain Dance

Geodude Lv. 16

Tackle
    Rock Throw
    Mud Sport
    Magnitude

To be frank, im half and half when it comes to my team. Sure, a few of my Pokemon have some pretty good movesets at this point in the game, but at the same time, I believe I could do much better. I mean, all of my Pokemon were underleveled compared to Jasmine, and two of them arent even level 20 yet! Plus, Geodudes moveset sucks at the moment. But I dont really have any good TMs to teach it. Lapras is fine, though I wish I hadnt accidentally replaced Ice Shard with Rain Dance, now its pretty much a Water type, rather than Water/Ice. Sneasel is doing pretty good, though I wish I could replace Cut with a better Dark type move and Fury Swipes with a stronger Ice type move than friggin Icy Wind. Gallade, I wish he knew Psychic, as well as another strong Fighting move, rather than just Psycho Cut and Drain Punch. Overall, im happy with my Pidgey, except for Gust, which I would rather be Aerial Ace or a strong Flying type attack, but seeing as I have barely trained him, hes doing quite well.

Overall, my Pokemon are doing really well, especially for only being "Almost" done with half of the game. currently I am working on making my Geodude, Lapras, and Pidgey on par with the rest. To tell you the truth, I only see Geodude (Soon to be Graveler) useful for Reds Pikachu. I can see Sneasel, Gallade, and Lapras playing a major role (Especially Gallade, he has barely any weaknesses and is quite strong). As for Pidgey, I dont think he will do much of anything, rather than being a bench warmer or a substitute to heal my Pokemon. Gastly/Gengar might play a good role, but since currently he isnt doing much, im not sure.

Anyway, sorry for my wall of text, and I dont know how to use spoilers yet ;.;. But, my HG is doing quite well, and I love my team! Planning on doing another of these after im done, after possibly doing an Electric or Psychic monotype! Ill keep updating my progress as well! And have you ever thought of another challenge, making it to where you have to level your whole team to Lv. 100? Just for those who want to completely max out their team? ^_^.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Sorry, it's been a while. I've sweeped most of the game so far, up to ilex forest.

Flowering The Level 16 Ivysaur (Item: Miracle Seed)
    Vine Whip
    PoisonPowder
    Sleep Powder
    Cut
    I'm going to have a full team of 6 pokemon, which means I don't get fly. *shudder* Or can I catch a pidgey or something, and keep it in my box for when I use fly? But that's off-topic: What is on-topic is the fact that venusaur is a force of nature when used right; I've used it before in leafgreen. Teaching it cut probably isn't using it right, but hey.

Odd Uno The Level 17 Porygon-Z (Item: TwistedSpoon)
    Agility
    Tackle
    Psybeam
    Nasty Plot
    A bigger force then venusaur was in leafgreen. Nasty Plot... Well, it doesn't get much use, but I'm keeping it, since there's not really another option.
    Agility and Tackle are filler - Going to get rid of them as soon as I can. Psybeam, despite lacking STAB, is my best move on it, due to a 135 base SpA.

Numel, Level 18 (Item: Charcoal)
    Rock Smash
    Headbutt
    Ember
    Magnitude
    I forgot to nickname it... Despite lack of a nickname, numel is holding its own in battle with good attack and special attack (though the attack is a bit higher, the special attack is still nice) and a physical and special STAB. Oh, and Rock Smash because I don't have room for an HM slave.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Progress Update #3. Anyway, so far im doing pretty well, for basically playing about 20 hours and leaving the DS just lying around XD.

Just beat Jasmine, so after a wee bit of grinding (Might I add I grinded for ten minutes before giving up?:P) I then headed on to Mahogany (More like flew, on the Air-Tran Pidgey) and then I went north, dodging around those pesky Team Rocket N3WBs, and battled all the trainers along the way, plus a few wild Pokemon to help level up a few of my own.

Got to the Lake of Rage, took on the shiny Gyarados, KOed him with Psycho Cut, and then left. Talked to my newfound 'bro Lance, and then he departed. Went back south, taking on a few more wild Pokemon to level up my team even that much, and then got to Mahogany. Traded over my new Haunter to get a Gengar, and then traded back.

Went into Team Rockets hideout, rushing it sort of, though thinking back I should have not, because its some pretty good training. Found the coward Petrel, beat him up, followed the Murkrow and opened the big bad door...Beat up the yakuza hottie Ariana..Dragonite was 8 levels higher than my highest Pokemon *cries* even though in previous playthroughs my Typhlosion was 3 levels higher than him, and my Feralagatr was 5 levels higher than him *cries*. Oh well.

Took out 3 Voltorbs, not bad, 783 Exp with the 1.5x multiplier (Thanks traded Pokes). Left there, and took on Pryces gym.

The gym wasnt overly complex, like its R/S/E Ice gym counterpart. Took out all his cronies, and then finally took on Pryce. All in all, it took me 5 turns total. Drain Punch Piloswine and..Seel? And then Psycho Cut twice for Dewgong (He healed once, ..-.-).

GOt the TM, taught Hail to Lapras, and then left.

Got a call from the Prof. Flew on Pidgey over to Goldenrod.

Went through the tedios Radio Tower, took on the Execs, blah blah. Went back to Mahogany (Isnt this the third time?>_>) and went through the Ice Cave thing. Helped the cute Kimono Girl out, and then left. Took on the gym, Lapras and Sneasel, I hereby give you the MVP award for that gym..Lol. Went through the Dragons Den, blah blah... And thats where I am at in this point in the game. Time to catch Ho-Oh, box him, and then make my way through Victory Road. Ill be grinding soon...Bleh.

Ill post my team once im done grinding and getting better moves for them >_>.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    @ Seeds Horizon: Nice updates, enjoying reading them.

@ Tyranit: Of course you can catch a Pidgey for Fly purposes - you can catch any HM slaves you like, as long as you don't use them as part of your proper team.

Added Arnold to the Challengers list. Good luck and enjoy!

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Progress Update #4. Pretty much non eventful..

So, after beating up Clair..I left, when to the home town, talked to the old guy, went to Ecruteak, beat up those cute Kimono girls, then left for Bell Tower.

Bell Tower would have been interesting, had it not been my millionth time in it. I finally caught Ho-oh after about an hour..Lol.

Left there, blah blah Went through Victory Road, gaining valuable levels and experience. Mainly focusing on my Lapras, since he will play a pivotal role in the battle against Lance. Also switching him out with Gengar to use, since ill be using him most of the Elite Four anyway.

Went through the desolate cave..Where are all the trainers? Oh yeah, thats right..Stupid Rival taking my preeyyyy *continues to rage*.

Beat up my redheaded rival (he has no soul..Arrgghh). He was easy. Gallade took care of most of his team, while Lapras took out his Typhlosion.

Stayed in there for about 1/60th of the time I wanted to, leveling Gengar up to about 42 and Lapras up to 50 something, and Gallade to around 45. The rest I neglected.

Went through the E4..here is my tale!

Gengar easily mopped the floor with Shadow Ball in the first guys room.

Lapras took on Koga, Ice Beam ftw. There was nothing left but the remains of wings and toxic sludge.

Gallade and Psycho Cut of course took on the third guy. Easy peasy. One hitted most of his Pokemon.

Lapras and Gallade pretty much duoed the last person. Psychic and Ghost seem to be pretty effective against Dark types.

Lance wasnt too hard, besides his Aerodactyl and Gyarados. Ice beam, on the other hand wiped out his three Dragonites, and his Charizard. Yay..Im the champion..What now.

Left for Kanto after the credits..Will update later~.

My team:

Gengar Lv. 46. Levitate.

Shadow Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Payback
    Sucker Punch

Sneasel Keen Eye Lv. 40

Iron Tail
    Shadow Claw
    Icy Wind
    Whirlpool

Gallade Lv. 47 Steadfast

Psycho Cut
    False Swipe
    Drain Punch
    Calm Mind

Graveler Lv. 25 Sturdy

Rollout
    Self Destruct
    Magnitude
    Strength

Lapras Lv. 53 Shell Armor

Waterfall
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Perish Song

Pidgey Lv. 12

Fly
    Gust
    U-Turn
    Roost

So yeah, heres my rant on my team.

Pretty much Gengar, Lapras, and Gallade are my team players. Mostly Lapras though. Their moves are pretty beast (Except for Lapras, he only has one ice type move..) and Gallade needs another Fighting type, hoping he learns Close Combat soon... Gengar is doing great, with two Ghost type and two Dark type attacks, hes a formidable foe. Graveler and Pidgey on the other hand, have been neglected. I hope to change that though after I reach Kanto, in which I hope to get them on par with the rest. Sneasel is just..There. I mean, hes about the same level as the other Pokemon, but I dont really use him..Since with Gengar, I already have two alright Dark type moves, and with Lapras I have a strong Ice type, but with Sneasel I dont have either, so he cant really do much except be uber fast..

Ill update my progress in Kanto tomorrow ^_^.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • *shrugs* since Im almost finished with the challenge (Ill post my last one or two updates later) I thought id do another one, since this one was so fun ;D. Even though im not finished yet, I want to start breeding my Pokemon since it takes a bit, and since a lot of people done seem to look on this thread anymore, I felt that posting early would at least let me start earlier than I would have had I posted it after I finish this run. So all in all, I want to start breeding my team (Yeah I know.. I should just catch them while in the game..But im lazy, and like to breed Pokemon, and like to start with them from scratch since its more fun and you can have more control over their movesets <3) soo..

Name: Eternal
    Game: HeartGold
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Gardevoir, Steelix, Skarmory, Magneton, Raichou, Ampharos, Gyarados, Kingdra, Starmie, Arcanine, Donphan, Rhydon, Butterfree, Arbok, Nidoking/Queen, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Miltank, Vileplume, Sandslash, Venomoth, Primeape, Poliwrath, Machamp, Victreebell, Rapidash, Muk, Dewgong, Cloyster, Hypno, Kingler, Weezing, Electabuzz, Jynx, Jolteon, Scyther, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Ariados, Crobat, Lanturn, Xatu, Aipom, Jumpluff, Murkrow, Forretress, Mamoswine, Electivire, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Roserade, Camerupt, Salamence, Luxray, Floatzel, Kanghaskan, Garchomp,
    Number required: 6
    Any specific requirements:
    An Electric type, please. Plus, dont give me two of the same types, id like my team to be diverse. Since through this playthrough, I had Lapras AND Sneasel, though both were dual types, they both had Ice, and Sneasel was kinda never used because of that >_>.

Sorry that my list is uber long, I went through my National Dex in my SoulSilver lmao XD. But yeah, all of these ive never even touched. Perhaps caught in the hopes of using, but never got around to using them. And most ive... Shoved away since ive thought they were uber weak or too much of a problem to deal with getting.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Game: HeartGold
    Gardevoir, Steelix, Skarmory, Magneton, Raichou, Ampharos, Gyarados, Kingdra, Starmie, Arcanine, Donphan, Rhydon, Butterfree, Arbok, Nidoking/Queen, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Miltank, Vileplume, Sandslash, Venomoth, Primeape, Poliwrath, Machamp, Victreebell, Rapidash, Muk, Dewgong, Cloyster, Hypno, Kingler, Weezing, Electabuzz, Jynx, Jolteon, Scyther, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Ariados, Crobat, Lanturn, Xatu, Aipom, Jumpluff, Murkrow, Forretress, Mamoswine, Electivire, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Roserade, Camerupt, Salamence, Luxray, Floatzel, Kanghaskan, Garchomp,
    An Electric type, please. Plus, dont give me two of the same types, id like my team to be diverse. Since through this playthrough, I had Lapras AND Sneasel, though both were dual types, they both had Ice, and Sneasel was kinda never used because of that >_>.

I prefer raising from Lv.1 too, you get a much better overall sense of the Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses that way. If I wanted to know how good the Pokemon was at Lv.100 I'd just check Smogon! And don't worry, my own list is even longer; I have a full Pokedex except for a few event Pokemon and I've only raised about 100 of them, so there's a whole load more to raise that I've never got round to training. Hence this Challenge!

As for your second team... Take:

227.png
    Skarmory
    229.png
    Houndoom
    466.png
    Electivire
    230.png
    Kingdra
    282.png
    Gardevoir

...and one of your choice from:

34.png
    Nidoking,
    57.png
    Primeape, or
    424.png
    Ambipom.

Enjoy!

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Yes! I wanted Electivire and Kingdra. Though, sadly ill have to use my Lv,. 23 Electivire from my SS, since I forgot how to get an electrilizer. This is my final update!

Progress Update #5- Final Update

Went on the SS Aqua, played hide and seek with the little girl..Blah XD.

Got to Vermilion, and immediately went to the gym. Finally, after searching through a million and one smelly trash baskets, got through the doors. Beat up Lt. Surge (Thanks so much Graveler <3).

Went to Saffron next, and took out the gym with ease. Gengar was just owning Sabrinas team left and right, they fell down so fast.

Went to Celadon, and of course took on Erika. That gym is a super pain in the butt. Thankfully I had Lapras, who just ice beamed her whole team. Next I went to Cerulean, did the little Power plan quest (Or did I go to Fuchsia first..Oh well >_>) blah. I think I got the Electralizer off that one guy.. Or something. Then I lost it..Somehow. Anyway, beat up Misty, she was a bit tough, but thank Pikachu I had Gallade who knew Magical Leaf, so wasnt too hard.

Went to Fuchsia, owned those wee little Poision guys <3. Next went through the Digletts cave, and got to..Viridian? I cant remember where it comes out at D:. Anyway, went to Pewter, beat up Brock, then went to Pallet, talked to Oak, then went to the new Cinnabar after talking to Blue, and beat up Blaine. Went back to Blue, and then left for Viridian.

Blue was difficult. I lost twice before I finally beat him.

Yay! Its time to recount my grinding. Talked to Oak, said something about Red, then went off to Saffron. Saved, turn off my Ds. Messed with the clock, went to Sunday in the morning.

Called Erika for a rematch (Sorry, forgot to mention went and got her number..)

And then I grinded. Until my team was in the low 60s to 70s.

Red was uber difficult. His Pikachu was super easy, thanks to Graveler and Earthquake. His Lapras...UGH! Gallade took him out though, I think I used Drain Punch so I got some HP..

Charizard fell under Lapras' wrath, Surf ftw. Same for Venusaur, Ice Beam OWNS.

Blastoise was...Meh. I just used Magical Leaf.

Snorlax wasnt too hard. Psycho Cutted him up.

Forgot that Gallade can learn Psychic from that guy in Saffron, so after the battle went back there, got the TM. Went to Oak, and picked the Squirtle.

Went to see Steven, and got a Treecko.

Here is my final team <3. Going to trade them all over to my SS ^_^.

Gallade Lv. 72

Psycho Cut
    Psychic
    Drain Punch
    Close Combat

Graveler Lv. 62

Earthquake
    Rock Climb
    Magnitude
    Strength

Gengar Lv. 67

Shadow Ball
    Shadow Claw
    Dark Pulse
    Trick Room (lol..)

Lapras Lv. 73

Ice Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Hail

Pidgey Lv. 12 (Never trained him..Lmao XD)

Fly
    U-Turn
    Gust
    Scratch

Sneasel Lv. 42 (Neglected him since i have both Gengar AND Lapras, so..yeah)

Shadow Claw
    Icy Wind
    Cut
    Iron Tail.

My thoughts on my team:

Lapras: Definitely the MVP. He did most of the work in the game. He took out most of the gyms, and he was overall very fun to use. I might even use him in later playthroughs!

Sneasel: Barely used him. Even for his Dark, I had Gengar who knew two Dark moves through most of the playthrough, and for Ice had Lapras, and since Sneasel only knew Icy Wind, which is super weak, compared to Lapras' Ice Beam, bleh.

Pidgey: ...

Graveler: Him.. He was pretty good. For Flying and Electric types, that is.. He awesomeley dealt with Reds Pikachu, so he was very useful.

Gallade: My second MVP. Him and Lapras were my vanguard of my battles, always spear heading the other team and wiping them out. Gallade is simply awesome. His diverse movepool, barely any weaknesses, he just OWNS.

Gallade and Lapras were by far my favorites. In later playthroughs, ill make sure to use those two. I cant wait until my new challenge, ill most likely start later after im done breeding and hatching <3. So this is what my team will look like:

Ralts

Electivire (I wont use him until the third or fourth gym >_<)

Skarmory

Horsea

Nidorino..Or w/e

And Houndour.

A really diverse team, if I say so <3.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Meh, I'll probably play this at some point, but not for a while probably

Name: Zeus
    Game: HG
    List of Pokemon that got away (This list is gonna be HUGE, looking through Marriland because I'll never remember them all XD):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • You can take Starmie, Umbreon, Altaria, Armaldo, Quagsire, and Mamoswine.

Just traded all of my Lv. 1s from my SS to my HG, so will be starting soon.. *sigh* Ima try to beat this run in a week ^_^.

And good luck to you, also, I tried to take one Pokemon from each region, and two from Hoenn and Johto, since you didnt give any preferences and I tried to be as diverse as possible. ^_^ I gave you Starmie and Quagsire since you said you dont like Water types, so im going to conform you ;P

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Cheers, still won't start for ages XD I'm looking forward to it though :) Just beat Ghetsis on my Favourite challenge, its a great challenge, I recommend and approve of it. Probably shouldn't advertise on this thread, I might lose Sammu his popularity on this challenge, and then

This spoiler is not to be read by Sammuthegreat:
    Spoiler:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Ah yes, after finding out how to finally use emulators, im just going to do this challenge on them. I want to do an Ultimate one, if possible. Also, do we use the same exact team on every single game for it? Or completely different ones, with none of the same Pokemon? Since im doing this, ill put my current TOTGA Challenge on hold (I bred all the eggs and hatched them, they are just sitting in the PC). Also, we can substitute remakes for the originals right? If so, Ill sub FireRed for R/B/Y (Quite possibly be doing another ultimate..ehehe) and HeartGold for G/S/E. Going to finish this playthrough of Emerald, and then start on the Ultimate.

Game: FireRed

List of Pokemon that got away: Pikachu, Arbok, Weezing, Eeveelutions, Nidking/Queen, Ratticate, Tentacruel, Pidgeot ( I didnt use him in my HG run..Lol) Electabuzz, Voltorb, Alakazam, Clefairy, Starmie, Gyarados, Dragonite, Butterfree, Beedrill, Sandslash, Ninetales, Arcanine, Vileplume, Venomoth, Persian, Poliwrath, Machamp, Rapidash, Magneton, Cloyster, Onix, Hypno, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Snorlax.
    None of the same type, please. Even if its dual type, I dont want an Ice/Dark and an Ice/Water type..It kinds makes one inferior to the other. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Ah yes, after finding out how to finally use emulators, im just going to do this challenge on them. I want to do an Ultimate one, if possible. Also, do we use the same exact team on every single game for it? Or completely different ones, with none of the same Pokemon? Since im doing this, ill put my current TOTGA Challenge on hold (I bred all the eggs and hatched them, they are just sitting in the PC). Also, we can substitute remakes for the originals right? If so, Ill sub FireRed for R/B/Y (Quite possibly be doing another ultimate..ehehe) and HeartGold for G/S/E. Going to finish this playthrough of Emerald, and then start on the Ultimate.

List of Pokemon that got away: Pikachu, Arbok, Weezing, Eeveelutions, Nidking/Queen, Ratticate, Tentacruel, Pidgeot ( I didnt use him in my HG run..Lol) Electabuzz, Voltorb, Alakazam, Clefairy, Starmie, Gyarados, Dragonite, Butterfree, Beedrill, Sandslash, Ninetales, Arcanine, Vileplume, Venomoth, Persian, Poliwrath, Machamp, Rapidash, Magneton, Cloyster, Onix, Hypno, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Snorlax.
    None of the same type, please. Even if its dual type, I dont want an Ice/Dark and an Ice/Water type..It kinds makes one inferior to the other. Thanks!

Go with Venomoth, Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Raichu, Sandslash and Alakazam.

As for your Ultimate... I guess you can take a new team each time. In fact that's only fair, otherwise you'd be stuck with all Gen III Pokemon when you got to Gen IV, etc. and that would be kinda against the point of this challenge. As for the remakes, of course you can use them instead of the originals.

Enjoy!

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I think I'd like to try another one of these, an ultimate this time. And since I'm procrastinating on grinding for the elite four in my pearl run and I'll be done with exams for this term soon, I'll be able to start pretty soon.

Anyway, without further ado:

Name: Tachi
    List of Pokemon that got away: Kingler, Weezing, Hitmonchan, Kabutops, Poliwrath, Sandslash, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Golduck, Slowbro, Cloyster, Muk, Hypno, Marowak, Electrode, Starmie, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Gyarados, Lapras, Omastar
    Any specific requirements: I know 11/21 are water types...but please give me some type variation. I'm not saying don't double up types because that'd pretty much be saying "give me Electrode and Ninetales" but I'd rather not have a full team of water types.

Years
  • Lapras, Ninetales, Electrode, Muk, Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan.

Name: Hybrid
    Game: Silver
    Spoiler:

Number required: 5
    Any specific requirements: Can they vary in appearance please, I'm planning on doing that extra rule of personalities and stuff ^-^

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Lapras, Ninetales, Electrode, Muk, Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan.

Name: Hybrid
    Game: Silver
    Spoiler:

Number required: 5
    Any specific requirements: Can they vary in appearance please, I'm planning on doing that extra rule of personalities and stuff ^-^

Glad to hear you're doing the optional rule! Try... Politoed, Granbull, Marowak, Houndoom and Venomoth. Enjoy! You're on the Challengers list.

EDIT: If they're not varied enough in appearance, let me know and I'll change whichever you like.

Years
  • My Team
    This pokemon is generally very bubbly and hyper active, so because of this is quite clumsy and rushes into things.

Effect - This pokemon cannot use any moves that need charging or recharging afterwards.
    This pokemon is generally very quite and timid, but due to past experiences will pounce at any pokemon that is pink.

Effect - If this pokemon is battling a pink coloured pokemon it can only use offensive moves.

This pokemon is very withdrawn due to the fact its mother was killed when a wild pokemon attacked her as a baby. Because of this she cannot bring herself to harm another wild pokemon.

Effect - It cannot make a wild pokemon faint. if it does so by accident it will not be able to battle until 5 pokemon have been defeated (like a grieving period)

This pokemon feels like its still in a pack, so will treat the others like its of the same species and treats the trainer like its the leader. It becomes very angry if one of its pack is taken down.

Effect - This pokemon can only use physical attacks if it comes out after another team member has fainted.

This pokemon is very unsociable when it comes to meeting other pokemon the same kind. When it meets another it becomes so nervous it doesn't know what to do.

Effect - This pokemon can only use defensive attacks on other bug pokemon.

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Woot! Im probably going to hack in a Aerodactyl, Abra, and Pikachu early on since those are my favorite three out of the ones <3. Im planning on starting later today, since Emerald is making me mad D:<. Stay tuned, for our next showing of...Seeds Epic Progress Reports! Starring: Pikachu "Pikaaaaa". XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back