• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
VAPPY quit RNGing Pokemon that I really like! lol Her little mask makes her look like a super hero. :) Mystery and Blue Blob crime fighting duo yessss? :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hurrah my entry. I'm a bold and daring heroine, right? :^)

282.png

Gardevoir
Bold | Telepathy
Psychic | Focus Blast | Will-O-Wisp | Shadow Sneak
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31​

Oohhh yeah I would love to have psychic powers! I would really like being able to see the future too, haha. I can use my powers to protect those important to me... I kept the egg moves too because I can't forget my roots now! With great power comes great responsibility, yup yup. Gardevoir also has a nice costume/dress. ;)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well done everyone! I'm sure Blade will post the winner as soon as she wakes up ^___^

Meanwhile, I gladly introduce you the new challenge!

Challenge #19: The Patriotic Challenge

RNG a Pokemon that describes your country (or state, geographical region, origins, etc.) the best!

I'm really curious about your Pokemon of choice! Good luck!

Note that this challenge, and all challenges after this one expire after 5, not 4 days like it was earlier. If you think that's too long, inform us (owners) in posts here, VMs or PMs as well. The club is for your entertainment and we want you to have as much fun as possible, so we're very opened to any kind of feedback.

In the Trade Corner, there are discussions that might be interesting for you, since RNG abusing is somewhat connected with trading, especially the topic about RNGing vs Shiny Hunting and the topic about your habits when catching or breeding Pokemon. Be sure to check them out and post there! :)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
And owner's choice for challenge #18 is...

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Congrats, Wiilio! And OOOOH. A challenge that me and Vappy won't do the same thing for. XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
Entry :3
357.gif

[SIZE=+2]Tropicana[/SIZE]
shiny.png
(M)| Level 1
004.png

Bruce | 55821 | Black
Modest | Harvest | 31 31 31 31 31 31 | HP: Dark 70
Razor Wind, Leaf Storm, Synthesis, Earthquake.
[Hatched at Undella Bay]
The Philippines has a tropical marine climate, and is usually hot, humid, and tropical,it is located on the northwestern fringes of the Pacific Ring of fire, Around 20 earthquakes are registered daily in the Philippines, though most are too weak to be felt. Most of its mountainous islands were covered in tropical rainforest, and are volcanic in origin, And also the Philippines' major crops include rice, corn, sugarcane, coconut, abaca, and tobacco, and other native fruits which we harvest yearly​
I picked this pokemon because he pretty much have a resemblance to our country, being tropical, fruitful and productive.​

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
565.gif

Albany | Carracosta Lv. 50 ♂
ShinyBWStar.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Solid Rock | Jolly
20 HP / 252 ATK / 236 SPEED
[31|31|31|0|31|31] [HP Electric 59]
[Waterfall | Stone Edge | Earthquake | Shell Smash]

I picked Carracosta because it the snapping turtle is the state reptile of New York. In America (I'm guessing like other countries with various territories within them) we have state symbols. I was originally going to go the generic route again like I did with Kangaskhan but I decided to do something a little more surprising. It was down between Roserade (our state flower is the rose) and this turtle but I really want to RNG this little rascal. He's named Albany after our state capitol. Carracosta represents power and is really cute: traits that represent the typical New Yorker (we're super hot and one of the leading states in most aspects). Sometimes were a little slow though so our power doesn't always get to its chance to shine. He's also level 50 to represent AMERICA OH YEAH! Despite the reputation we get we're pretty Jolly so I thought the competitive nature fit. XD

I also have another set of dex mons I'll be posting soon. :D​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll be gone during this challenge, so I'm skipping out on it. I would do Phanpy to represent Big Al though! Because Alabama is the best football team. ;) And put it on level 14 because we've got 14 SEC championships baby! Roll Tide!!! Plus football is a big thing in America.

There's my entry that I didn't RNG. <3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nuuu, Sydders, you aren't allowed to go have fun without us :(

New discussion topic:

Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
The beginnings of Project Clair!

Project Clair will be me RNGing every Dragon-type there is (pre-evo, fully evolved, and legendary) and training them for competitive use.

Onto the goods:
483.png

Dialga, level 70
Quiet nature
31/31/30/30/30/31

484.png

Palkia, level 70
Hasty nature
31/31/30/31/31/31

487.png

Giratina-O, level 47
Lonely nature
30/31/30/31/31/31

493-dragon.png

Arceus-Dragon, level 80
Jolly nature
31/31/31/1/31/31

More to come!

EDIT: Like this one!

381.png

Latios, level 40
Timid nature
31/18/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire 70)

As for the discussion topic, I will do whatever is easiest if I can. However, I recently did runs through Platinum and HeartGold RNGing every gift/stationary Pokemon I could (HG: starters, red Gyarados, Ho-oh, etc; Plat: Eevee, Porygon, starter, etc) and I didn't have the tools to do it the best way early on. For example, in Plat, when RNGing... pretty much everything (Eevee, Porygon, Chimchar, Rotom, Drifloon, Riolu, Togepi), I hadn't gotten to the point where I had the coin flip app yet. So I had to catch/receive/hatch the Pokemon, check its IVs, and from that, find out what delay I had hit. It was pretty brutal, but it got done.

EDIT 2: Here's another one
384.png

Rayquaza, level 50
Jolly nature
31/31/31/29/31/31

EDIT 3: Last legendary dragon (that I need, anyway)!
646.png

Kyurem, level 75
Hasty nature
31/30/31/31/30/31

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys, I know it's been a hell of a long time since I've been here.. But I've been learning a lot more stuff and I RNG abused this lovely sea creature <3

Now, before I get into what I RNG abused.. I want to tell you the state that I live in. I live in the state of florida, the state of sunshine and sea life. Florida has a plentiful amount of marine life, and for a good reason! A peninsula would naturally have many places for aquatic animals to live, along with beautiful homes for them in the sea. And so, I present to you,

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks Wiilio, it took me a bit to accomplish. I'm so bad at hitting my delays xD I'm pretty much a noob, this is like.. My seventh or eighth RNG abused Pokemon.

I really appreciate your kind words =)

Edit: I might as well add in my thoughts on the discussion. For me, I've always understood everything incredibly easy.. I don't want to sound full of myself but that's how I've been since a long while ago. From the moment I started RNG abusing I was constantly trying to find new ways to do everything, learn about everything. That's the type of person I am, I LOVE to learn about every possible little detail about everything. So, I guess I started out simple and learned more complex RNG abuse such as that manaphy, and have come to understand things such as the %6 mod of the PID which is used for Tornadus/Thundurus capture. I still have to catch Tornadus in my Black.. It's been three restarts so far because I'm a complete failure and I under-predicted the SSF =p

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
004.png
430.gif
004.png

Adelaide
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Adamant | Prankster | 31 31 31 31 31 31 | [HP: Dark 70]
Roost, Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, Substitute.
[Hatched at Nimbasa City]

For my challenge, I decided to RNG a Honchkrow to represent South Australia. One of South Australia's AFL teams, and the one I (and Nica) support is the Adelaide Crows. At first I thought of the generic Kangaskhan for Australia idea but it occurred to me that no one here really talks about kangaroos, no do we actually see them in the city. The Adelaide Crows are the more popular of the two AFL teams in South Australia and their logo is seen all over the place. I decided against a shiny Honchkrow because the Adelaide Crows's team colours are red, yellow and blue, which I think Honchkrow matches pretty well. I decided to hatch her in Nimbasa City, or the Big Stadium to be more exact because of obvious reasons and I gave her the egg move Brave Bird because a lot of people look up to footy players for their bravery.

TwilightBlade

Years
@AngelZodiac: Your Manaphy is very lovely, perfect for representing Florida! -high fives-

@Discussion topic: Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.
I'm all trial and error, bby. So, I come up with all sorts of quirky 'short cuts' um. I've asked around and apparently I am the rare one who listens to Chatot pitches. I match Chatot pitches to verify that I hit my seed and will advance to the frame. It hasn't failed me yet (assuming I'm not high on caffeine). For example, I set up my Chatot's cry by blowing air into the mic. The sound is just static/snow stuff, but I can accurately distinguish between very high pitch and very low pitch. If I hear three high pitches in a row, I check my table to see if I get a pattern. I don't know the shifted frame but I look for these Mid-High or (better) Highs in a row. I can follow along down the rest of the table to see if Lows and Mids match too. They do, lol. UHH

For HGSS, I use 2 roamers (I found them effective in finding the delay, without the need to check the 3rd roamer). Also, I RNG abused with the AR in and starting at 00 seconds, so my calibrated second would be very high, like 34-35 instead of say, 15 seconds. I had to let go of the AR to get a standard calibrated second, and to better use EonTimer. Thanks, teech!

I am really stubborn and think my way is best because I know what works for me... -.- I have unnecessarily given myself a headache because I am not abusing "by the book" or whatever. I am trying different methods, as per Gonzo's and Mac's love and encouragement. I just prefer RNG abusing my way, which I already believe to be the simplest way... because I understand it and it got me results, haha. When I was drafting the gen 5 guide, I was surprised there were several approaches to finding the shifting frame in eggs. Who knew something so umm 'direct' as RNG could have branching approaches...

tl;dr I am nuts and I still attempt to teach people my convoluted ways.

@Challenge:
278.png

Wingull
Modest | Rain Dish
Water Gun | Rain Dance | Hurricane | Knock Off
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Hatched at Undella Bay​

My entry is totally surpassed but... Here's Wingull! I also live in Florida, which is known for its beaches. There's always tons of seagulls around. However, Florida isn't 100% heaven on earth. We often get tropical storms and hurricanes hitting our shores. I leveled up the parents so the baby would inherit Hurricane. I've never experienced a truly horrible hurricane but... As long as I'm in Florida, there's a chance. :'( Knock Off is there because it is a cool egg move, but my city has a very high crime rate. :/

Notably, an elderly NPC named Mr. Briney owns a Wingull named Peeko. Florida is well known for having lots of old people, haha. Cheers.

There's many water and flying types entered in this challenge! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
*Gladly accepts and gives high five* ;o Next I'm going for a flawless shiny Mew in japanese emerald.. I think SID abuse is going to be the biggest part.. Then I just have to hit frame 176 million Ohohohoho!

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Gonzo and I listen to Chatot pitches as well, blade (Or at least, I think it was Gonzo that did). It's very useful indeed.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My entry for the challenge is below!

004.png
569.png
004.png

MtTrashmor (Garbodor) ♂ Lv. 36
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Impish
Ability: Stench
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Toxic Spikes, Curse, Selfdestruct, Spikes
Non-Redis

So yes, I did Garbodor to represent the huge piece of trash country that I live in named the United States of America. I shouldn't have to explain that sentence too much, so I won't bother. I gave it a neat variation of egg moves thanks to a Ferrothorn parent I had sitting around. ^^ I named it after Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach. Since I'm from Virginia, I thought that was appropriate.

As for the discussion, I tend to find the simplest way to RNG and do it. If I'm doing a more complicated way such as using elm calls to verify seeds and I find out about another way, such as roamers, I switch to roamers. I've done this and it's much easier to verify my delay ^^ Blade does some crazy stuff, but I'm glad that I'm finally getting her to see the light. I don't listen to chatot pitches because I'm tone deaf so I have a pretty hard time handling them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back